megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Punchline of a Joke, [bubbleh]
Simeon Zhirayr
“The Person That Does the Thing”
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 15 2018, 05:25 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

Simeon awoke in front of the inn room's desk, his face pressed against a marked map splayed out across its surface. How long had it been since he had last possessed consciousness? He referred to the timepiece at the edge of the desk, and sighed. Twenty-six total hours of sleep. He should stop being surprised, really.

There was a reason why he was here in Gaothaire, and it wasn't a particularly vital reason to remember. Else, he'd actually remember it. But, relenting to the possibility that it wasn't, he sighed once again and laid back against his chair. And then, from the corner of his eye, he spotted several thin books.

Ah, he'd been instructing someone on how to read. Yes, no wonder exhaustion had kicked in so early; Makko. Simply speaking to her as she was silent was draining, like dancing past arrows and bullets while attempting passage through a battlefield. Indeed, she was just like a puzzle, a puzzle that he'd grown fond of attempting to solve, but not fond enough to express it towards the puzzle itself.

Unfortunately, given the little amount of coin he had left on him, they'd only been able to afford a single inn room for the both of them. The bed was only large enough for a single person, and though he attempted to claim it for himself before Makko, this night, he'd just fallen asleep on the aforementioned desk chair.

Lifting his head, finally, he spoke up, not attempting to peer across the room for her. A groggy call outward would do. "Makko? Was your delivery successful, last night? And yes, I am finally awake. I'd not died yet, unfortunately for you."

@Bubbleh

words: idk

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 15 2018, 05:54 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

When she came back Simeon was asleep on the desk. “Hell yeah, I get the bed tonight.” She said as she jumped into it. She awoke earlier than him, as usual. He slept a lot. There have been times where she had to check if he was still breathing.

“Simeon!” She exclaimed when he awoke and talked to her. “Yes!” She said excitedly. A lot of things happened in that delivery.

“I almost died!”
She sounded a bit too enthusiastic about that fact. “But I was saved and I gained a new friend!” She got up and rushed over to the desk he was. The moment she reached she hoped on it.

“Nassor is his name!”
He was a character, total opposite of Simeon. “He couldn’t get hurt, it was awesome! I stabbed a guy in the eye!!” Her first act of violence, although it was justified, after all, she was being choked.

“You must meet him!”
She was lucky to meet him and lucky that he saved her. She was gaining friends left and right. This was the best time of her life, Simeon was teaching her how to read and now Nassor was a part of her little family.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 15 2018, 06:11 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

His room mate/student/servant/thorn in his side had propped herself up on top of his desk, on top of his -map-. The parchment tore slightly underneath her weight and excited shifting, though it was probably repairable, and only somewhat legible. One more sigh for the evening. Giving to her a far more exhausted variation of his dead-eyed expression, he placed his hands together and pressed his thumbs against his forehead.

"You are going to wake everyone around us. If you don't want us sleeping out in an alley, you'd best lower your voice. Curb your enthusiasm." Still adjusting to the light in the room, he blinked several times, and managed to squint up at her. Just staring at her, she was too bright.

And yet, even though his 'puzzle' had run the risk of dying, he didn't seem totally concerned. But, that was likely just him. "Do not get into such trouble without my supervision. I am not nearly close to unlocking your unusual mind, and I'd prefer you alive. But... you said 'Nassor'?"

The name, alone, was familiar. Yet, he'd never personally met this person. What he was certain about, however, was his allegiance: "You've already attracted another member of the Poena Damni. But, I am surprised he did not bring you down as well; I know nothing of him other than the rumors of his physical strength. Already, he sounds like an annoying handful."

He reached over toward the side of the desk, and lifted the pile of books to plant them down upon her lap. "We did not get to move onto the next chapter. You shall have to catch up to make up for my slumber. Are you going to keep seated on the desk?"

