megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Sinnlosigkeit, "futility" [bubbleh]
Simeon Zhirayr
“The Person That Does the Thing”
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 12 2018, 07:45 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

Oh no. It must have been some form of blunt-force trauma in the past that could have caused her to babble on about something so meaningless, or something so correct about the wrong part of something that he had addressed. "Had anyone ever told you that you've the sharpness of a rubber ball, girl?"

Despite Makko's offer, Simeon refused, as she had probably expected. He wasn't going to waste his time frolicking uselessly in the water when he could be, instead, being useless in a place with less effort necessary to be this useless. "I read, sleep, toy with people, and occasionally visit a brothel if my boredom eggs me into it." Blunt, and to the point. Hopefully, by now, she understood what sort of person he was, and if she did, she'd cease her attempts at being amicable.

At first, he did not answer the rapid fire questions that escaped her lips like rain from a storm, only shrugging and murmuring when she considered where to eat. "Again, don't you have a job? Eat at the first eatery you see." Nothing about this girl made sense.

"I don't care for the reception nor sending of letters; if people require me, they seek me out. And I don't need anything from them. I'm certain someone as... sickeningly talkative as you receives many of them. Exhausting, having to answer each and every one of them, hm? And don't you wish for something less bothersome? Something that does not require a constant scramble here and there? Given your seeming lack of experience with the city about us, you're not even from Xipilkha, are you?"

It was his turn to ask questions, his turn to dissect her, rend her apart, discover what sort of weakness she possessed in order to best dissuade her and break her. Because, at the moment, it seemed the latter was the most likely way of expediting the path to his relatively tiny goal built up on one of his whims. It was supposed to be a simple task.

@Bubbleh

words: 336

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 13 2018, 04:28 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

"My name is Makko, not girl." She said with a little annoyance, "and I never got to go to school, I know I'm stupid." She didn't like to admit that, although she knew that everyone knew she was dumb. It still hurts when they point it out though.

She didn't add anything when he spoke about his indecencies, the toying with people worried her. So his reason to be near Makko was to toy with her. She didn't like that thought, but none the less she'll stay his friend.

"I don't even have an address and I can't read or write." She admitted, she never got a letter. She would love to receive one, one day. Although she wouldn't be able to read it, the thought counts.

"This is my first time here." She said with a smile as she walked around, she looked over to Simeon. "Are you from here?" She asked, "Can you show me around?" She asked excited, ready to grab his arm.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 13 2018, 04:47 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Figured as much." Simeon looked out towards the other end of the nearest road, pressing down on a closed fist to crack knuckles, one hand at a time. It was impossible for him to get used to all of this noise; Pluviall was much quieter, and the cold wasn't a deterring factor. But, it'd be pointless to have two Hands in one region.

"You are what anyone else would call a 'drifter'. No capability in a civilized world. If I might make a conjecture, your entire purpose is this delivery service? And your willingness to cling to someone like me... why... could it be?" Without waiting for her grip, he attempted to loop his arm over her shoulders, drawing her closer. "You've no one to call a friend?"

But, just as suddenly, he released her, sweeping a gloved hand underneath his arm. "Whatever. I have a near-endless amount of time on my hands. But, if you insist, then I will accompany you wherever you may travel. Maybe one day, you'll realize your inherent worth, or the lack thereof." Sloth averted his gaze, and held out his arm for her to grab once more.

"After all," the Sin murmured. "It is, technically, my duty. Let us go. We'll go where eveeeeer you wish. You'll not break my shell."

@Bubbleh

words: 226

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 13 2018, 05:25 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

He pulled her closer and it made her blush. When he spoke about her not having a friend, she wasn't scared to admit that. "Nope, I got no friends." She paused, her face still red. "Besides you." 'She watched him as he let go of her, talking about how he'll stick around for her.

A large smile formed on her face, "really?!" She asked excited, holding onto his open arm for her. Finally, a friend she can talk to, no more loneliness. The fact that he said he won't leave her, made her decide to find the delivery. Back to the sender, this package goes.

"'To bring this package back, we got to go out of the town," Makko explained, finally talking about finishing the delivery. Now she didn't have to worry about saying goodbye to Simeon and she didn't need to make an excuse to stall time. She started to lead her way back out of town, despite being here for the first time she knew where to go. Her orientation was the best, she was never lost.

She never let go of him, there was still some kind of worry he might leave. "You're silly, you don't have a shell to break..." She giggled, not realizing he meant it figuratively.

"Did you kill the man in the apartment?" She asked on a serious note. She had no idea how to explain that no one was there to receive the package.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 13 2018, 06:10 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Your definition of the word, 'friend', is most definitely flawed. That, too, will develop in time. Maybe. Who'd know? Not I. You would." Despite his reassurances, slimy as they were, he still seemed to refuse to grant her a smile, perpetual lethargy marking his face.

The following continued, even as they began to leave the city's limits. "Did you lose your appetite?" With the woman attached to his arm, he treated the seeming ordeal with the same amount of expression he had been giving her since their meeting. "Where are you set to go, then? Besides your appetite, it seems as though you've lost your want to explore the city as well. Unless you've already begun to fancy me?"

Deadpan. Monotone. No matter his words, his tone couldn't extend outwards from that singular range. It was obviously that he couldn't match giggles with giggles, or goofy lilts with goofy lilts. Even as he answered her question with the affirmative. Sort of. "If you wish to be technical, he killed himself. But, among my abilities is drawing into one's mind crippling hopelessness. Your mind is likely imploding within itself right now, yes?"

To prompt an answer, he side-stepped closer to her, nudging her shoulder with his arm. "Tell me that it is."

