megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Punchline of a Joke, [bubbleh]
Simeon Zhirayr
“The Person That Does the Thing”
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 18 2018, 06:26 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Don't be juvenile. I am not a combatant; thus, I scout, and utilize my comparative anonymity to the best of my ability. Whatever I can gleam out of the people, I give to the Poena Damni. And, it does not hurt that I can let loose and push people into that curse whenever the whim strikes me."

He knew that his explanation would go over her head, but already, he was too tired to simplify it for better digestion. Not bothering to undress nor remove his boots, he settled into the bed and crossed his arms over his chest while his eyes drifted shut. "You smile enough as-is, if not smirk whenever you believe you've said something that may break my composure. If anything, you are the easiest to tease."

And then, he drifted off, the city lights outside of the window fading as his consciousness did.

But, when his eyes next opened, Simeon found himself in the ruins of an old fort. The sun hung overhead, straight above them like one of Gaothaire's streetlights. There was a stillness in the air, and instead of the chirping of birds from the forest surrounding them, there was the sound of cracking glass. No... it was -ice-. His stare reached an older, middle-aged man with similarly pale hair to his, neat and tidily short. As could be expected from someone with obvious military background.

The man did not say anything. No, the corners of his lips curled what could be perceived as a mile upward, into a great smile. And, for some reason, it annoyed him. No, it infuriated him. Everything about that man was inconceivable. It didn't make sense, and that smile gave him no answer at all. Without a moment's hesitation, he lifted his pistol, and nearly squeezed the trigger.

Simeon had only stopped when he had disappeared with a blink. Teeth bared in a snarl, he looked around him, searching for this confusing man. And when he finally turned on his heel, there he was, inches away from him, that smile radiating as bright as the great ball of fire that threatened to melt him away.

"Among the many rules and tenants placed upon us men of the Monarchy of Sium, the demand for courage was the most vibrant."

"What does that even mean, you frail -cur-?"

-------------------------------------

And then, his eyes truly opened, the sound, the shaking rattling this dreamscape into collapse. Shivering and shaking, his eyes widened, fingers dug into the bed. What was that man going to say? What would be his response? As he slowly attempted to still his heartbeat and calm himself, he focused upon the world around him. Specifically, the jumping Makko.

"Stop. Stop, stop, stop." Ambivalent to whether or not she actually stopped at his request, he sat up, and set his feet down upon the floor, taking in his last few gasps before swallowing. "What has gotten you so excited? Are that anxious for the concert, or are you just that delighted to see me?"

He didn't have dreams. This must have been an illusion.

@Bubbleh

words: idk

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 18 2018, 08:10 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

“Um… “ She paused “both?” She said with a smile as she stopped jumping and sat next to him. She noticed something different about him. Although his face still looks so lifeless his gasping for hair and swallowing indicated something was wrong.

“Everything ok?” Her whole demeanor changed, she looked at him worried. How should she show her support? She felt nervous, she wanted him to know that he could tell her anything that bothers him.

She went for it, she gave Simeon a hug in the hopes that it helped a little. Hugs were meant to bring comfort after all. Although she had a feeling that Simeon wouldn’t care.

“It’s ok.” She didn’t want to pester him, but he needed to know that she was there for him. “Let’s have a good day, yeah?” This was really her first time comforting someone that wasn’t her little siblings. It was different to comfort someone that wasn’t a child.

“I’m guessing you had a bad dream.” She finally said as she let go of Simeon. She looked at him with a tilted head, she forced a worried smile. “I’ll be a good girl.” Makko felt like she needed to make his life more at ease. After all, she knew how heartbreaking a bad dream can be. Although Simeon seemed more confused than upset. She had no idea how it looks like when Simeon is upset. She can only assume and hope she read him correctly.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 18 2018, 09:00 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

As expected, Makko smiled and continued to smile despite the mess as what he had woken up. None of her made sense to him. He could not reiterate to himself more that she was an existence shrouded in a cloak of confusion, a clouded silhouette within the practiced logic and saturating apathy and melancholy that encompassed his mind.

There wasn't a way for him to respond to her swiftly, not when he was so lost in thought about his dream and whatever curse she might have placed upon him to have this dream. Ever since he had become Sloth, the myriad hours of slumber in which he had partaken were without image, without sound. It was all dull blackness before the light of the waking world pierced through the opening slits of his eyes.

What did it mean? To 'have courage'? There was nothing that he feared, for a man without care is a man without fear. And the one who had spoken those words. That folly-some bag of dust was dangerous. Trapped within his thoughts, a warmth surrounded him. As if petrified, Simeon froze. Genuine surprise lit tiny lights in his faded pupils, and he looked sideways to Makko.

"Why do you still give to me kindness, when I've belittled you, insulted you? -What- are you?" There was a confused crack in his voice, that frustration rearing its monstrous head. All of him tried its best to harden in a timely manner, but that seemingly insignificant experience of having one's first dream in years, the days he had spent with such an attractively repulsive creature like Makko.

Even a Sin had to have a breaking point. And it brought him shame.

One arm fell around her waist, and pulled her closer. "I do not understand you. Why are you not falling to despair? Why do you remain with me, when I've done nothing for you? An endlessly, needlessly infuriating puzzle..." A feeling of sickness burned at the core of his gut.

"I am Simeon, the Deadly Sin of Sloth. An embodiment of mankind's apathy, mankind's melancholy, mankind's willing inaction. This behavior is unfitting." And yet, at the same time, why was he so -concerned- about fitting into a mold made by a monster that he detests?

