|Help Search Members Calendar Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
A once pristine greatsword that's been stained with blood. Having been used for over 800 years (it belonged to Lucien's father), its wear is quite obvious. The handle and guard are wrapped in bandages, and the blade is somewhat dull with blood stains covering half of the blade down to the tip. There are several knicks in the blade, making part of it come off as crude and jagged, though it still cuts just as well as it did when it was first forged.
Lucien's corrupted right hand is somewhat sentient, in the way that it endlessly hungers. For the longest time it had a lust for blood and souls, though now it longs for Sillage. Because of this, Lucien has to constantly keep the hunger of his right arm sated by consuming the Sillage of others unless it rebels against him and causes him pain. The plus side to this is that his right arm makes it very easy for him to keep it sated.
Apophis is also the cause of Lucien's apparent immortality. So long as he continues to provide Apophis with Sillage and sate its hunger, he won't age. And because he typically has tons of Sillage stored in he can expend it to heal himself quickly during battle, though he'll naturally have to consume more Sillage later down the line to make up for what was expended.
And because of Apophis' nature as an entity of consumption, Lucien has a mild immunity to things of a magical nature. While undetectable, Lucien has a 'barrier' that conforms to his body that radiates from Apophis. This lessens the effect and strength of any magical attack or aura used against him. It's not so much as it's 'pure' immunity, but more so a high resistance due to the fact Apophis naturally consumes any magic that's utilized against him. Though, those who are exceptionally strong and skilled in terms of Sillage usage can still hurt him, as they can dish out attacks/damage faster than Apophis can consume it.
And by consuming magic in this manner, he can use Apophis to imbue Galatine with power, allowing him to fire off devastating arcs of raw, destructive Sillage. In a lot of ways, Apophis could cause Lucien to be classified as something of an 'Anti-Mage' due to his resistant to Sillage, though he lacks any innate magical abilities himself.
Perhaps due to Apophis, Lucien's physical capabilities far exceed that of a human. He is stronger, faster and more durable than even some angels and demons, and this can increase with the consumption of Sillage.
A prodigy from birth, Lucien has only gotten better with time. There isn't a weapon he hasn't learned to use over the 800 years he's been alive, and his proficiency with them speaks to how he's constantly trained. He's capable of calmly tackling any obstacle to the point he has no issue with fighting several people at once. He may even argue he prefers to fight while outnumbered as it tends to increase how long fights last, though that could be chalked up to his typical bravado. Needless to say, Lucien lives up to his title as 'one of the greatest warriors to ever live'.
Arrogant | Selfish | Narcissistic | Vain | Loyal (to himself) | Entitled | Egotistical | Aggressive | Condescending | Vindictive | Merciless | Caustic
- Likes fighting people. He grew up to be a knight and he's spent the last centuries being a sword-for-hire. And a warlord. And a vigilante. Anything that let him fight and kill people and monsters, essentially. Typically he feels most alive when his life is on the line and there's bloodshed.
- He really only cares about himself and his own interests. That's why he's in the Black Sun Cabal, after all. He has no love for the Cult's God or goals; He's just there because of Nimuey.
- Oddly enough, his years as a knight has left him predisposed to being an efficient member of the Black Sun Cabal even if he's not really into it. When he's given orders, he'll typically follow them with a ruthless efficiency. He doesn't care who gets in his way - men, women, children or eldery. He'll kill anyone that gets in his way.
- Laughs a lot. Not necessarily out of happiness or joy, but rather because it's extremely condescending and really drives home how little he thinks of people. Laughing at people is one of his favorite things to do because he knows it typically riles people up.
- Has a fondness for girls with daddy issues.
- The first Lancelot
- Younger brother to the first King of Ishgar
- Was a rebellious youth who typically did whatever he wanted to do
- Was considered a prodigy as a youth and one of the most naturally gifted swordsmen of his time
- Despite his rebelliousness, he was loyal to his brother and would fight tooth and nail alongside him
- While his brother became king, Lucien inevitably found people to fight for his brother. He traveled far and wide to gather people of notable ability. He even came across Nimue, though they didn't really hit it off. In all honesty, he probably just wanted to fuck her because "i've never stuck my dick in a water sprite before". Well, that and so he could make jokes about 'giving her a sword'. Because, y'know, she gave his brother a sword. Needless to say, things weren't great between them.
- Around the same time his brother died, Lucien was cursed
- While his brother was a beloved king, Lucien was on a lot of people's shitlist
- Because he was the best, he was quite arrogant and cocky. he wasn't afraid of anything and he'd casually flaunt his skills to stroke his own ego.
- There was a woman who was under the protection of angel and the angel fell in love with her. the woman held a fondness for Lucien, and he was very much aware of the angel's feelings towards the woman.
- so Lucien didn't hesitate to fuck her. she was hot and easy on the eyes, but he didn't have any real feelings for her. he just wanted to be able to say he cucked an angel.
- after that, everything went to shit. the woman was in love with him, the angel was angry and Lucien was... Lucien. Eventually, so consumed by envy and hatred, the Angel 'fell' and became a demon. what followed was the angel-turned-demon kidnapping the woman and Lucien going after them.
- the end result was the woman dead (it was a real shame because Lucien had wanted to fuck her AT LEAST one more time), the demon dead and Lucien cursed.
- With a somewhat sentient right arm, not much changed for Lucien. It didn't 'teach him a lesson' or make him reconsider his ways - if anything, he felt as though the curse was a blessing in disguise. It had made him stronger, and the only thing he had to do was kill people to keep it docile.
- And he had no issue with killing people. To be honest, when he got the news that his brother had died, a lot of people wound up dying at his hand.
- For a long while, he kept the title of Lancelot and raised his brother's heir. Eventually, however, he left the kingdom after ensuring the new king had skilled knights to defend him.
- What happened over the next few centuries are things he doesn't really talk about it. But, if someone was to look through ancient reports held in the libraries of Riparias, you'd find mention of a white-haired man with an unusual arm wreaking havoc through Sium. Lucien has been known as a hero, warlord, villain, savior and destroyer - sometimes using different monikers, though always identifiable to anyone who's been alive as long as him.
- He remained a loner and continued to do his own thing. Working as something akin to a mercenary for the longest time, his only real purpose for living was keeping his arm sated and to indulge himself. To be quite honest, killing people and fucking attractive women was really all he needed to enjoy life.
- His life saw a slight upheaval, however, when Nimue resurfaced. Being contracted by a few low-ranking Hallowed who had been tasked with hunting down an Anathema, and who were unaware of his history, Lucien had no issue with going along with them. It wouldn't be the first time he had assisted in hunting down an Anathema.
- However, when he spotted Nimue he waited until the Hallowed were dead until engaging her himself. Over the course of the fight, Lucien realized that Nimue wasn't the kindly water sprite he once knew. No, she had become 'his type of woman' and this merely relighted his desire to fuck her.
- In all honesty, it was possible he had even developed a legitimate attraction for her. But with Lucien, you could never be sure. Eventually, however, they came to a mutual... Understanding? It was hard to explain it exactly, but once more they were allies, though for Lucien it meant officially aligning himself with the Black Sun Cabal.
- And he did it gladly. He even puked out some spiel about wanting to serve the Black God to the best of his ability - that was a lie though. He didn't give a fuck about the Black Sun Cabal, the Black God, the Horsemen or any of the shit they were trying to do. He was only there for Nimue.
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.