megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Sinnlosigkeit, "futility" [bubbleh]
Simeon Zhirayr
“The Person That Does the Thing”
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 14 2018, 05:51 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

He wasn't sure if she had painted the picture that he wanted her to paint. With her blushing and bashful concealing of her face, not to mention the slapping, it was unclear if she hadn't just translated all of that into another attempt at teasing than one to rip her apart verbally. An answer could have been gathered if he did plant a kiss on her, perhaps. But, that'd be a waste of effort, and it'd invite even more germs to attach to his body.

Shrugging at the question to go back, he went back to following her as she clung. More opportunities would come in the future, he imagined. He shouldn't care so much that he'd been ticked off. He shouldn't. Such a feeling was for one of the others, and it was pointless to be angry at something so weak and delicate. "I was a human once; I tried to be too big for my breeches, and then I lived for so long that I longed for death. But then, I was saved... and turned. Some of us were made into Sins, but there are others who were born as such."

Her request for further history confused him visibly, his brow raising as he looked to his side. "What? Of course travel comes with experience, and experience is knowledge. Is that not how it works? Since you've such a tedious job, I can imagine that you do not know how to read. Another pitiable piece about you. Very well." The fingers in his pockets curled to fists.

"What is it that you wish to know? I'll do my best to persuade you that none of it matters."

@Bubbleh

words: idk

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 14 2018, 01:08 PM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

"Oh?" Now Makko was curious about his past life, was he any different? "You say saved... So are you glad you're a demon now?" They kept walking back to the city, although Makko kind of wished they could just sit and talk.

"Well I travel and I hardly learn the places I have t... to go to... I get to see a lot of things though..." She admitted. It wasn't like she didn't care about the world around her, she never took the time to go and learn anything. Although she felt like there isn't she could learn given she could hardly read or write. She looked up to him and for once he seemed a little annoyed by her. At least she thought she was the reason.

"Um..." Makko paused, there was a lot she wanted to know. But she didn't want to annoy her friend more. "What is your purpose here?" She asked, "to make people miserable? Just that or is it something more?" Her question had a hard time coming out of her mouth, she felt like the answer she'll get it something she didn't want to hear.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 14 2018, 07:01 PM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"If by 'saved', you mean 'unwillingly made into a Sin despite the overwhelming desire to die'... well, actually. No. No, I am not glad, I am indifferent." As if to accentuate the point, he shrugged, the lift of his shoulders only coming up to about a couple of centimeters. There were many ways to word it, but only one of them seemed appropriate to say to someone with relatively little knowledge about the world at large.

Simeon then wondered what she meant by not experiencing the places she traveled. But, realizing that he'd been thinking behind a veil, he shook his head. "Why not? Deadlines and work? 'Tis the fault of your own sloth, your not setting time for yourself to learn and see and smell. Your wandering with me at your side is the only exception to the norm?" Did that mean that he'd unintentionally broken her streak?

Once she paused, he paused with her, though he wasn't exactly sure if it was appropriate to shake off her arm just yet. This time, however, her question truly brought the cogs in his mind to life. Purpose. Inherently, nothing possessed purpose. Purpose was a man-made concept, applied to things they wish to value, things such as themselves. "Ah." The folly of his philosophy. His hand left his pocket, and glided along her back to rest gently on her shoulder. "...Yes. That is my purpose. That is how I serve the Poena Damni. That... that must mean that I exist upon a paradox. What, then, does it mean to be truly without purpose?"

He turned his head slowly towards her. "What is your purpose?"

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 14 2018, 07:20 PM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

It was nice how he talked, even though it was still monotone it sounded genuine to her.

“No, it’s more…” She paused, why was the reason why she never really ‘experienced’ the world. She never thought about, ever since she got kicked out from her last job all she did was worry where to sleep next and how she'll pay for a meal. She couldn’t explain why she decided to stick to Simeon either. He was indifferent and in a way calming.

“I don’t always have the time to explore, sometimes I had to worry about where I’ll sleep or how I will manage to get food. Recently I got a more permanent position, so maybe now I can, now that I have fewer things to worry about.”

Makko look at him when he asked what her purpose was in the world. “You know for a very long time I couldn’t answer that question.” She said with a smile "But I think my purpose is to bring messages to people. It’s the only thing I’m good at.”

“So!” She said with a big smile. “You serve the Poena Damni? What do you have to do for them? Do you want to do it? Will I get to watch you work?” She was honestly curious about his life, with someone with so little life in them, they sure keep it going. She wondered how that was possible.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 14 2018, 08:58 PM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

Tilting his head, Simeon slowly brought his hand back into his pocket, looping his arm around Makko's once more. "The meaningless struggle that is life. No matter how far you attempt to take yourself, the earth eventually takes you. Yours is the destiny of a bottom-feeder, a feeble gnat among ants." Monotony gave way to exhaustion. "You are wishing for more than you can realistically receive. Man thrives on the exploitation of man. Think realistically."

