megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Where the Sky Breaks, [Lavinia]
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Feb 11 2018, 08:20 PM
Apocrypha
Demon Knight
Demon
302 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Black bird

Where the Sky Breaks // @kyoka
"She stole your money?" Roux inquired skeptically, watching the angry and agitated man with a curious eye. He could barely keep his eyes from rolling back in his head - he was a detective. He didn't handle... Civil matters. From what he could understand, the fortune teller had told the man some great misfortune would befall him. And apparently that upset the guy so much he wanted something done about it. Did he want a refund or something? Or did he just want Roux to go yell at the woman until she told the guy something he wanted to hear?

"Sure, whatever." This was stupid but Roux was being paid so this was fine? He wasn't even sure he needed the money. It'd... Help. But whatever - that was Okay. Hands in his pockets, he began to walk through the crowded streets of Empyrean. There was some festival being held in the city where all the rich people were flaunting how rich they were. It was quite obnoxious and Roux was silently hoping someone or something would just show up and ruin everything for them. But he doubted that'd be happening... But that was Okay. He'd just get this over with, get paid and then keep wandering.

There were various vendors and stalls all around him, people having traveled far and wide from all over Sium for the festival. After all - the best place to pawn off shitty counterfeits for more money than they were even close to being worth was Empyrean - home to the rich and dumb. Roux could already see some guy with far too much money paying a ridiculous amount of money for a forgery of some ancient sword.

Still, none of that had anything to do with him. Coming up to a tent, he pushed it open and stepped inside before having to step aside. The sight of a girl rushing out while crying violently told him pretty much all he actually needed or wanted to know.

"It seems like none of these people are having good luck I take it?" He inquired, his gaze focusing on the fortune teller who apparently had the misfortune of being the bearer of bad news.

credit:
Lavinia
“Lady of Fortunes”
Lavinia
Feb 12 2018, 12:01 AM
Freelance
Fortune Teller
human
27 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Lavinia sighed as the girl ran out of the tent sobbing. The girl had asked about her love life and so she had traced her hands and read her fortune. Not what the girl had wanted to hear, unfortunately. Well. Fortune reading usually had a chance of failing and being right anyhow. Ready to pack up for the day, Lavinia began to clean up when a curious young man had approached her tent. Ah, he must have bumped into the sobbing mess from earlier.

Giving a dejected sigh, she replied, "I'm afraid so. Stars don't align correctly for a lot of people, and sometimes there's a lot of things people do not wish to hear. With every good in life, there's always some bad. It's inevitable." Crossing her arms, she asked, "So? Are you here for a fortune telling, or are you here to make fun of me?"

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Feb 12 2018, 04:16 AM
Apocrypha
Demon Knight
Demon
302 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Black bird

Not moving from his position, Roux watched the woman carefully as he pondered her words. Make fun of her? He didn't see why anyone would, honestly. Looking around the tent, nothing looked particularly cheap or low-quality. The woman's appearance didn't appear to be unusual either; well, maybe it was. When Roux pictured 'fortune tellers' in his head, he generally pictured old and decrepit old women who spouted bullshit.

"Not quite." Roux said while walking forward. Pulling back the chair, he sat down across from her before leaning back in his seat. "One of your customers is quite unsatisfied with your provided services. He seemed to be quite angry at whatever misfortune you told him is coming your way. From the sound of it, he either wanted a refund or for me to..." He waved his hand, not sure what word to use. Kill her? No, that'd be far too much. There was no way the man was that angry. Destroy her tent? Possibly. It seemed likely.

"But that's a bit much and far too unnecessary. I suppose the question is - are you a legitimate fortune teller or just another con artist?" He inquired, watching her closely - prepared to call out anything he considered to be a lie. He found this entire situation ridiculous and another reason for his reclusive nature - people were ignorant and acted like apes every chance they got. And after a while? It got infuriating.

credit:
Lavinia
“Lady of Fortunes”
Lavinia
Feb 12 2018, 04:53 AM
Freelance
Fortune Teller
human
27 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Lavinia sat back down in her chair and crossed her legs. "Is that so?" she mused, trying to recall which man it was and what he wanted read. As if she remembered, she reached down and took out a pack of tarot cards. "If I'm correct, it was the man who paid for a tarot reading because he trusted in their judgment the most."

