megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Tears and sweat, Nauta and Bubs -CW
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 19 2018, 06:06 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

It’s been days since she left Simeon. She missed him a lot, but she was too scared and embarrassed to go back to him. Life became exactly what it is before she met Simeon. She kept herself busy with delivering packages.

Today was different, today she had a day off. A forced day off, she groaned as she reached the beach. The beach she was with Simeon. It hurt to be here.

She plopped herself on the blanket, she could feel the sand underneath. She watched the waves, it was oddly mesmerizing. She kept staring until she finally got up to walk into the water.

It was so hot and the cold water felt nice. She walked in until she was knee deep, the waves bobbing her back and forth. Makko smiled softly as she remembered how she dragged Simeon to the beach.

She tried her best to keep smiling, thinking about Simeon made her think about that day. The day she realized how selfish she was, forcing someone into friendship. What was wrong with her?

She just sighed as she made her way out of the water, the sand sticking to her feet. She sat back down on the blanket, today she was in a bad mood as she looked at all the other happy tourists. Her face was clearly upset as the sun blinded her.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
“The Person That Does the Thing”
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 19 2018, 11:54 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

It was exhausting day after exhausting day, draining him of more than just his energy. Too much activity condensed within a few, miserable days. Or were they moments? The entire situation regarding the staff was a blur, and he'd rather put it behind him than let it project itself in the forefront. But it was then that a realization had struck him. And he needed to see it through.

But, where would he be able to meet with her? Solving out the answer to this question was nearly as exhausting as the search for Silence. He did have an idea as to where, however: and it was quite close to home. So close, in fact, that he figured that he ought to search personally.

For the moment, he had removed his self from the tower, and reassembled himself on the path back to Xoanan, taking good care not to exert himself too heavily. He remembered her fascination with the beach when she had first seen it, but it was so tiny of a detail that she couldn't have possibly chosen it to be one of her favorite haunts. But, then again, this was a girl with little experience with Sium's landmarks.

Once more, his boots pressed and crunched against the sand, and he surveyed the crowded landscape. Somewhere. She had to be somewhere. While it would have been more efficient to split himself up to search, nobody would react well to a limbless man lying on scorching sand. Much more, it'd be terribly uncomfortable.

When he seemed to have found a woman with a perfectly-matched shade of hair, he picked up his feet, and stood above her, attempting to identify her. Simeon could barely tell that it was her, as she didn't possess that smile with which he'd usually recognize her.

The pale man, who looked like he was totally out of his environment, knelt before her and immediately wrapped his arms tightly around Makko in an almost possessive embrace. "Forgive me for reminding you of this loneliness." His mind ran without brakes, ignoring the flickering signals that told him to cease.

"And forgive me for letting you depart." The word 'courage' came to mind. And its meaning was laid bare, if only a small portion of it. "You've no idea how long I have been wanting to speak with you once more. If not for more lessons, then just to be in your company."

Upon the realization that he was out in the middle of a populated space, he stopped himself, and provided the both of them a small amount of distance. "Ah... perhaps, not here." Despite it all, he still hated the beach.

@Bubbleh

words: idk

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 19 2018, 03:30 PM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

This is the second time Simeon surprised her. She flinched when he wrapped his arms around her, his words felt warm to her.

"S-Simeon?" She looked behind her, her eyes became watery. He went out to look for her and wanted her company. Was she not being selfish? A big smile formed on her face, she couldn't believe it but she was so happy. Although he stopped hugging her she went in for an embrace.

"Simeon!"
She didn't care if others were looking, her friend was back! She nuzzled her head against whatever body part she was against. She was happy that she will be able to explore the world again, happy to have a friend, happy the loneliness is gone for good.

"Thank you!" There was so much she could have said and there was so much she wanted to say. In end she kept quiet, but she was glad that he did care deep down. She will never let this go, she'll remind Simeon every second what he did. What a lovely thing he did. She finally let go, sitting upright on the blanket her smile beaming like a thousand stars.