She spoke her reason, her purpose. Or, whatever she perceived it to be. It seemed too weak, but it matched her perfectly. She was feeble, tiny. Indeed, a gnat among ants. But, what could he do to deny her of it? A purpose was something for which to struggle, even if the struggle was meaningless. "I see. But, how slothful of you to even think that sending messages is the only thing of which you are capable. After all, you had just admitted that you do not have much experience with the world."

As she went on about the Poena Damni, his lips curled into a frown. She would not belong, would not survive in the depths of Alptraum. Her life would be forfeit, fuel for Pride's agendas. It would benefit them, but indifference was always at the root of whatever he felt- and the scales had begun to tip just slightly towards a side he did not wish.

"The Poena Damni are... if this continent can be seen as a story book, we are its villains. We bring people to kneel underneath the weight of their sins, fall to depravity and despair, and then lead them towards the Tower of Joy. As I have said, I am indifferent to the work. However... I would much rather that you avoid us. To us, you are naught more than a lamb for slaughter. It may be due to my... ah... indifference that I had not yet killed you, but my siblings shan't hesitate. Please, burrow my words into the deepest recesses of your little mind and heed them as gospel."

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 15 2018, 03:36 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

When Simeon spoke of Makko being a bottom feeder, she didn’t care. It was probably true, but she was happy so it didn’t matter to her.

“Ah!” She exclaimed, “you don’t understand I am very clumsy, I just recently mastered walking.” Her flaws are a part of her, she wasn’t ashamed of them. Although she did worry how good of a job she could do, “I was destined to be a messenger. Unless you want to teach me something more useful.” Her smiled turned into a smirk.

“Are you saying you don’t want anything bad to happen to me?” She was a little surprised by his care, but it made her smirk more. She stepped closer, walking on her toes so she could have her face close to his.

“What if I just follow you around instead?” She wanted to follow his advice after all his advice was important to her. But at the same time, she just wanted to spend more time with him. “Oh!” She exclaimed, “I’ll be your personal assistant!”

They finally reached the city. “I can find you anything you need!” She said, “that’s my destiny!” She felt pretty proud of her idea. She finally let go of his arm, skipping a few steps ahead.

“Now, sir.”
She turned around, walking backwards, to look at Simeon. “What can I get you?” She tried to keep a serious face, but all she could do is smile. This was her plan and she is sticking to it.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 15 2018, 04:09 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Strange. I'd never observed someone reacting to rejection like so, nor reach so far to come up with a response. You truly are a funny girl, because you've once again brushed off every single word I'd just said." There was no way for him to make sense of her; she was akin to an indecipherable, ancient tome.

Her smirking caught his gaze, and it did bring his head to a tilt as he tried to decipher her anyway. "You seem to be suggesting something, but I cannot tell what it is that you are suggesting. And I'd rather not consider the most obvious answer. I am certain that there are plenty more concepts your peanut-sized head might grasp."

When she set her face so close to his, Simeon's eyelid twitched, and in retaliation, he leaned over to attempt to brush his lips just slightly against hers. Without proceeding further with another teasing remark, however, he simply shrugged as he was wont to do. "Do not misconstrue my words (even if all you've done is exactly that): I do not care about you. But, you are a puzzle that I cannot solve. Until I do, I'd prefer that your life stays intact. If you are going to call yourself my personal assistant, so be it; I've yet to speak to or even hear of my own, proper servant."

Once he was released, his arms crossed behind his back, and he transformed, figuratively, into an officer of an army, studying his new subordinate. "Firstly, I do not want, therefore I needn't anything retrieved for me. Instead, I'd prefer your continuing to ask questions. Anything at all to enlighten you, as an enlightened servant is a useful servant. But, we needn't engage in such theatrics in the middle of the city, so it'd be best to cease."

@Bubbleh

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 15 2018, 04:46 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

She knew he would give in, although he didn’t exactly have a choice. To her it was sweet that he wanted her more enlightened, was it because she was his servant not or just cause he cares. Even though he has stated that he doesn’t care, Makko believed he did care, even it’s only a little.

“You’ll want something at some point.” She said determinedly “or need!” Makko corrected herself. She turned back around, letting Simeon reach her so she grab a hold of his arm again.

“I hope you have an extra room, I’m at your service 24/7!" She said cheeky, she felt like she had weaselled herself into a great deal.

“Will you teach me how to read?” She asked excited, “A good servant needs to be able to read, no?” He wanted to enlighten her after all, she isn’t going to pass down that offer.

“You must show me everything.”
She added emphasis to everything. She couldn’t help but feel excited, her smile was big and had to giggle. “My friend.” She whispered to herself, happy to be alone anymore. She longed for social interaction for such a long time. Maybe she should cling onto more people, it seems to work.

@Nauta

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.