She took three cards and spread them on the table. The same three cards she had shown the man earlier. "I'm not a seer or anything. That would require investing my sillage into being able to see the future, and I am not able to see into the future." She flipped the three cards over and asked, "Tell me, have you ever seen a 3 card tarot spread? As fortune tellers, we weave stories for those who inquire; usually, it's to give a path into understanding. Each card has its own fortunes and misfortunes."

Without looking away from the cards, she continued, "The man in question asked about future in business. His first card was Strength upright. In short, he began well. He was a strong leader, yet compassionate and kind. People who followed him look up to him. His next card was the Devil upright. Some time recently, he became concerned with materialism as opposed to....well. Continue doing his job as the head of business. For example, trying each day to get his fortune read." Lavinia's lips curled into a small smile. "I have seen him. He has indeed visited many fortune telling booths before mine. But that's another topic. His third and final card was Death reversed. If he continued to resist to change himself and his ways, misfortune would visit, and his business would surely fail. When I told him as such, his face became red with anger and demanded that I refund him for a shitty fortune."

Lavinia frowned. "Of course, he's done this to many other people while I'm not on duty. I believe there was an older woman in the booth a few blocks down who was demanded a refund from for her crystal ball reading." She shook her head. "I unfortunately lack the sillage to do proper crystal ball readings, and so I rely on using the tarot cards I have here along with palm reading in order to tell fortunes. I can assure you, there are people who have received great fortune here, and people who have received misfortune."

Lavinia's smile returned and she uncrossed her legs. "Does that answer satisfy you? Of course, I can issue the refund, but before I could give him his money back, he had already stormed off in anger."

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Feb 12 2018, 05:44 AM
Apocrypha
Demon Knight
Demon
302 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Black bird

This was pleasantly easy, Roux had to admit. He liked not having to... Talk more than necessary. Being able to just sit and listen to the woman talk and explain things to him was refreshing. In some ways, it was even nostalgic. Just sitting and learning about a subject that, even if he wasn't extremely into it, was quite interesting. It reminded him of when he was younger and his life was far more simpler. Leaning back in his seat, Roux nodded along to her words. Everything she was saying made sense and was quite believable. His brief interaction with the man had allowed Roux to quickly form an opinion of the man. He seemed like the type of sleazeball that Roux would be paid to investigate only to discover he was yet another cheating spouse.

"I see." Roux said with a final nod before sighing, waving his hand dismissively. This was really, really stupid. He was sick and tired of rich people - they were all entitled and smug assholes. Which was a really awkward way to think when he was technically fighting to help restore the monarchy. Yikes! "You're obviously not a fraud. Or if you are, you're the most convincing I've come across." He said bluntly, deciding to just be honest. Honesty was so simple and he wished more people actually appreciated it. And were actually honest and upfront about things - that was far more respectable in his opinion.

"There's no point in giving him his money back. It won't undo his fortune. And it won't make him any less of a cunt." Roux pointed out with a sigh, gently massaging his temple. This had all the makings of turning into a shitstorm depending on how vengeful the man decided to be. This was why he swore he'd never work retail again; being a regular member of Apocrypha didn't pay at all, so finding work wasn't unusual. And in desperation he decided that working retail in Gaothaire wouldn't be so bad - and boy could he have never been so wrong. There was pretty much nothing worse than an irate and retarded customer.

It was funny how he spent so many years busting his ass for a degree in Sillage Studies only for it to be completely and utterly useless.