"You're my best friend, Simeon." She paused, "I'm so happy." She bit her lip as she changed position, being on all fours. She got closer. "I guess I'm that irresistible?" A giggle slipped out, right now she didn't care about the heat and the onlookers. Simeon is her focus, no matter what.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 20 2018, 02:15 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

That smile returned, but her eyes glistened with halted tears. She was that happy? It was still so difficult to understand, but a single step was made. It was enough to satisfy him for now. "And you are possibly mine, Makko. Yes. You are my best friend." When she had released him, he sat upon his knees, and dug his gloved fingers into the sand.

Her teasing did not seem to reach its end, however, and given who he was, he'd have to react accordingly. "Quite the assumption, you have. But, if you wish to believe it, then I'll not stop you. Or, is it that you truly -do- fancy me?" As was typical at this point, he attempted to turn it around on her, even recalling specific terminology.

Simeon's hand fell on her head as she crawled forward, tilting his own. "I hope my absence has not forced you to temporarily reside somewhere unbearable. Standing about in the sun around a swarm of people is not where I'd imagine a reunion would take place. Shall we leave for somewhere cooler? We can speak along the way."

Carefully and slowly, he rose up to his feet, holding out a bent elbow for her to hold as she had done the day of their first meeting. "Unfortunately, given the circumstances, I did not bring the books."

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 20 2018, 05:29 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

"Don't you remember? I looooooove you." She said with a cheeky smile and it didn't go away as Simeon placed his hand on her head. "I'm fine." She reassured him as she watched him get up. He was ready to leave but one day she'll get him to enjoy the beach too.

She finally got up, shook the blanket to get rid of the sand, folded it up and rushed to his side. She gd onto his arm, making herself comfortable as they started to walk.

"It's ok!" She didn't care at all about the books. She had Simeon back and this time he won't be able to get rid of her anymore. "See Simeon, you do have a heart." Her smile was prideful, "More importantly you have a friend you can rely on, I'm with you 24/7." It was safe to say that she started to grow an obsession over her friend.

"Where are you staying? Do you have any missions to do? I'll help!" She started to talk '"After all, I'm your assistant." She honestly couldn't wait to go on adventures with him, she was a little sad to have missed the concert. She should be less stubborn. But now she just felt excited, she wanted to explore the whole world with him.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 20 2018, 06:54 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

Ah. This was also what was meant by 'courage'. Another piece of the puzzle so easily fitted into its slot. "I'd not subject you to a forced transformation into a demon, but you may certainly remain by my side as my assistant. Or servant, however you wish to title yourself." As usual, he followed Makko, assuming that she knew where she was going.

"Though, 'friend' works just as well." Nudging his arm against her shoulder, he swiped at his forehead, removing beads of sweat. It was debatable whether or not he 'had a heart', as he was still a Sin, but there was a particular, noticeable lack of coldness within himself. It wasn't a terrible flaw, he supposed.

Continuing down into the city, his eyes remained upon Makko, stealing the radiance from her smile like a plant for sunlight. "I'd just come from the Tower, but we cannot make idle talk in there. In the city, I've nowhere in which I am staying. As for missions... sensitive information that I'd keep indoors, but for now, I am free."

"But, I did ask about where you were staying. Lead me." There was a lightness within himself, an extra hop in his step, and a subtle upwards curve in his otherwise inexpressive face. But, within the dull, white gems of his eyes, there was a slight twinkle of life.

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 20 2018, 07:20 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

She did a cheeky laugh as Simeon accepted her being an assistant.

"Of course!" She looked up at him, there was something different about him. He seemed less tired and less lifeless. It made her wonder if she was the reason. She squealed a little to herself, it made her happy that he cheered up around her.

"Eeehhh? What did you do at the tower?" She kept leading Simeon to a more poor part of the city. She was always so frugal with money, after all, it didn't grow on trees. She didn't really care where she styled, just as long she was safe when it rained, nor was she scared to go into certain shady places. Recently she has been to the sin district of Ravanar. Boy did she learn about entertainment.

"Ta da!" She said as they finally stopped in front of a hotel. One that was outright shady, Makko, on the other hand, look proud. As if it was an achievement to find the cheapest room. "Only 5 bucks a night!"

