megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Add Reply
New Poll

These Parties !!, Tazira's Plotter
Tazira
“Hunger Games Champion”
And, into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul
Tazira
Feb 11 2018, 04:01 PM
OOC Account
Baron
5 posts
currently Offline
played by Tazira

TAZIRA’S
MULTIPLOTTER
BLACKMAIL
THE UNIVERSE
RIATHA
CROWN
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
Crush them like insects - a pretty sight to behold.
Beyond Riatha’s long term partner, Six, Riatha is not one for making true friends. However, she does recognize the importance of being at least moderately likeable, and naturally utilizes a charming, honey trap of a mask that draws people in. She has a powerful but seductive aura that reeks of mystery, so it’s not surprising that people tend to want to be her friend and will continue to do so even after they find out her real nature–by then, the mirage has taken hold, and it is all too easy to exploit a person’s unwillingness to change their initial impression of someone. Riatha certainly takes advantage of that familiar “hard-to-get” game, regardless of any associated romanticism (and lack thereof). Truthfully, she would only call someone a “friend” who has the wherewithal to know her at her deepest complexities, while simultaneously not surpassing her own manipulative abilities–someone at her level or at least close, and who certainly is not above.
Riatha is the type to have many enemies, except that she’s the only one who knows it. She tends to keep her enemies close and meets people she harbors a hatred for with a sickeningly sweet smile that could make a crow blush. She has a way of feigning submissiveness, the image of a strong woman who is only strong in ways that make her attractive–taking care of business while not challenging decisions, slowly gaining their confidence and trust before usurping them. Those victimized by Riatha almost always know their offender, but she is far too intelligent to create any real evidence of her own involvement. Of course, such things are only true for enemies she finds worthy, she is much more willing to crush less worthy insects with her bare hands. Either way, the list of Riatha’s enemies is indisputably long, whether with her particular brand of secrecy or because their punishment has already been ordered down Riatha’s covert chain of command and they don’t appreciate having been screwed into the ground.
A bit of a nymphomaniac, Riatha will sleep with just about anything that moves so long as it’s moderately attractive. Sex for her is both a tool and a means for pleasure, since she makes a wealthy living exploiting men and women all throughout Sium for personal gain. It is almost completely impossible to embarrass her, so she tends to be very open about her sexual relations, and blatantly seduces people with no qualms about how it makes her look. If she’s talking to you, she’s probably hitting on you, testing exactly how much it would take to pull you into her fold. Despite this, she is generally unbothered by rejection, since she has an ability she could hypothetically use to make a person’s will irrelevant anyways. As far as romantics, it’s unlikely that Riatha has the emotional capacity to form a relationship with anyone, although she is currently not above playing a person’s beloved for as long as it benefits her–and with the long-term goal of grinding them into dust, probably.
Despite having a way of screwing people over, Riatha is a great business partner. This is in part due to her willingness to take care of the dirtier aspects of things, but also in the way she takes close partners into her envelope of flourishing ego. Those she forms professional interdependency with are expected to be more than just proficient in their chosen occupation, and in exchange for her willingness to get down and dirty there must be a great level of trust that keeps her privy to all sorts of details–she’ll blackmail and kill for you, but only if she’s an integral part in those decisions. An oddity, however, is the harsh, seemingly mothering instinct she has for her employees that she simultaneously exploits for her own benefit. Perhaps an ode to her bestial nature that dictates are harsh form of teaching (kicking the birds out of the nest whether they’re ready or not), Riatha is known to feign compassion for them, stroking their hair after a difficult task even though she was the one who assigned it–and they better complete it with efficiency. Truthfully, this has much more to do with the fact that happy employees mean a happy business, and she is known to pay exceedingly well for their services.
AMARYLLIS
ORION
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
For although she may be little, she is fierce.
Amaryllis can be a difficult person to get along with, but not for any sinister or ill-meaning reasons. She is a bit of a spitfire with a need for attention that she shamelessly calls to herself with her (mainly) harmless pranks and tricks. She is very easily bored, which drives her out into the city and wildlands in search of adventure and material to stock her small bookstore in Ravanar. With her myriad of abilities, pack-like attitude and need for little sleep, Amaryllis is a great traveling companion. Because of her small stature, her brash and bluntly honest attitude tends to be taken more lightly than she means them. She can be a good bit detailed-oriented, and her care to know things can be misconstrued as a need to control people. Truthfully, Amaryllis is a well of empathy for her friends that is sometimes undermined by her sometimes offensive honesty, and the type to come to your aid even when it was your stupidity that landed you there (a fact that she will make sure you are well aware of as she drags you out of the drunken trenches of the city streets). Of course, while great for a journey elsewhere, anyone she associates with will eventually need to understand the ramifications of her post-traumatic stress disorder, which can render her useless in any situation involving loud and bloody conflict. Still, Amaryllis is actually quite courageous, and is not above blasting someone with a torrent of water just to make a point.
If Amaryllis dislikes you, you’ll know. With a natural distaste for Crux members (who she ultimately blames for the death of her mother), she reflexively meets the objects of her prejudice with words dripping with sarcasm and dislike. Since she is rarely perceived as any type of physical threat, most of Amaryllis enemies are enemies by word–or just superficial victims of one of her tantrums. When not afforded the attention she believes she deserves (a symptom of her slight Napoleon Complex), Amaryllis has done so much as to throw objects at people and generally just cause a big scene that may or may not be warranted. She is one to hold a grudge, and exceedingly hard to win over once she has a negative opinion of you, which poses as the problem that keeps her social circle small since she has a way of forming very solid opinions within moments of your first encounter. Other objects of her distaste will, predictably, include anyone who wrongs someone that belongs to her little proverbial pack.
Romance is not a word that sit comfortably in Amaryllis’ vocabulary. As a proud person with a sometimes debilitating mental illness, she finds it extremely difficult to be truly vulnerable with others in both body and mind. She would be a horrible one-night stand, since she has a way of forming emotional connotations with people quickly, and emotional unattainable to someone who isn’t ridiculously patient and insistent on getting to know her that way. These lines from her profile says it best: “…those trying to get to know her more intimately may be frustrated to find a very secure, guarded, weaponized wall in their way that deflects their advances with self-deprecating jokes or ill-aimed insults. Amaryllis sabotages romantic relationships, reasons stemming from deep-rooted insecurities that drive her towards a series of self-fulfilling, destructive prophecies”. Truthfully, anyone willing to take that challenge on is either really in love, or has something wrong with them themselves.
Amaryllis is a researcher who enjoys reading in almost all of her spare time, and can do so at unprecedented speeds while being able to remember word-for-word all that she has read. This can make her an invaluable resource to anyone trying to learn more information on any subject, and a great person to consult if you’re looking for the answers to a question that you can find in a book. Furthermore, while officially unaffiliated, Amaryllis favors the freedom-fighting Apocrypha faction, merely because this seems to be the most natural dichotomy when it comes to a deep-seeded hatred of the Crux–especially for someone who has a love for freedom that she feels she is constantly denied by her inability to stand up for herself in ways she finds meaningful.
FIRST
LASTNAME
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
Betrayal. I peel away the days. Medals are useless. Uncle Sam's forgotten me. I'm not important – no one will ever come, I'll never be found!
“This is breaking news: It appears that Air Force One was shot down somewhere over the Middle East this morning by a sleeper cell of rogue terrorists, firing a Stinger Missile. The pilot and all passengers are unaccounted for. The President's whereabouts are presently unknown, and he is presumed missing. The Vice President, Secretary of State, and principals of the military are assembling our nation stands at Defcon 3.”