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 15 2018, 06:39 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

“Sorry.” She said lowering her voice. She easily forgets how loud she can get. She moved her face closer and Simeon was squinting at him. He was such a sleepy head, it was cute.

“Huh? He is part your group?”
She was pretty surprised, he didn’t feel like a bad guy at all. “He was super nice and gentle.” She wondered what sin Nassor represented.

She finally got off the desk and grabbed the books. “Maybe you guys aren’t as bad as you think you are…” She said as she opened a book where they left off. Reading was hard for her, some words she understood immediately but certain words made no sense. She was a slow learner but an eager one.

She had a lot of stamina for learning though, she could do it all day.

“Thank you for the lesson today.”
She smiled, Makko felt the need to thank him every time for the lesson. It was something she was extremely grateful for, although she didn’t give much a choice.

“Do you have to go on missions sometimes? When will you get one?” Makko was too curious at what exactly he does. He says bad things but is there a purpose for doing that? “Is Nassor also a sin like you?” The questions kept coming.

“Oh.” She remembered, “Made money too.” She over to the end table and grabbed the cash to give to Simeon. “Proud of me? Did I do good?” As if she needed any validation.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 15 2018, 08:14 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"He is not a Sin, only another demon servant. Perhaps, that is how he retains such emotional capacity. But, truly, I've little details on him other than what I've just said. We are not all Sins." The lesson went on as smoothly as he could have expected, and throughout it all, he seemed to be half-conscious, repeating words to himself to ensure that the words actually existed.

Fixing his map as well as he could by realigning every single fragment like its own, less-complicated puzzle, he set his face close to the surface of the desk, attempting to make sense of one of the trails he had drawn upon it. It was a difficult chore to converse and fix maps at once, especially when he was still recovering from sleep.

"They never give me forewarning. If I am needed, they prod at me until I stand up and do whatever needs to be done." Map pieces shuffled against one another, the edge of one even slicing against his fingertip. He stared at the cut, frowned, and shoved his finger into his mouth. "Mmm..."

If only he was able to provide satisfying answers with a fingertip against his tongue. The weary Simeon set his hand back down on his lap, and took whatever money that she gathered to set atop map fragments. "With this, we needn't worry about sharing a single room. At the cost of food." The money slid back towards the edge of the table for Makko to take. "You are my charge, not a dog on a leash. Decide which you'd rather live without before we make our departure in the morning. But, I am assuming that you'd rather hear my praises. So... good job."

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 15 2018, 08:30 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

"Oooh." She answered as she watched Simeon dealing with the map. She wondered what the map was for. "Are you looking for treasure?" Simeon was working with the paper and gave himself a paper cut. Makko jumped to the opportunity.

"Wait!" She said as she grabbed his hand. Her touch was warm, with a fingertip she stroked the cut. In a second the cut was healed, she smiled at her work. Patting his head as she turned to sit down on the bed.

"I don't mind sharing a room," She sometimes slept outside, so the floor was alright for her. "I don't mind sleeping on the floor." Makko said with a cheeky smile.

"Where are we going tomorrow? Does it have to do with that piece of paper?" She asked, meaning the map. She took her favorite book, a picture book for children and started to read it after the millionth time.

"And thank you!" She said excited, acting as if she was a dog getting a treat.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 16 2018, 11:53 PM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Treasure has no meaning to me, and the only reason I've decided to expend funds on inn rooms is for your sake. Here, I am determining my rounds about the city, moving from point to point. Places where people gather. Quite a few concerts here and there... but, of course, I needed to take into account your delivery routes. You've increased the difficulty of routine information gathering twofold."

A warmth made contact with the relative cold of his hand, but Simeon did not act, as the Sin of Sloth was wont to do (or not to do). The wound healed completely, a relatively minor papercut mending through seemingly magical means. Once she had released him, and his head lowered against her patting, he withdrew his hand. "I doubt I'd ever get used to that."