"The only thing I can suggest is keeping an eye out for anything unusual lurking about. There's no reasonable action I can take here, because no wrong was done, but there's a lot of people who'd do anything for a quick payday." He said while standing from his seat.

credit:
Lavinia
“Lady of Fortunes”
Lavinia
Feb 13 2018, 05:44 AM
Freelance
Fortune Teller
human
27 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Lavinia chuckled, reshuffling her tarot cards. "I would think in the end, most fortune tellers are quacks since the alignment of stars isn't truly a thing. Nevertheless, it's a skill people take up if they want to help someone find salvation in their boring old lives." She then placed the cards in a bag and very quickly packed up much of her belongings. She managed to shuffle all the important fortune telling items into a rather large knapsack and swung it over her shoulder. "I'm about to close up shop though, so allow me to see you out. It's the least I can do to help assist you in your...claim...?" she placed a finger on her chin with a frown, unsure of what to call the complaint. She shook her head and then resumed smiling. "Well, in any case, I'm glad this could be resolved without too much conflict."

Lavinia made her way out of the tent, waiting for her companion to join her. Once he did, she zipped up the tent and locked it in preparation for another day tomorrow. Once she did, she then asked, "Oh, I don't believe I've introduced myself, have I?" She sighed an placed a finger on her forehead. "Silly me. That's what should have been done first." She looked up at Roux and smiled. "My name is Lavinia. And may I know your name, kind sir?"

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Feb 13 2018, 06:05 PM
Apocrypha
Demon Knight
Demon
302 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Black bird

A tilt of his head was Roux's response to Lavinia's explanation about her own views on fortune telling. He found it strange that from what he could tell, her own perspective of it seemed to be quite... He didn't know the word for it. But it some ways it seemed like she didn't have immense respect for it or maybe she didn't buy it all herself. And that made Roux wonder why she'd even bother, then. Was it some form of selflessness? Roux could understand that... Sort of.

A slight nod of his head was his response to Lavinia's offer to see him out. He could have easily just walked out on his own but that probably would have been rude. So he just stood around silently as she packed everything up before following after her. Hands in his pockets, he looked around and saw the festival was still going on. Did she have plans of some sort? That would make sense for her to close up early. Roux knew it didn't do him any good to try and find a reasoning for any and everything people did but he couldn't help it. It was... Comforting to be able to make sense of things. When things didn't make sense it just... Bothered him.

"Blackbird." Roux said simply, eyes shifting to the side to avoid meeting her gaze. He hated giving people his real name. It made things personal and typically created attachments. And things like that weren't any good. Getting attached to people was always problematic. It was far simpler for Roux to live behind the mask of Blackbird and not have to actually try and be himself around people; that typically opened up far too many avenues and exposed too much himself. He was aware of his flaws and weaknesses but he intended on keeping those to himself.

With his attention focused solely on Lavinia, he was unaware of his client behind him who was seething. He had asked the 'detective' to go deal with the woman who had cheated him out of his 'fortune'! He couldn't accept the woman's card reading and he knew she was probably trying to place bad luck on him or steal his money, if not both! But instead of 'Blackbird' getting his money back he was being woo'd by her - at least from the older man's perspective. Glancing over his shoulder, he motioned his 'bodyguards' to go deal with both of them.

credit:
Lavinia
“Lady of Fortunes”
Lavinia
Feb 13 2018, 10:23 PM
Freelance
Fortune Teller
human
27 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Blackbird. What a simple name to remember. It had a nice ring to it too. Lavinia smiled to herself and replied, "That indeed is a wonderful name. I'll make sure to remember it." Lavinia blinked, seeing two burly men approach the two, and so she mentioned, "I think we have ourselves some company, Blackbird."

It wasn't unusual to see men with bodyguards around. That much Lavinia was certain of. Especially the rich folk. Coming from a noble house reminded her of the insane amount of bodyguards there were at any given point of the day, so she knew hopefully enough on how to deal with them. She approached one of the two men cautiously, but retained her smile. "Good evening sirs. I'm afraid I'm closed for the rest of the day, but is there something I may help you with?"