The greatest crisis. Will someone come for me? I “red, white, and blew it”. Unleashed my revenge, my body is detained. How could anybody do this? Betrayal. I peel away the days. Medals are useless. Uncle Sam's forgotten me. I'm not important – no one will ever come, I'll never be found. God, get me out of this hell! Nuclear battlefields energized. Cold wars are heating up again! The tension's mounting. People, lift up your fists in revenge. The stage is set. Who will be the first to blink? We can't go to war. Remember “that Vietnam thing”? Peace at any price with a gun to your head – bang, bang! Weakness runs in your family, but runs in mine is death. This is your five minute warning. Burn all your classified documents, and if cooler heads don't prevail, first strike from a political dead man.

“Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive. He understands only one language: Action! And he respects only one word: Force! No sign of them stopping, no time for back channel communiques. We need all the help we can get. Air strikes! An invasion! Retaliate, I say!”

“The will of good men cannot counter the terrible strain of war.”

Blackmail the universe with the greatest of calamities. Awaken those sleeping giants in the dust of the ground. With their skin destroyed, unjust to innocence. Lawful possessor of the world's last twenty-four hours. Terror and ugliness reveal what death really means, and in hatred, you see men as they really are. If chosen over heaven, Earth will have been for them all along, only another region of hell.
“This is breaking news: It appears that Air Force One was shot down somewhere over the Middle East this morning by a sleeper cell of rogue terrorists, firing a Stinger Missile. The pilot and all passengers are unaccounted for. The President's whereabouts are presently unknown, and he is presumed missing. The Vice President, Secretary of State, and principals of the military are assembling our nation stands at Defcon 3.”

