megalomania
original dark fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Feel it Coming, ft Damien Hyde
Kaoru Iwasaki
“Ice Sorcerer”
Can't we be at peace with each other?
Kaoru Iwasaki
Jul 4 2017, 09:24 PM
Freelance
traveler
Dragon
34 posts
currently Offline
played by Yuki

Kaoru never thought he would find the day as shitty as today. His darling neighbor had the gall to dare him to go to the infamous haunted house located at the edge of Seracier. He would have declined the dare if not for his pride. He sometimes cursed his draconic pride for making him do things no normal humans would do. He had transformed into his dragon form earlier and flew to the haunted house Ayashi had dared to go into.

Kaoru stared at the dilapidated house and could not help but shivered, feeling the cold seeping through his bones despite his affinity towards cold temperature. He could tell the cold he felt was unnatural and it was laced with agony and anger.

"Damn that Ayashi..." The ice dragon cursed under his breath. Kaoru could honestly say he was scared to even step into the house. He didn't know what to expect during the exploration. He could be meet a friendly ghost or perhaps he will get into trouble with poltergeist?

Whatever it is, he has to brave himself to enter the haunted house even when he knows his scale shivered in fright, knowing he would face the unknown.

Tag: @Dauwz
Notes: Hope this is okay for you! If there's anything I need to change, do tell.

star boy

house so empty, need a centerpiece twenty racks, a table cut from ebony cut that ivory into skinny pieces then she clean up with her face, man;
Damien Hyde
“Wraith”
All I saw was the devil's soul And it looked a hell of a lot like my own
Damien Hyde
Jul 5 2017, 08:24 PM
Black Sun Cabal
Sky Pirate
Altered Peak Human
124 posts
currently Offline
played by Dauwz

Feel it Coming
W
hy the fuck was it so cold? Last thing he remembered he was getting cozy with this one chick in his quarters on the Astral Magus, getting his drink on. Though admittedly he might've had a few too many already, even for him. Then he went to the bathroom. For some reason he decided for the public one and then... then everything was blank. Wait... public lavatory?

Goddamnit Rayan and those fucking floorboards he kept screwing with.

As Damien wiped some snow off of his face, he realized what had happened. He had no doubt broken through the lavatory's floor and ended up tumbling to the ground from way up in the sky. Where the fuck was he, anyway? It was cold as shit, snow everywhere the eyes could see. Was this... Seracier? Holy shit. Why the hell was he in Seracier?

No, you know what, scratch that. He didn't care. He needed some booze to wash this bullshit experience away. Ugh. Even the cigarettes in his coat's pockets were wet. Well that was just brilliant.

Groaning, Damien got to his feet, shielding his face from the unrelenting snowstorm he was smack dab in the middle of. Wonderful. Taking in the sights, he managed to make out a rundown shack of a house a small trek away from his current position, so he quickly made his way towards it.

As soon as he was there, Damien scanned the building up and down, clicking his tongue in the realization that there was definitely no one there. Sighing, Damien figured he might as well take shelter there until this fucking storm blew over. Or, well, at least until he was dry and warm. Then he could probably make his way back towards the Astral Magus which, he assumed, was a good distance away and still in the air. He surely didn't want to catch pneumonia or any similar shit.

Now, Damien was naturally a very quiet mover. So when he entered the house, it came as no surprise that the individual who, for some strange reason, was already there didn't notice his presence. Taking into account that this did look like a house you'd read about in a horror novel, Damien could only grin at the opportunity that presented itself for him.

Damien engaged the powers granted to him by his demonic contract, the whites of his eyes turning pitch black, giving him a rather ominous contrast between red and black, and crept up behind the other occupant of the house that honestly felt like it was about to crumble down on top of itself.

"Boo." The pirate breathed out from behind the guy, standing at a good foot taller than him, glaring at him with wide eyes.

This ought to be priceless.

