megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Add Reply
New Poll

What Is the Truth?, @MARTY SCURLL | MAMBA
Nanette Sanguine
“Little Princess”
Nanette Sanguine
Jun 7 2018, 02:30 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
26 posts
currently Offline
played by trang

The months after meeting Martin were surely blissful…still, there was always something to put a damper on her mood. The lingering memory and knowledge of Soren Kincaid, to be exact. She had chased him down. She had found him…and he, unsurprisingly, had beaten her to a pulp. Nanette didn't remember staggering out into the streets. All she remembered was that every breath, every movement, was agony. Then she woke up, and she was home in Caersewiella with her family fretting all around her. All of them had been in tears, their words watery and weepy. They had thought she'd never wake up again. Nanette had been drowned in tears and kisses. They stayed home for as long as time could afford them. In the end, though, duty called. Mother and father had business, Cardinal had to work on projects, and Marie, as the heiress, had many noble meetings and "kiss-up sessions" to tend to.

For the most part, Nanette was alone in the manor.

She wrote to Martin, of course. The truth was heavily sugared and sweetened. She said she had taken injuries during a mission and was recuperating - half a truth. His own letters in return were worried, his scrawl untidy. Then the letters had stopped, and Nanette was uneasy. Surely, he would not be visiting…would he? She was not a child or a baby that needed to be coddled. It was sweet to think about - her rogue arriving with flowers and kissing her cheek - yet it made her impatient and annoyed as well. It was true, she could not move easily, but she was not some chick found on the front lawn.

Dappled morning light poured through the great magnolia tree outside her window, casting patterns on the floor. Nanette was restless. There was much to do for the Crux, and here she was wallowing in bed like some invalid. The book in her hands was heavy, one of her favorite novels, but she gazed at the words completely unseeing until they shimmered senselessly. Sighing, she closed the tome and set it aside. The pillows were fluffed, servants were at her beck and call, and Nanette was bored.

There was a tap on her window. Nanette turned, puzzled and achy…and there he was. Her rogue - Martin.

"What are you doing here?" Nanette gasped.

Every minute motion still sent a lance of pain through her. Yet she rose ponderously from her bed and hobbled to the window, undoing the latches and letting him in. She drew him into her arms as he clambered down from the magnolia tree to kiss him. Her legs were trembling from use, and her head was pounding. Still, she was glad (and a little annoyed) to see him.

"I look a mess," she sighed, "I hate for you to see me like this, my love."
Marty Scurll
“Oooo Kingslayer”
Marty Scurll
Jun 8 2018, 12:24 AM
Apocrypha
Rebel
Human
72 posts
currently Offline
played by Mamba

The ice Marty trod on so casually was thin. He was in between two enemy factions, struggling with who he was vs who he pretended to be. Martin Squirell had been taking on a life of his own ever since he met Nettie and a few others. Tack on Amon's expulsion from his physical form and it seemed a new, unbound magical persona began to form for the male. With his seal gone life had taken a dramatic change for Scurll. He became more concerned for his abilities, thus whilst he was away from his beloved noblewoman he decided to take on the journey of removing his magic and seeking out new abilities that could help him help others while somewhat trying to remove the sins of his past. When he was done it would be like Liam's death never happened, he never went mad and he never made a contract with a demon. Life would change for the better. It was naive to think such a thing but, what was the point of living with so little control?

For now, he wouldn't know as something much more important came up than his desires to change: Nanette had sent a letter to his temporary residence in Plona explaining that she was hurt and that was more than enough for him to put his travels on a halt to see her once again. At first, he did not want to believe that miss perfection had been wounded in a mission, but when she stopped writing for a time he had found himself growing even more worried. With his worry came hastily scrawled letters seeing how she was doing, asking what he could do, what she needed and all but soon the letters simply stopped coming and Marty's heart grew more strained. In short, when she stopped writing he sought out to find her residence to check on her himself.

And check on her he did. Marty had arrived near the manor at midday, having camped out outside of the Crux ran town. In truth, he was cutting it close just to see a woman he had spent a single night with, while it was amazing and he'd never forget it, but this was... Well fucked. He was in Crux territory, his head already being sought after by damn near everyone in the organization and to make matters worst he had to walk on egg shells to not get noticed and even went as far as to make himself look presentable to not match any wanted posters. This was a stupid, very stupid thing to do, but alas the heart wants what the heart wants and his heart wanted another go at her heart.