The room did nothing to alleviate the dreariness of the atmosphere. Too much brass and brick in this city. He shouldn't care, and usually he wouldn't, but the mere act of inhabiting an inn room like a normal person, much more alongside Makko, drained him greater than his threshold.

"No. I am the one who should not mind sleeping on the floor. You ought to take the bed." For some reason, he believed that he needed to clarify: "We'd might as well follow whatever routine we'd followed before this point. Though, I would still prefer the bed.

"As for where we are going, we are going to follow this route. There is a performance in the city. An apparently prolific pianist-composer though it'd be charitable of him to have an outdoors concert. That shall be the endpoint, if we are timely." A recollection pushed its dirty tendrils into his mind. He'd studied music as well, he remembered. Reminiscing in his current state, especially when these memories were more than several decades past, was a near-impossibility.

"Not tired? Any more general questions?"

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 17 2018, 01:22 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

"Why are you doing that?" Makko had no idea why he would plan routes. At the same time she didn't care, she'll just accept it if she got to spend more time with her best friend.

"We are going to a concert?" She closed her book, "Is that where we listen to people play music or play a story?" She watched him in his chair.

"Why are we going?" She smiled, it excited her though. She never got to see someone perform anything.

"Tired? Now I'm excited!" She said, happy that she'll get to experience proper entertainment. Concerts were for people who had money. She let her body fall on the bed, spreading her arms out, giggling to herself. She was honestly ready to squeal but she knew she had to be quiet. Ever since she met Simeon life has been so much nicer.

She suddenly shot back up, "do you think we can get something sweet after?" She climbed down the bed, getting ready to sleep on the floor. "I heard people talking about something... called frozen snow..." She tried to remember the name, all she knew was that is seemed sensational. Would they even be able to get it, probably not, she bet only the rich got to try it.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 18 2018, 02:51 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

Reaching for his pen, he made circles upon the points that he had just mentioned, its tip scratching across the map's marred surface. "Different social classes are attracted to different places, different venues." Speaking of, he suddenly doubled back and scribbled another point.

"Yes. This one is musical. Perhaps, 'tis one of the most boring types of gatherings. Whatever message these composers regurgitate universally is lost upon someone like me." The truth was that he understood, but he simply could not care. Without the message, he felt, music lacked substance. It lacked purpose.

Purpose. What a strange word.

"Everyone loves music. 'Tis a recreational activity that attracts people with information... that is, anyone and everyone relevant." With a satisfied nod at his map, he set down his pen and stretched his arms upward, rising from his chair for the first time today to loom over the bed.

"Dessert?" He seated himself at the edge of the bed, staring down at the messenger girl. "If that is what you'd like. Though, I see little point in it. 'Frozen' treats are just sugar, but... cold. And brain-numbing. So, so numbing. Are you certain you'd like that?"

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 18 2018, 05:36 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

She placed her chin on the bed edge as she watched Simeon sit on the bed. “You didn’t answer, why are we going to see a concert. Just for information? Why do you need information? For what?” She was a curious one.

“Or…” She smirked, looking at him. “Are we going to a concert cause you want to see me smile?” Makko did enjoy teasing him, probably because he was stripped of emotion. She was always curious how Simeon would react to her. He only surprised her once, when he irked that smile. Her face turned pink she thought about what he did.

“I like sweets.”
She said, trying to distract herself. “They are so nice and…” She paused, how do you explain that you like sweet things. “sweet?” She didn’t like her uncreativity.

“Will you be able to sleep?” The moment she asked she could have kicked herself. That was a dumb question. “Why am I asking…?” Finally, she let her body sink to the floor, getting ready for the night. Though she was too excited to sleep, tomorrow was going to be such a nice day, filled with fun. She couldn’t wait.

Though eventually, she fell asleep, although sleeping very little. The moment it got morning, she jumped on the bed to wake Simeon up. She jumped on the bed, making his whole body shake. “Wake up!”

@Nauta

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.