megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Add Reply
New Poll

One Sailor
Nauta
“”
Nauta
Apr 4 2018, 09:48 AM
OOC Account
Baron
4 posts
currently Online
played by Nauta

Simeon Zhirayr
blunt
adaptive
heartless
cruel
apathetic
uncaring
lazy
unmotivated
calm
passive
whimsical
dead inside
clever
capable
still lazy
About
Certainly, Simeon is among seven powerful beings whose goal is to cause havoc about Sium like the disasters that they are. However, that doesn't mean he'd be fervently running around, slapping normal humans around like moth-bitten ragdolls. As the Deadly Sin of Sloth, it's to be expected if he is truly an accurate representation of his designated sin. His care for life is minuscule, but not to the point of being misanthropic. The world can burn, but he does not actively desire nor pursue it. People die, and before they die, they live. Generally dispassionate, he believes that the truth of all life is that it ends to be forgotten, and it is this truth that he attempts to spread with every action and inaction that he does or doesn't make. However, he does have whims. Sometimes, it's murder. Sometimes, it's being a nuisance. Sometimes, it's solely to communicate. People have no value, and neither does he.

Simeon sees friendships as temporary alliances, but nonetheless finds them the slightest bit amusing. He is obligated to consider his fellow Sins 'friends', but only to push a name onto the sort of association he holds with them. In fact, that is exactly how he sees friendship in general: nothing but a label for people with whom he'd be comfortable standing beside or speaking regularly. Something like that can change so quickly, however, and like all other things, they are doomed to die off. To those seeking friendship with Sloth, they must be able to understand the complexities of the sin that he depicts, and accept them, preferably depicting it themselves.

Hates
To be labeled an enemy is also a temporary state, but given his affiliation, the Sin of Sloth most likely has more of them than he does friends. Hate requires too much effort, but if there is one thing that really grinds his gears, it is the idea that hard work can consistently create something that is meaningful -and- lasting. It isn't hate, but a lack of understanding, the water to the oil of his mindset.

Loves
If the other sins are a perversion of love, then sloth is the absence of it altogether. There is absolutely no chance that Simeon would ever fall into so deep and passionate a trap. But, in his first life, he recognized what sort of ideal form he would like from a partner, namely the form of the opposite sex. In a way, this preference carried onto his current life, less on matters of romance and more upon matters of aesthetic and idle pleasure, for sex is something from which he can derive as much entertainment as he would reading a book or following along with a sudden urge to get up and do something. Romance and love are impossibilities.

favorite_border name mcname

add name mcname

remove name mcname

clear name mcname

( app • poena damnis • 107 years • heterosexual • deadly sin of sloth )
Nevio Cristofori
kind
compassionate
talented
humble
but also not really?
guilty
burdened
sorrowful
selfish
misguided
naive
duplicitous
self-loathing
About
A famed and talented pianist, well-traveled from his many, many concerts across the ends of Sium. Nevio was born and raised under tiny beginnings, his love for piano, composition and music as a whole nurtured early on to later manifest as brilliance. However, after losing the use of his hands, he contracted with the demon Amduscias to take them back, as well as achieve even greater capacity as a composer and musician at a cost. Nevio's concerts after his year of absence have a reputation of apparently being cursed, as a person from the audience dies under mysterious circumstances immediately after he has finished playing.

Amicable and kind, he enjoys speaking with people, and loves the concept of humanity as a whole, seeing his music-making and playing as a service to all in a way that barely oversteps modesty. However, for good reason, he attempts to resist such thoughts, and so, combined with his guilt for his continuing to play despite the cost he must actively pay, self-loathing manifests itself within. For this reason, the pianist feels as though he is undeserving of any sort of kindness, creating an illusion of humility.

Hates
As far as he is aware, Nevio does not have any enemies. None that he recalls. It may be possible that there are those who might blame him for the deaths of their loved ones should they have been victims to the curse that is the cost for his demon-gifted capability. He buckles under pressure from confrontation, and given his fame, he isn't very good at dealing with up-front loathing.

Loves
He is very open to romance, but has never at all been exposed to the feeling of being in love with another person rather than something as abstract as 'people' or 'music'. It would, no doubt, be quite awkward for both parties involved. Yet, the turmoil he bottles within himself may prove to be a barrier towards something healthy, a possibility that he acknowledges with visible hesitation to romance should it actually be realized.

favorite_border name mcname

add name mcname

remove name mcname

clear name mcname

( app • freelance • 24 years • heterosexual • pianist )
Hiraeth
“Edge Champion”
I'm looking for a place I'll never see again.
Hiraeth
Apr 4 2018, 09:08 PM
Staff
Trapped
Sushi Slut
447 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Heya! I have a couple vague ideas so before throwing a specific character at you, I figured I'd list some of them! Sorry if this seems a little unorthodox.

First off, I thought it might be cool to have one of my characters know Simeon from the past. None of my Crux characters are old enough for this and I don't have any monarchy-aligned bois unfortunately, but I've got Gwyn (shy cute angel boi), Cain (extremely chill/fun vampire who used to be a knight, though not for the specific monarchy mentioned in the plot) and Nimue (crazy lady) who are old enough to have known him provided he wasn't a total shut-in. Nimue has spent most of her life in Alptraum, too, so she could've even found him again after he was turned and went "wtf". It might be a little awkward though since Nimue is aligned with BSC. If you wanna do something like this, let me know and we can discuss it over discord or something!