Sneaking up to the gate Marty played things cool, hands in his pockets, whistling and scaling a brick fence into a garden. It seemed like the backyard, from there he crawled on his belly to the main house trying his best not attract any attention. But, then one vital thing came to mind... He had no clue which room was hers. "Shit," he swore to himself and looked at all of the windows he could from his position in a dense shrub. There was but one window with no curtains over it, that had to be his best bet in if this was anything else besides his bae man he was going to be nettled.

It seemed the room was on the second floor lucky him. There was a rather tall tree he could try to scale, but it was going to be quite a show. Pacing to the tree he looked up at it and back at the window, then back to the tree. He'd wrap his arms around the tree and shimmied up, it took a while and his lack of stamina made him take breaks often but after a while he finally made it.

Now for the spoils of victory~ He looked into the room to see Nettie resting up, it seemed her condition was worse than he imagined. Taking some time he caught his breath, calmed down, and tried his best to look like he had climbed the tree with little trouble. Hey, a guy's gotta impress his lady.

Scooting out from a long reaching branch he tapped the window twice getting her attention, though he'd come to regret this as he saw her limp to the window. She was hurt bad and his heart could barely take the sight. Wen she opened the window and they shared a kiss, he'd say nothing besides gently picking her up and carrying her back to bed as he would only stare at her as he put her down.

"Don't worry about that, you look as beautiful as always." he swallowed, "B-but Nettie what happened? Why did you stop writing? I was worried sick. Are you okay? What is hurt? What hurts? What can I do for you? please tell me, I didn't come all the way out here just to kiss when I heard you were hurt I felt like a part of me was hurting too and I needed to know you were alright.. Ugh listen to me rambling like an old hen. "
Nanette Sanguine
“Little Princess”
Nanette Sanguine
Jul 21 2018, 11:26 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
26 posts
currently Offline
played by trang

i'm not who i was in the spring

Just a mission,” Nanette said, her voice low and soothing, “I was ill prepared for it. I didn’t want to worry you, Martin. Though it seems I have despite my best intentions. Darling, please, I’m fine.

His coddling was sweet, and Nanette let him fuss over her. She was not some sweet little kitten found in the rain, but she knew he meant well. Their time together was brief, at best, but there was just something about Martin…she felt as if she could trust him intrinsically. He was goofy and kind, with a just heart that wanted a brighter future. Irresistible was a word for him. Once Martin set her down, she opened her arms expectantly. If he followed her lead and laid down with her, she drew him as close as she could, pressing a kiss against his hair. If he refused, Nanette dragged him down regardless and gave him a little peck on the nose. It was good to have him in her arms again. For all Nanette’s misgivings about being coddled, it was…nice to be wanted. Comforting to know that he cared so much he would climb the magnolia tree to arrive at her balcony.

Nothing happened,” Nanette almost winced at the sheer awfulness of her lie, “Well…As I said...there was a mission…

Which was also a lie, but a slightly better one, at least.

I overestimated the enemy, that’s all,” Nanette said, shrugging. The movement drew an actual wince from her, and she skinned a hiss between her teeth, “Goodness – Martin, it’s really nothing.

If nothing meant a twisted ankle, strained and torn muscles, and what have you. She had been abed for weeks, limping from room to room but never straying from the manor’s foundation. It was near enough to drive her mad. She was restless, squirming and annoyed with being treated like a fledgling chick found on the grass. It was good to see Martin, at least. He smelled of wind and the magnolias from outside her window. His hair was ruffled from the wind and his climb. He looked the image of freedom. Nanette ran her fingers through his hair gently, lovingly, and sighed.

I can only do so much to expedite the healing. My tutor said sillage isn’t enough. That I have to recover naturally,” Nanette huffed, and she was pouting. “I don’t have time to laze about like this. There’s so much to be done…

Like trying to find – and kill! – Soren Kincaid. Again. With better results this time, hopefully.
Marty Scurll
“Oooo Kingslayer”
Marty Scurll
Jul 21 2018, 11:47 PM
Apocrypha
Rebel
Human
72 posts
currently Offline
played by Mamba

The way she shrugged off her injuries were admirable, but Martin was still worried about her well being. She could have told him she was able to do ballet with a book atop her head and not miss a beat and he would still be worried about her. Just seeing her limp like that... It struck guilt into his heart, guilt of him not being there to protect her, not being the man she thought he was.