She fumbled with her feet, almost tripping as she walked closer. She caught herself using Simeon as a support. "Everything is broken, so if I break something I can't be blamed." She remembered the last thing she broke, a vase when she worked as a servant in someone's house. She got into so much trouble. That is something she wants to avoid, trouble.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 20 2018, 07:42 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

If there was one thing that he might have been able to call pathetic at the moment, it was the hotel. He could -hear- it falling apart as they stood in front of it. It was almost tempting to see just how much the hotel would cost as a whole, curious about its value as property. The area itself, however, was of little concern to him; he mingled with the downtrodden and broken enough to understand that it was still a place within which life could be supported.

"We reside inside of the Tower, we Sins. 'Tis not terribly comfortable, but they've books and a couch, and that is well by me. However, I am certain that it is much more comfortable than where you've taken me." Against her tripping and stumbling, he stood against her, keeping her as upright as he could. "You have quite an interesting point of view regarding the matter. Even if I'd disagree."

As they stepped forwards, Simeon's fingers lifted from his pocket to drift close to hers, holding her hand firmly. Even if they were within crappy living conditions, he was certain that she'd light the mood somewhat. A flower growing and sprouting out of stone, an appropriate analogy.

"This seems the sort of environment for one-night stands than for something so simple of a reason as temporary residence. You could not find any place better?"

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 20 2018, 08:15 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

"You have a home?" She asked excitedly, "Do you have your own room?! Will you show me it? Is your bed comfortable?!" The thought of having a home let alone your own room amazed her. She never really had something she could call hers. She won't press down until he shows her his room. She a bit taken back when Simeon grabbed her hand, though she gripped onto his tightly. As if she was scared he would disappear if she woke up.

"Nope! This was the best I could find." She meant it was the cheapest she could find. She looked confused him, "What is a night one stand? Are they fun? Have you had one? Can I have one too?" she knew about the act as 'making babies' but she still has to realize that people do it for fun and not just for a purpose. The slang around it was oblivious to her.

"Don't worry, you can pick the next place to sleep at." She guided him into the hotel. She waved to a couple of people, she had a talent for making 'friends'. They reached their room, and honestly, it wasn't as bad. She must have gotten the best room, probably because she didn't realize how hard she was 'flirting' with the owner.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 20 2018, 08:44 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"I doubt you'd be able to make a visit unless you were among the Poena Damni. And a trip into the Tower, yourself, might erase all that makes you." He seemed disappointed, but at once, also relieved. "We are all misanthropic monsters. However, your being my assistant and servant does rationalize your case by the sliiightest amount."

Simeon could not accurately predict the reactions of his fellow Sins should they find out that he was followed about by a human. Pushing these thoughts aside, however, he sighed when the question inevitably came through. How did he not predict this reaction, either? "When we are inside." Caught off-guard, he did not specify which of her questions he had answered. Besides, he could not give her anything less vague when her waving indicated they still were not alone.

And when they were, the room seemed... alright. Average. Regardless of its objective quality, it was better than he had expected. Was she simply lucky? No, luck did not exist. It was a mere coincidence. Shutting the door behind him, he released her hand and sat himself down upon the bed, the first place he could find on which to sit.

"I certainly will find a place better than this if we've to stay somewhere longer than a few days." Pulling at a finger, he tugged his gloves off of his hands and shoved them into a pocket. "You've lingered about such odd places, and you do not know what is a one night stand? I should have suspected as much."

((Possible CW for sexual content?))

Idly, he cracked his fingers one by one, scrutinizing the entire room as if a rat was bound to scribble its way out from underneath furniture and into the open. "Imagine a bee and a flower. The bee pollinates the flower and then flies off, likely never to encounter that flower again. Replace the bee and the flower with people, and that is a one night stand. 'Tis a sort of sexual encounter."

Realizing how lightly he treated the explanation, he shrugged. "Given your particular demeanor, I doubt you'd ever even wish to have one."

@Bubbleh

liv's codes

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.