Behind her back, she slipped out one of her knives, ready in case a confrontation was inevitable. There was, of course, absolutely no reason to cause a huge scene in the end of the day anyways.

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Feb 14 2018, 07:25 AM
Apocrypha
Demon Knight
Demon
302 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Black bird

That was certainly a strange response. Whenever Roux introduced himself as 'Blackbird', people typically reacted with confusion, suspicion or annoyance. The fact the woman was so readily to accept his name without any apparent issues bothered him immensely. That didn't... Make sense. It had to have been clear Blackbird wasn't his real name, so why wasn't she attempting to pry? Having someone readily be so accepting threw him off - that wasn't how it was supposed to go. Why wasn't she narrowing her eyes her eyes? Or shifting her posture ever so slightly? Where were all of the usual signs that let him know someone either didn't believe him or were annoyed? This was he hated dealing with people - there were too many variables and things weren't adding up how they should have.

Her words caught his attention and he glanced over his shoulder to the men that were approaching them. His eyes narrowed and he looked back to Lavinia for only a moment before his gaze returned to the men. Just from looking at the men, Roux could tell they were fighters. They posture and demeanor made that clear; he doubted they were looking to get their fortune read. Looking past them, he could see the greedy businessman fuming in the distance, glaring daggers right past his henchmen at Roux and Lavinia.

"Jinkies." Roux muttered under his breath, immediately realizing what was happening. The men had been sent by the same man that had sent Roux. That made sense; he could respect a solid back-up plan if things didn't go the way the businessman had wanted. Roux figured his lack of destroying the tent and everything within it or returning to the businessman with the money he had spent probably upset him greatly. But both of those actions that the businessman probably wanted were far too illogical and stupid for Roux's taste.

'The Boss sent you here to teach the fraud a lesson and get his money back, Blackbird.' One of the men said and Roux looked off to the side, rubbing his neck awkwardly. He really wanted to point out how stupid that was but he held his tongue, if only for that moment. 'Instead you're here getting familiar with her. Doesn't matter to the boss none, though. You're gonna be coming with us - the boss wants to make an example out of frauds like you.' The second henchman said, his words directed at Lavinia. Roux was aware of the threats being made, but he was more annoyed at the accusations being leveled towards him. What did they mean getting familiar with her? He wasn't doing that. At least he didn't think he was. Socializing was hard so where the hell did they get off trying to give him shit?

A low mutter escaped Roux and he stepped forward. Moving quickly, he had placed a hand on their exposed necks and immediately released an arc of red electricity that was potent enough to paralyze them on the spot but still leave them breathing. Pulling his hands away, Roux stepped back before burying his hands in his coat pockets. "There's probably more of them." Roux said, noticing the businessman was hurriedly walking away. "You should get a move on before they catch up with you." He advised, spinning on his heel as he began to walk away. Whatever - that was his good deed for the day. He really didn't want to get anymore involved than he already was. If he did, things would no doubt get messy. And when things got messy around Roux, it was typically because he was committing a small massacre.

credit:
Lavinia
“Lady of Fortunes”
Lavinia
Feb 14 2018, 10:36 PM
Freelance
Fortune Teller
human
27 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Lavinia blinked. "Jinkies"? Did people still say stuff like that? She raised an eyebrow skeptically and she turned back towards the two. She grit her teeth at the mention on being a fraud, but before Lavinia could do anything about it, "Blackbird" had already gone in to paralyze them. She put her knife away and sighed. She looked in the distance as the businessman fled, and her eyes narrowed in annoyance. It reminded her of the stuck up rich people that used to visit her home.

Instead, her attention refocused to Roux and she put a hand on her hip. "Did...Did you say....jinkies? I heard that, right?" she asked

@Jageroux

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCTHE STELLARA REGIONReluctant Heroes
TO BITTER ENDINGS
Save MeDBUPrisoners of Fatekalopsia - a pmd rp
AGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendantNox
Hiraeth a Panfandom RP
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.