Nettie was the most important person in his life, no amount of whores, liquor, or loyalties would change that. Apo was where he sworn himself, but dammit he couldn’t take all of this lying anymore. He knew damn well that one of his people probably did this to her, that they were the ones responsible for pulling this shit and Martin has had enough. He’s seen his fellow members get slaughtered, it didn’t phase him, he had nearly been arrested damn near four times and he still pledged his loyalty, but this Crux vs rebels shit was getting old and now that the person he loved had been hurt it was clear he needed to come clean.

“You know what my love?” he questioned her as he let her go, his expression had lost its gleam, his body relaxed and his eyes gleamed with sorrow as he forced himself to smile at the blonde, “I have something I need to tell you. Two things even.” to think something like this would come so fast, weeks of letters, lying and trying to do save his hide was about to go out of the window.

The cool expression he tried to wear melted every time he looked at her, he couldn’t look in her eyes, each glance sunk to the ground. “I love you.” he spoke, he had to be truthful with the woman he loved and that was a cushioning blow to himself before he said his full peace.

“I do love you, I’ve loved you ever since we met, all of the meetings, the letters, everything we’ve done together are memories that will be with me no matter what and I want to make many more.” his words, while together had tinges of guilt in them if the injured woman choose to catch it. He got on both of his knees and looked at her feet.

“I know we’ve only known each other a short while a few months at best but... But Nanette when I say i love you I mean it and I want to... Well...” reaching into his back pocket he searched for something for just a short moment before finally looking up at her, he’d place a small back box between them. It had cost quite a bit of pay, but he hoped she’d like it.

“Before you open that, I want to tell you the truth. Nanette Sanguine, my love, my rock, my flame, my heart... You mean more to me than anyone ever has in this world, from my parents to my brother and that gift to you is the strongest possible indicator of that, but if we’re going to be together its time I did this.” he took a deep breath and cupped his hands in his lap.

“I am Marty Scurll, the man you looked to kill in Plona, fugitive that killed his brother and ran away from punishment... And I put myself at your mercy, but before you do kill me I asks that you pick up that box and tell me what you feel when you look inside.”

He waited for the blade to cut him open
Nanette Sanguine
“Little Princess”
Nanette Sanguine
Jul 22 2018, 12:03 AM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
26 posts
currently Offline
played by trang

She had heard of true love before. Every child in this world had. True love existed, and she knew it. Because it was laying right beside her. For a time, Nanette thought that Ezekiel had been the one. That had curled up in smoke. Then Martin had come into her life, and the world had simply…changed. Tilted on its axis, and he was the fixed point. Their time together was brief. A few months, really…but Nanette knew what she felt. She loved him. He was sweet and humorous. He was childish and reactive. He was not perfect, no…but he was a good man. Hers. Her parents had fallen in love at first sight as children. Why couldn’t that sort of dreamy love exist for their youngest daughter? Nanette’s expression was curious…and then shocked as Martin crawled off of the bed to get down on his knees.

Oh.

Oh.

I love you too,” Nanette said softly, “Martin…darling…Are you…?

He was. The little velvet box spoke more than words ever could. Words were wind, but this…this was forever. A promise. Her heart was beating too fast, her breath coming in too short, and her blood was pounding in her ears. Nanette felt her face flush. She was smiling, yes, but it was a bemused smile. Martin kept speaking, and he looked so…guilty…What had he done? Did he steal this ring? Then the words came. Those simple words. The admission. And then Nanette knew where the guilt was stemming from. Her smile was fading. She stared at him, dumbstruck.

Her hands were shaking as she set the velvet box on her bedside table. Her entire body was trembling. Nanette didn’t know she was sliding, falling, until she was on the ground, grabbing Martin by the shoulders and squeezing hard.

Martin,” she said, and she could scarcely hear herself with her heart beating as loud as a drum, “Darling…you’re lying, yes? That’s just…a very bad joke? It can’t be…You can’t…

Yet the pieces were falling into place. He was so secretive, so vague, about his background. Rarely, did Martin venture towards heavily populated areas. As if he were avoiding authority…

There were tears in her eyes, then. Nanette’s nails dug into his shoulders, and she asked again, “You’re lying, aren’t you?

Marty Scurll
“Oooo Kingslayer”
Marty Scurll
Jul 22 2018, 12:36 AM
Apocrypha
Rebel
Human
72 posts
currently Offline
played by Mamba

He knew this would happen. At first he expected a blade at his throat but this... This was so much worst. he could see it in her eyes she was hurt, her heart was aching and there was none he could do but beg forgiveness. “Nettie, I wish I was lying, but I can’t lie anymore.” he tried his best to remain sobered despite her nails digging into his shoulders, the skin being punctured but the pain was not shown as he tried to muster up the words.