└ Tags-- @Yuki
└ Notes-- If you're wondering about his eyes, think Tokyo Ghoul; it's literally that

Stranded pirates
and haunted houses
Made by Mizo.
Kaoru Iwasaki
“Ice Sorcerer”
Kaoru Iwasaki
Jul 9 2017, 09:51 PM
Freelance
traveler
Dragon
34 posts
currently Offline
played by Yuki

Kaoru was lamenting with his bad luck in fate when his ears pick up sounds of footsteps coming from behind him. He froze in terror and didn't dare to turn around fearing it will be the ghost who made those sounds. He held his breath and waited for the footsteps to pass. However, he didn't expect a voice came along with it. It was a simple fright but to Kaoru who had been in the house for quiet sometimes immediately felt his claws withdrawn from the panic.

The dragon turn around and screamed like a little girl when he saw the red irises circling the black eyes. "GHOST GHOST!" He swiped his claws towards the other male who had spook him to frightening level. Being a young ice dragon had it's downside, particularly when it comes to their power.

Any powerful emotion the dragon felt will be manifested into the elements the dragon wield and for the 'ghost', he have the misfortune of having Akashi's ice swiped from the claws being blasted towards him. Not to mention, the temperature of the house dropped even further, making the house feels colder than before. Heck one could preserve a corpse in the temperature alone.

Notes: Here you go! Do tell if I need to change anything!

star boy

house so empty, need a centerpiece twenty racks, a table cut from ebony cut that ivory into skinny pieces then she clean up with her face, man;
Damien Hyde
“Wraith”
Damien Hyde
Jul 10 2017, 03:16 AM
Black Sun Cabal
Sky Pirate
Altered Peak Human
124 posts
currently Offline
played by Dauwz

Feel it Coming
I
f there was a reaction that Damien was expecting, it clearly wasn't this. Being called a ghost was hilarious, not to mention that utterly feminine scream that would've had Damien cackling with a childish glee. Yet every notion of laughter quickly left the Sky Pirate on account of it getting colder. Much colder.

Damien was glad he was still in his powered-up state as the swipe from the Dragon's claw severed his body in half. Electricity sizzled all around the male as his form turned into pure black lightning before reforming, seemingly without a scratch on him. Gritting his teeth, Damien hugged his arms closer to his chest as a shiver ran down his spine.

"Yooooo, take a joke, will you? It's already cold enough in here, geez," Damien complained under his breath as he shifted back into his normal state, his eyes returning to their everyday color. Despite having attacked him, Damien didn't think the guy was particularly hostile towards him... unless he still thought Damien was a ghost. That would actually be pretty funny.

"Please tell me you can uncoldify this place because so help me if I have to set this damn house on fire to warm up - I will."

However, that notion also left his mind when he heard footsteps. Hollow footsteps, somehow carrying the feeling of being out of place. Ears perking up, Damien quickly whipped around over his shoulder, his crimson eyes narrowing at a certain corner of the room they were in, deeming that the sound was coming from there, "Huh... that's weird," he said when he realized that nothing was actually there.

Could it be that this house was actually haunted? Holy shit.

Turning back to the other male in the room, Damien gave him a half-smile, "I don't suppose you heard that too, did you?" He questioned, hoping that he did. Otherwise he was probably coming down with meningitis or something. That would majorly suck.

└ Tags-- @Yuki

Stranded pirates
and haunted houses
Made by Mizo.
Kaoru Iwasaki
“Ice Sorcerer”
Kaoru Iwasaki
Jul 14 2017, 01:49 AM
Freelance
traveler
Dragon
34 posts
currently Offline
played by Yuki

Kaoru snapped out of his firghtened haze and realize the so call 'ghost' is actually a human. Especially with the complain only a human could utter. The dragon retract his claws and sheepishly scratched his head, embarassed for his over reaction. Kaoru finally reign his power and the temperature slowly rise, sparing the other human of it's coldness. He was slightly horrified though when he had cut the human in half. Kaoru was sure he had killed the other male but it turns out his fears were unfounded.

The human reformed himself, without any cuts Kaoru had inflicted before. "I'm sorry!" He apologized profusely, "I thought you are a ghost. Please don't scare me like that!"

Kaoru could have sworn 20 years had cut from his life just from the scare. However, his sensitive ears picked up a hollowed dound coming from a certain corner of the room.

Thud.

Thud.

The dragon froze and looked at the other male who narrows his eyes as if glaring at someone at the corner. The words spoken by the other male had Kaoru paled and gulped, realizing they had found their residence 'ghost'.