The shell slowly grew around him once more, though there were definite cracks evident. "...Sloth does not dream. And as I am Sloth itself, I cannot dream. This is all a joke." The pale-haired man dropped his hand, and let it fall limp just behind her. "You are too much of a good girl."

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 18 2018, 12:20 PM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

“What are you talking about?” She asked, “You have been nice to me, you allow me to stay by your side and you have been teaching me how to read.” Makko paused when she felt his hand around her waist.

“I don’t really notice when you insult me. But even if I did, your actions teach me that deep down that…” Makko paused once more, should she say that she thinks he cares? Would he agree to that?

“T-That...” Makko kept thinking what to say next. Did he really care? She wondered why he was teaching her to read. So she would be less dumb? It wasn’t like she didn’t know that she was uneducated. Maybe his words were just too smart for her. Maybe his belittling had more depth to it than she thought.

“Why do you insult me?” She asked, looking at him with a confused face. “To break me apart?” After all, all he does to people is cause them to feel miserable. But she didn’t feel like that, could she even feel miserable? Were his powers not working on her?

“You haven’t seen me stressed. I worry a lot but ever since I’ve had you around I worry less. You always seem to have a plan…” Makko was the kind to push herself in bad times, although she filled herself with worry and cried about it she still kept doing what she did, what she had to do to survive. Giving up wasn’t really what she thought about it, it never came to her mind.

Makko was the opposite of Simeon, to an extreme level. She kept herself busy, no matter what, she never gave herself time to enjoy the world. And now she is and there is so much she wanted to see and try. If it weren’t for Simeon, she would still be delivering packages because she needed the money to live.

“Maybe once I start to understand what you are saying…” She paused “then I’ll break apart? Before you, I always worried and I was scared… I cried a lot. On the inside, I am very insecure.” But she covered it up with hope.

She paused once more and she could feel his hand fall off of her. “Is that a rule? That you aren’t supposed to have dreams because you’re a deadly sin?”

She really didn’t know how to feel or what to say. All the sudden she has mixed feelings. Despair… has she ever felt that? “I’m sorry.” Was all she could bring out, she looked away, hiding her face from him.

“I stuck to you because I like you. You’re very interesting, it’s like you’re the opposite of me. You have no emotions while I’m filled with them. I always try to do things to make you react.”
She finally sighed. “We have nothing in common, and I realize now that it was selfish of me to force you to spend time with me. I was just very lonely.” She started to panic.

“Don’t listen to my excuses!” She said, looking back at him. Her eyes were watery, “they aren’t acceptable!” She shot up from the bed, all of the worries of being alone started to flood her.

“I’m sorry!” Quickly she left the room. She started to walk out of the inn, she really liked Simeon but it was bad of her to force him to spend time with her. After all, now he feels… horrible and confused. She wiped her eyes dry as she made her way to the courier’s office. In the end, she didn’t care how she felt, it was important that Simeon was happy. And it seems with Makko around, he wasn’t.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 19 2018, 03:36 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

Was that truly kindness? He'd not felt such in so long, lost in agonizing thoughts for much of those fifty years, and then converted to a Sin for the rest. All this time, he had been upon the receiving end rather than in a position, willingly, to give. It was a cruelty that matched the descriptor 'enemy of the world', and he did not mind. But, it was different from one's own preferences.

"That...?" Simeon waited for her to continue, his head tilted in his curiosity for what she might speak next. She was hesitating. Why was she hesitating? Was she finally beginning to understand his words in retrospect? Even if it was his goal all along, there was something within him that wished that it wasn't so.

"Yes... yes, as a Sin, that is what I am to do. But..." And then, he hesitated. Hesitation was fear, but what was he fearing? "I... perhaps..." The words wouldn't dislodge themselves from his throat, and his body shook, as if repulsed by his own incapability. These days were nothing to the century he had lived. Yet, they were of great significance. That single dream, as well.

It was when she continued speaking that he understood, he broke the puzzle. He should have realized before. She sought people for companionship, friendship. There wasn't any other reason for her attaching to him. It was, indeed, innocence. It brought to his mind Gwyn, how that angel approached him despite his attempts to break him as well.

Before he could speak up, however, all of it culminated into piece de resistance of Sloth's goal: tears. The smiling girl had ceased smiling, and her eyes sparkled with a burdening sadness. "Makko, please." His body couldn't move. Why couldn't he move? It was only when he identified it as that fear, his own hesitation, that she had begun to leave.

"Makko!" The Sin rose from the bed, and began a run down the hall of the inn, and towards its entrance. Once he had opened the doors in his haste, she had already disappeared within Gaothaire's morning rush, the streets dotted with people moving to and fro, like worker ants in a hive.

Feeling an inexplicable weakness, he dropped to his knees at the inn's doorway, his back hunched and body slumped. And just as inexplicably, his lips curled into a smile. He laughed. He laughed and laughed and laughed, as if he had just heard the funniest joke in the world. And that joke...

"This joke... this is all, indeed, a joke. All of it. And I see now that you were not a standalone puzzle, but the joke's very punchline." Maniacal laughter ceased as onlookers gathered, and he curled his arms around himself in self-embrace. "You were my punchline, as well. In the end, I was also a joke."

And was it not that a joke took the form of a question? To that analogy, she was an answer. His answer.

Ah. He was being contacted. Though he shivered and near-vomited upon the cobble underneath him, he did not have time to suffer. There was work to do.

@Bubbleh

liv's codes

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.