Otherwise, I've got three Crux characters: Soren (commander of chastity, cold prick), Melchior (sentient bellicosa, good boy), and Silas (idk, lazy-ish half-demon thing). I'm guessing Simeon hasn't built up his notoriety yet (though do feel free correct me if I'm wrong). Not sure how they'd end up fighting, but if Soren found out Simeon was a sin, he'd definitely go for it. Melchior can sense sins/demons and is instinctively driven to attack them, so that's an option. Silas is a little more chill and would probably end up leaving Simeon alone provided he wasn't doing anything wrong. So, these are my conflict ideas for now!

Friendship-wise, my sin, Aspen is a possibility. I have a feeling she'd constantly be trying to make Simeon get off his ass because she's disappointed in her family. It could be funny. Perhaps Lucifer gives them an order and they sow chaos together.

Or if you want to spread Simeon's gospel, I have this naive little shit named Asher who basically has the totally opposite mindset of Simeon. I'm guessing this thread would just turn out to be a cringey argument...but hey, kids are impressionable -maybe Simeon would get somewhere with him.

So uh...yeah! Sorry if this is overwhelming. I figure we can pick one or two thread ideas and go from there. Let me know if you'd like to elaborate on any of this stuff and I'd be happy to thread with you! Simeon looks great! And if you want my discord, it's hiraeth#4161

@Nauta
Jageroux
“The Coolest Monkey In The Jungle”
damn, 3 AM and I'm wide awake, nothing changes pack it up and just drive away
Jageroux
Apr 11 2018, 12:27 AM
Staff
Duke
Übermensch
158 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

For Gael, I could see her winding up interacting with Nevio. If there's a mystery around people dying during/after his performances, it's definitely something Weltschmerz would be wiling to look into. As they're pretty much anti-magic/-supernatural entities (to an extent), they'd want to look into whatever sort of foul play is going on and try to put a stop to it.

It could be something as simple as Nevio is scheduled to preform at a place in Gaothaire, so Gael is sent to 'oversee' the security of it. It could be a bit duplicitous because of the fact she'd undoubtedly be spying on Nevio himself to some extent. I'm thinking the performance could have been scheduled a few days ahead of time, perhaps at a large venue to explain why it wasn't immediate. This would allow Weltschmerz to 'politely' offer to handle the security for everything and Gael could be assigned to Nevio as a sort of bodyguard/chauffeur.

The thread may not have that much action, aside from maybe people trying to mug/kidnap Nevio because he's famous (but Gael would make sure nothing got too out of hand/he didn't get hurt). And I think because she's blind, she'd undoubtedly take a liking to his music because it's a form of expression she can still 'see' in her own way.

I think Onyx is something of a direct opposite to Simeon. Trapped in time, Onyx is someone who highly values 'time' and what people do with it. He can't stand for people to take time for granted and he's obsessed with assisting in the progress of Sium and leaving his mark on the world. He's already known for being a skilled engineer and he believes that so long as you work at something, you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

In a way, he's already had a lasting effect on the world due to the fact he played a hand in the creation of airships - something that could naturally be argued as revolutionary. And, naturally, this all seems to be something Simeon wouldn't like. I could see him arguing with Onyx or just maybe having interactions with him that aren't all that 'friendly'. Onyx wouldn't be able to stand Simeon's slothful nature and I don't think Simeon would be able to understand Onyx's need to make the most of everything and to 'not waste his time'.

(Links to profiles in the headers)
@Nauta
Hund
“whatever”
Hund
Apr 11 2018, 09:06 AM
Staff
Earl
25 posts
currently Offline
played by

LYCAON has reason to interact with both of them; Simeon is a sin and she works underneath Greed, which gives her some motivation to at least keep up some kind of awareness of him.

Nivio, however, she has a more active interest in. Lycaon has a strong appreciation for music and given her status she can't really be dragged to hell by the music because she is from there. I mean maybe she CAN but who knows. We can work it out. Lycaon operates in the mortal realm to some extent and has some funds under her belt and she has probably definitely sent him some money. She attends his performances when she can which is like. All of the time.

@Nauta
Nauta
“”
Nauta
Apr 13 2018, 11:53 AM
OOC Account
Baron
4 posts
currently Online
played by Nauta

@Jageroux
I'd love to set up a thread between our characters, especially for Nevio (since I don't have anything for him yet). It seems you've already a sort of idea on how a Nevio/Gael thread would go down, so all that would be left to do is arrange specifics. I'd be fine with muggers, NPC or otherwise, though the former would possess a lesser likelihood of development being halted.

Someone who stands directly opposite to Simeon would be incredibly fun, too. Given that he is more likely to influence events in favor of Poena Damni behind the scenes, he might target the industry of transportation. However, I'd also be down with a more casual thread that would start such animosity with a simmer rather than an immediate boil.
Nauta
“”
Nauta
Apr 13 2018, 11:57 AM
OOC Account
Baron
4 posts
currently Online
played by Nauta

@Hund

Nevio would definitely appreciate an occasional benefactor, anonymous or not. Of course, this could also end up being fuel to the mounting stress that comes with the rumors and the cost he spends for each demonstration of his music. Perhaps, he'd try to find this person out of curiosity in order to personally thank them, not really expecting her to be a demon. I'd also wonder if, on account of his contract, he'd even recognize her power and identify as such.

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCTHE STELLARA REGIONReluctant Heroes
TO BITTER ENDINGS
Save MeDBUPrisoners of Fatekalopsia - a pmd rp
AGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendantNox
Hiraeth a Panfandom RP
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.