“When we first met I had to lie about who I was to cover my tracks, I didn’t want to die, I didn’t want to have to fight you. I couldn’t do it, I knew full well as a rebel it was my responsibility.. B-but I lied instead just to speak to you more.”
his voice was heavy, his stoicism was giving way to a flood of pain, his eyes were pleading as he slowly became infuriated with himself for letting this dragon on like this.

“Please believe me, I love you, I love you more than anything in the world!”
it was indeed true, it was was why he kept repeating it to her, why he kept telling himself he loved her and why he was doing this in the first place, “Seeing you like this, seeing you so hurt has made me realize that it’s about time I stop running and I take my medicine, I take the consequences and I try to rebuild this. Rebuild us.” he tried his best to calm the souring that had consumed their bliss.

He wanted to say more, but nothing else could come out. She was his, he wanted her to desperately believe him but... But he knew that she was still loyal to the cross and loyal to the people that wanted him captured. That was why he admitted though, maybe she could call someone to take him in so he can serve time and try to change for her. That could be a solution to all of this right? It had to work.

If only emotion was so simple, Martin’s time with his Nettie was gone. He had blown this like he had blown so many other relationships. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you!” he placed his hands on her shoulders now, just as she did his, his golden hues looked into her light ones, tears were beading in the corners of his eyes before they’d finally roam down his cheeks. All he wanted now was for her to accept him again, but the pain was still there and the lies were caked with the blood on his hands.
Nanette Sanguine
“Little Princess”
Nanette Sanguine
Jul 25 2018, 10:12 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
26 posts
currently Offline
played by trang

Martin Squirell was a good name. A proper name. The name of a lower noble, or even the bastard of House Squirell. Martin Squirell was a good man. A man she had fallen for at first sight – a man she had given her maidenhead to, her heart to. If they were apart, they wrote each other constantly. His handwriting was an untidy scrawl when compared to her looping script. If they were together, they made love, he laid his head on her lap when she read to him, and they dreamed of a greater tomorrow. Martin Squirell had stolen her heart as surely as a rogue stole treasures from the rich. Nanette loved him. She knew this. She felt it right down to the marrow of her bones. In Martin Squirell’s arms, Nanette was home.

Marty Scurll was a monster. A kinslayer and a deserter both. Nanette had sworn to cull him where he stood. His death would bring honor to the Crux, his blood would be a badge of pride to her family name.

Martin Squirell and Marty Scurll were one and the same. Liars, both of them. All of them. The one man – a liar.

Fool girl, you should have seen it. Nanette berated herself. Martin…no, Scurll was crying. How could she believe that? How could she believe those far tears rolling down his cheeks after all these lies? Nanette didn’t know she had drawn her dagger until she was pushing him onto the floor, straddling his waist and pointing the dangerous edge towards his throat. The gleaming steel pressed against the soft skin of Scurll’s neck. A little more pressure, a steady hand, and Nanette could slit his throat.

Do it.

Her hand was shaking.

Do it.

There were tears streaking down her freckled cheeks.

Kill him.

She could not.

…Get out,” Nanette breathed.

The dagger left his throat, and Nanette rose ponderously. A wave of vertigo washed over her, and she almost stumbled. She caught herself on the edge of her bedside table. Her chest was heaving, her legs were shaking. She couldn’t even look at Scurll right now. If she looked…her resolve would break like her heart. The tears wouldn’t stop, and the dagger clattered to the floor noisily. No matter how many times she wiped her eyes, the flow of tears would now stop. There was even a pathetic tremor in her voice as she spoke.

Leave,” Nanette said, firmer this time, “Before I kill you.
Marty Scurll
“Oooo Kingslayer”
Marty Scurll
Jul 25 2018, 11:33 PM
Apocrypha
Rebel
Human
72 posts
currently Offline
played by Mamba

The pain was all there, the truth was out and his lies joined them at the forefront of Nettie’s mind. This was it, he had said his piece, he let her know, and now he was either going to be killed, yelled at, or accepted. He prayed to high heaven for the latter of them all, for her to have taken him back even after this grim truth would have been a miracle in its own. All he needed to hear from her were the magic words, words that would make everything better, heal their relationship before either of them did something they’d regret: ‘I love you’

Those three little words were soft when they came from her, he often imagined her saying them to him everyday when he awoke on the road, though when his eyes opened to an empty bed side he was full of despair. Despair that held on to him, something that meant more to him than his own brother: Nanette. Surely she could have accepted his truth, they could recover from this and have their happy ever after! Maybe in a fool’s dream anyway.