"Y-yes, I heard that." He nearly stumbled on his words from fear. The dragon cursed his neighbor in 3 languages he knew in his mind. "Should we check?" It was a bad idea but Kaoru was just making sure this thing is not a poltergeist at least.

star boy

Damien Hyde
“Wraith”
Damien Hyde
Jul 14 2017, 02:44 AM
Black Sun Cabal
Sky Pirate
Altered Peak Human
124 posts
currently Offline
played by Dauwz

Feel it Coming
O
kay. Good. He nodded. In one way or another him hearing the noise meant good things. At least Damien wasn't getting delirious. But this also posed a possibly nasty revelation on their shoulders. Either somebody else was in the house with them - which would be the logical assumption - or the place was fucking haunted, which in all honesty sounded ridiculous.

A sigh left the man's lips at the question before he once again turned towards the source of the noise he heard. Damien kicked down a table and broke off one of its legs. Placing a hand over the piece of wood, he let several sparks of electricity crash into its very top before the wood lit itself ablaze in the form of a small torch.

Steeling himself, the Sky Pirate went over to check. The floorboards wheezed and creaked with every step he took as the shadows around him twisted and deformed due to the sudden outburst of moving light. Damien lifted the torch above his head as he inspected the inside of the room he just walked into, momentarily glancing over his shoulder, "Damien, by the way. If we're going ghost busting I figure we might as well get acquainted," he reasoned, smiling lightly.

Stepping further into the room while waiting for the other male's reply, Damien's eye caught a glimpse of movement. His muscles instantly tensed as something twirled on the wall in front of him. The sound of a wet hand slapping on concrete reverberated in the hollow building they found themselves in, and Damien's gaze turned to shock when haphazardly drawn letters began appearing on the damp wall.

Letters drawn with what looked like blood.

I'm sorry, it read.

"Well, fuck me."

└ Tags-- @Yuki

Stranded pirates
and haunted houses
Made by Mizo.
Kaoru Iwasaki
“Ice Sorcerer”
Kaoru Iwasaki
Jul 16 2017, 01:08 PM
Freelance
traveler
Dragon
34 posts
currently Offline
played by Yuki

The other male nodded, acknowledging the fact he wasn't the only one who heard those mysterious footsteps. The dragon knew coming here was a bad idea. Once he's out of this nightmare hell, he's going to kick his neighbor's ass. Harmless, his ass. The other male had made his way to the place the footsteps originated and Kaoru slowly trailing behind him. The dragon's right eye twitched everytime the floorboard creek and wheezed under the weigh of the other male.

His enhanced hearing suffers from the loudness of those floor but he cannot complain since he knew the house were old and as such there's bound to be creaked floorboard here and there. The shadows illuminated from the torch the male had hold twisted in unnatural angle. It was as if those shadow had been alived. It might just be an illusion? He can't tell for sure.

The other male entered one of the room but Kaoru stayed by the door, feeling apprehensive to enter the room. The strange man introduced himself as Damien and ask for the same courtesy from Kaoru. He fidgeted slightly before giving out his name, "Kaoru Iwasaki." His voice echoed slightly through out the empty corridor. He had been distracted by the paintings from outside the room when he heard Damien cursed.

Almost immediately, Kaoru burst into the room only to find disturbing message written what it seems like blood. The dragon could only stare in shock at the message before shakily whimpered.

This does not bode well for Kaoru and his partner.

star boy

Damien Hyde
“Wraith”
Damien Hyde
Jul 18 2017, 07:34 AM
Black Sun Cabal
Sky Pirate
Altered Peak Human
124 posts
currently Offline
played by Dauwz

Feel it Coming
D
amien hummed, "Well, Kaoru, I'd say it's nice to meet you and all that, but considering the circumstances, I'd say we're in a bit of a pickle." He said somewhat absentmindedly, his eyes examining the writing. This couldn't be a ghost. That shit didn't exist. Not like this, anyway. Someone was trying to prank them. That would only be logical.

Damien approached the writing and ran his finger against it. He later licked his finger. Yup, definitely blood. How the fuck...? Suddenly, Damien froze. Behind Kaoru, right at the doorway, he met a pair of eyes. Red as blood, circled by yellow. "I think... yeah, don't turn around." And as soon as Damien moved to investigate, the presence ran.