The greatest crisis. Will someone come for me? I “red, white, and blew it”. Unleashed my revenge, my body is detained. How could anybody do this? Betrayal. I peel away the days. Medals are useless. Uncle Sam's forgotten me. I'm not important – no one will ever come, I'll never be found. God, get me out of this hell! Nuclear battlefields energized. Cold wars are heating up again! The tension's mounting. People, lift up your fists in revenge. The stage is set. Who will be the first to blink? We can't go to war. Remember “that Vietnam thing”? Peace at any price with a gun to your head – bang, bang! Weakness runs in your family, but runs in mine is death. This is your five minute warning. Burn all your classified documents, and if cooler heads don't prevail, first strike from a political dead man.

“Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive. He understands only one language: Action! And he respects only one word: Force! No sign of them stopping, no time for back channel communiques. We need all the help we can get. Air strikes! An invasion! Retaliate, I say!”

Blackmail the universe with the greatest of calamities. Awaken those sleeping giants in the dust of the ground. With their skin destroyed, unjust to innocence. Lawful possessor of the world's last twenty-four hours. Terror and ugliness reveal what death really means, and in hatred, you see men as they really are. If chosen over heaven, Earth will have been for them all along, only another region of hell.

FIRST
LASTNAME
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
The stage is set. Who will be the first to blink? We can't go to war. Remember “that Vietnam thing”? Peace at any price with a gun to your head.

FIRST
LASTNAME
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
This is your five minute warning. Burn all your classified documents, and if cooler heads don't prevail, first strike from a political dead man.

FIRST
LASTNAME
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
Blackmail the universe with the greatest of calamities. Awaken those sleeping giants in the dust of the ground With their skin desTROYED.

FIRST
LASTNAME
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
unjustice to innocence. Lawful possessor of the world's last twenty-four hours. Terror and ugliness reveal what death really means.

FIRST
LASTNAME
APPLICATION
ONE
TWO
and in hatred, you see men as they really are. If chosen over heaven, Earth will have been for them all along: only another region of hell.

+ PHARAOH LEAP
+ PHARAOH LEAP
Tazira
“Hunger Games Champion”
Tazira
Feb 11 2018, 04:02 PM
OOC Account
Baron
5 posts
currently Offline
played by Tazira

Reserved
kyoka
“Trash Can Goddess”
༼∩ o‿o ༽⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚
kyoka
Feb 12 2018, 12:58 AM
OOC Account
Duke
Goddess
93 posts
currently Offline
played by Kyoka

hi im here to plot i hope im the first one

Iris and Riatha: So since they're both branch sins, they should probably get together to have a good time. This goes without saying. They don't have to be close in particular, but maybe they can have a thread where they could argue about how to destroy humanity and stuff? It'd be interesting.

Sylvia and Amaryllis: Sylvia is learning to read since they've had a lack of teaching during the years they've grown up. Perhaps the two could have a thread where Sylvia visit's Amaryllis's bookstore to learn to read but has trouble and like, idk, maybe Amaryllis can help them. Just pure wholesome things here.

Here's what I got so far. Feel free to hit up my plotter if you find other characters there that could work! @Tazira
Tazira
“Hunger Games Champion”
Tazira
Feb 12 2018, 10:12 PM
OOC Account
Baron
5 posts
currently Offline
played by Tazira

Riatha & Iris - to be fair, Riatha doesn't want to destroy humanity per se - she needs it to fuel her business. But perhaps that's not a bad place to start. I think that it would be an interesting (probably good bit comical) thread, since Riatha can act a bit snobbish and closed-off - she definitely wouldn't be giving Iris the attention she probably wants, since an integral part of her personality is remaining mysterious and in a lot of ways 'unattainable'. It may be enough to make Iris pretty peeved.

Sylvia & Amaryllis - Amaryllis would be more than willing to help, and given Sylvia's sweet personality I could certainly see Amaryllis trying to pull her into her fold of friends! Amaryllis has a huge "mom" streak! @kyoka
kyoka
“Trash Can Goddess”
༼∩ o‿o ༽⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚
kyoka
Feb 15 2018, 10:43 PM
OOC Account
Duke
Goddess
93 posts
currently Offline
played by Kyoka

Iris is pretty annoying and hard to get rid of honestly, so she'll either grow on you or you end up wanting to just...kick her in the face. it's great.

I also love the sylvia/amaryllis thread! Sylvia would def enjoy being mom'd around,
so let me know if u wanna start the thread or not!

@Tazira

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RP
The Duality of Man: an animanga role-play photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BC
THE STELLARA REGIONReluctant HeroesTO BITTER ENDINGS
Save MeMysste Region
DBUPrisoners of Fate kalopsia - a pmd rpAGE OF KINGS
Top RP SitesAscendant
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.