Before he knew it he was pinned to the ground, the injured blonde straddling his waist, a dagger already at her throat the cold steel of the blade pressed just below his Adam’s apple. There were the consequences of the truth. It was only natural he’d pay for his crime. Though, given her current state he could have used his magic to get her off of him, if their relationship was dead he should have felt no remorse in knocking her back. But, he couldn’t do that. Even now when he looked into her face he saw his Nettie, his lover, his heart and pride. He could never hurt her, no matter what she did or the pain she caused she was a once in a life time woman and he couldn’t bring himself to do anything but love her.

The entire time she was above him he looked into her eyes, his tears still flowing, his heart racing, having already sunk into the pit of his stomach it was an odd sensation, one akin to fear. Desperately he wanted to speak to her, asks her for forgiveness, but as soon as his lips parted he paused, he couldn’t say a thing. His promise was broken... He deserved this, he deserved to die.

Much to his surprise the blade didn’t drag across his throat, she had tossed it aside and he sat up to look at her, speechless, confounded and afraid. Her back was to him, he reached up to give her a touch, but his hands didn’t deserve such a pleasure. She was giving him mercy, and he would heed what she said...

Getting up and going to the window he opened it again and stuck a leg out before looking back at her, “I... I’m sorry Nettie... I hope you’ll forgive me...” he was pushing his luck with such idiotic words, already having betrayed her trust, “When you look in that box, the next time we meet I hope you wear what’s inside because I’m going to be a better man by then and I’ll show you I love you.” with those words he didn’t expect an answer... So he left her with those thoughts before shifting onto a tree branch and climbing down.. He gave her window a last glance, “love at first sight...” and departed off her property.

What he had done was unforgivable, but he loved her the same. No matter how much time it took he would go back to her, though, if she took on another man... His life would have no meaning would it? He loved her, he wanted her, but he betrayed her. All he could hope was that his gift didn’t end up in the trash and touched her on some level.
Nanette Sanguine
“Little Princess”
Nanette Sanguine
Jul 29 2018, 01:40 AM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
26 posts
currently Offline
played by trang

Every woman liked diamonds. Nanette liked them well enough. Still, she preferred the elegance and ease of pearls and garnets. She had said as much to Martin…to Scurll in passing when they chanced upon a jeweler at work. She had asked about the gems glittering at her side, had admired the perfect little pearls and teardrop garnets. Then Martin – no, Scurll, she had to remember that – had said the garnets were a near match for her eyes. That had made her laugh. Nanette had remembered her own reply, teasing in return. The garnets were the same exact color as her eyes – there was simply no mistaking it. Then Scurll had touched her hair, thumbed her cheek, and said they paled in comparison to the beauty of her eyes. It had been the most embarrassing thing he’d ever said to her, but she remembered her heart skipping a beat anyway. She remembered her smile, the way she batted his chest lightly and laughed.

Scurll was gone, now. Her drapes fluttered in the breeze.

Nanette, suddenly drained, sat heavily on her bed. Everything was the same; everything was different. She should have seen it. She should have known. Nanette stared at the box in her hands without truly seeing it. Her vision blurred, and she realized she was crying again. She was moving mechanically – her fingers steady while her heart fluttered. The little velvet box creaked minutely when she opened it.

Oh.

Oh.

A swirling band of gold, simple and beautiful, with a garnet and a pearl. She was crying in earnest now, hiccupping and whimpering like some weak kitten. It fit perfectly on her finger. She wanted to sleep and never wake up. She wanted things to go back to how they were before. Nanette wanted to chase after Scurll and bury her face in his chest. She wanted to throw the ring away and forget every memory – every caress across her skin, ever kiss pressed against her freckles, his crooked smile, his voice. She wanted him dead. She wanted him with her forever.

She wanted, wanted, and wanted…Yet nothing ever came from just wanting, now did it?

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBSDETHRONED GODS:RE
STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
DBU
Top RP SitesAscendantNoxHiraeth a Panfandom RP
surreality Room 12 RAGNAROK
Program:Actuality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.