"'Scuse me." He said as he gently pushed past the Dragon and bolted into the corridor. The presence was gone, but now the doors to every room were now open. They were definitely closed before. Okay, this was one elaborate prank.

The pirate turned to the Dragon, looking somewhat amused, "Okay, so, we either get the fuck out of here, which honestly is a big no-no since it's freaking freezing outside. Or we investigate this shit and possibly either uncover some kids playing a bullshit prank on us... or we get maimed by whatever shit might be in here. What do you think?"

Pretty simple.

└ Tags-- @Yuki

Stranded pirates
and haunted houses
Made by Mizo.
Kaoru Iwasaki
“Ice Sorcerer”
Kaoru Iwasaki
Jul 21 2017, 01:10 PM
Freelance
traveler
Dragon
34 posts
currently Offline
played by Yuki

"A pleasure to meet you too." The dragon mumbled. He grasp the door frame only to froze when he felt unnatural coldness prickled down his scale. To make things worse, Damien had warned him not to move, no doubt he's seeing something at Kaoru's back. The other male moved to investigate the mysterious presence but it disappears as soon as Damien moves.

The dragon was pushed aside gently before Damien bolted to the corridor. Kaoru follows the other male and finally took notice of the opened doors throughout the hallways. Kaoru was sure the doors were closed when they first arrived at the house. Did someone open them?

The dragon pursed his lips as he was presented with different choices by Damien. He had no problem going outside considering his affinity to ice and cold temperature in general. However, this human would not be happy to go outside in the cold. They are not equipped to handle harsh cold weather like ice creatures. The only option they had right now is investigate the odd events they had experienced.

"A-ah, I think maybe we should continue investigating. I hoped it was a prankster instead of ghosts haunting this place..." He mumbled, "If we found any ghost in this house, all I could suggest is either fight or flight."

star boy

Damien Hyde
“Wraith”
Damien Hyde
Jul 22 2017, 02:53 AM
Black Sun Cabal
Sky Pirate
Altered Peak Human
124 posts
currently Offline
played by Dauwz

Feel it Coming
D
amien wasn't scared. He wasn't really shaken, either. He didn't believe in bullshit like this. Sure, demons and stuff existed. But a haunted house that he waltzed in to warm up being out to scare the shit out of him? It didn't make sense. It wasn't logical. And frankly had it not been so cold outside, or at least if his clothes had dried, he would've just said fuck it and left. The best way to deal with a prank was to ignore it, after all.

But Damien had no such luck. Karma really was out to get him lately. First he falls off the damn ship because or Rayan's fucking floorboards, more or less freezes his ass off, almost gets maimed by this Kaoru kid, and now he was dealing with some kids pulling a fast one on him? Man. Orpheus or whoever the fuck their God was really had a thing for him.

"While flight I can do, I'd prefer a fight. Never thought I'd say that, actually. But, well, it's cold outside," Damien reasoned with a light chuckle and a nod, stepping forward into the dark corridor before them.

Shit was dark. And while his torch did provide some form of visibility, it clearly wasn't enough, "Aw, man. I can't see shit," Damien complained, peeking into one of the rooms curiously.

Despite it being dark as shit, he couldn't possibly miss the sight of a skinned person strung upside down from the floor. "Okay then," He said, slowly closing that door. He probably should've checked if that was an actual body or some kind of prop. But frankly he didn't have the patience for it.

Blinking several times, Damien nodded to himself when a lamp lit up in his brain. Opening the door, Damien shoved Kaoru inside, "Yo, check that body out for me, would ya?" He asked, doing his best to hide his amusement. Honestly he wondered if the thing wouldn't come alive after the Dragon checked.

Based on Kaoru's previous reaction when Damien scared the bejeezus out of him, this ought to be fucking grand.

└ Tags-- @Yuki

Stranded pirates
and haunted houses
Made by Mizo.

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in AmericaAvalon a Panfandom RP
Rise of the BelieversWorld of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP
N:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPAzelaniarealm of the seven
The Duality of Man: an animanga role-play photo BasuraSengoku Horizon
F/BCTHE STELLARA REGIONReluctant HeroesLEGENDTO BITTER ENDINGS
Stroke of Luck ♥image
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.