@Bubbleh

words: 219

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 13 2018, 06:57 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

There was zero emotion with his words. She had no clue how he felt, but his actions spoke louder. She didn’t care that he didn’t see her as his friend if he hated her so much he wouldn’t be here. He wouldn’t allow her to stick to him like glue.

“Yeah, I’m not hungry anymore.” She lied, surprised he didn’t see through her façade. Her smile never left when they reached the outskirts of the city.

“Fancy you?”
She teased, she got close. “I loooooove you.” She wondered how he would react to that. Will he show some kind of emotion? She looked into his eyes, hopeful a glimmer would reflect back at her.

She moved back to her position, still holding onto his arm as he explained what happened to the man. She didn’t understand what he meant. He killed himself? She looked confused ahead of her. Then what was he doing in his apartment? Was his power to make people feel horrible? Was he using it on her? There was doubt, she felt too happy right now.

“Mmm, yes.” She teased, her smile creeping back. They went along a dirt road, the area around them was beaming with green. She led the way to a small village near by and it didn’t take long for them to reach a house. She knocked the door only for a slender man to answer it. He looked at the package and his turned into anger. Finally, she let go of Simeon.

“I’m sorry to inform that the recipient couldn’t accept the package.” Makko looked at the man, her face showed clear sorrow. She was too scared to explain that his possible friend or co-worker had died.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 13 2018, 08:26 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

Simeon rolled his eyes, stepping the opposite direction so that they returned to normal-person spacing rather than whatever uncomfortable proximity-based teasing they were both engaging in. "Says the girl whose only friend is a layabout murderer. Nice attempt, though. I nearly laughed," he lied, sarcasm striping his words. No. That was not going to break him, and he saw it as it was: a sledgehammer to his barrier that'd bounce backward.

As he was prone to do, he pushed both of his hands into his pockets, bending his elbow outward for her to maintain a steady grip while the sound of civilization faded into nothing. What were once cobbles became dirt, dust staining the dark fringes of his boots.

"You didn't seem to understand a word I said. The Deadly Sins of the Poena Damni aren't to be underestimated or belittled, nor should any demon. Even if all are lesser to us. Or... so She might say. Have you heard of the events that had occurred in Aligheri?" Probably not. And it wasn't a situation in which he had been involved.

As soon as she released him once they arrived at the spot, he once again began to rub at his sleeve, purging it of any Makko-germs she might have given to him. Naivety could be contagious. And then, he looked up at the man, the apparent sender, and let out a loud, loud yawn.

Unprovoked, it seemed, he spoke out. "And I am here to inform you of information that your chosen delivery lady may not be able to push out from her lips: your friend or customer had died before it could have been delivered. Unfortunately, the weight of the world seemed to have crushed him. Found rope. And dust, so consider the possibility that your customer was a supernatural?"

A lie. All who fell completely into Noontide suffered from temporal acceleration that decayed their bodies to dust at the very instant. But, even if he was the sender, the man had no business to know.

@Bubbleh

words: idk

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 13 2018, 09:45 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

The man looked more angry than sad when Simeon spoke about the death of the recipient. He snatched the package and slammed the door on them. Makko looked at Simeon, smacked his chest with the back of her hand.

“That’s harsh Simeon.” She spoke, “what if they were close friends!” She turned around and stepped off his porch. “Now I might get a complaint.” Although she had to be honest, she didn’t really care.

Either she could go to the courier's office and get a new delivery or spend the rest of the day with Simeon. The moment she was off the porch she turned around with her hands together behind her back.

“Shall we go sight-seeing? “ She smiled, almost like a smirk. “You said something deadly sins, explain to me. What happened in uh…” She paused trying to remember what the place was called. “Algeri?"Clearly getting the word wrong.

“Are you really dangerous?” She asked, “what are you going to do to me?” She didn’t understand that she could be close to death. That he could kill her if she spoke the wrong words.

"What's stopping you now?" She asked now her smile turning into a smirk. "Do you maybe faaaancy me?" Making sure to emphasize the word fancy as she looked up to his monotone face that still has yet to show any emotion.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 13 2018, 11:00 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Friendships are ephemeral, Makko. They're examples of symbiosis among the living, an active exchange process that ends once a single party is satisfied. He shall get over it." Now focusing on rubbing off aforementioned Makko-germs from his chest, he let go of a sigh, squinting at the floor. He wasn't charismatic. Nobody would think that the Sin of Sloth would be charismatic. They didn't go together.

As if it was automatic, he extended his elbow outward for the human to hold. "I thought you traveled? You do not know of its fate? How the earth beneath it split open and laid bare the Tower of Joy? How it sprung out demons from the depths of Alptraum? How people travel in droves to enter it in order to reach happiness and never return?"

Regardless of whether or not she took his arm, he took a total of two slow, slow steps forward, nearly waiting for her to take the lead once more. "Go wherever. The Deadly Sins of the Poena Damni are seven powerful demons, each representing one of humanity's cardinal sins. I am Sloth, for instance, so you may be able to understand what to expect from the rest of us. That isn't to say we are the only part of the Poena Damni. We've other demons underneath our ranks as well."

The reason he stopped at two steps was her ridiculous question, another attempt to break him down. As much as he did not care, he was somehow compelled to answer her. And he did not know why. It must be frustration, an emotion he wouldn't expect to feel by means of a human's intervention. "I believe that you are projecting. Every sin is a perversion of a base need except for Sloth, the utter absence of desire. While you've a form I wouldn't mind having against me, any other 'feeling' that would be evoked is non-existent. I. Am. Sloth."

Once again, he opted to metaphorically duel with her, stepping uncomfortably close to her and lifting her chin with a single finger to level her gaze with his. "What of you? Trying to see the light within me. Grooming this exotic-looking, mysterious, pallid, young man to become capable of love? Affection? A speck of care? I can kill you where you stand and you'd not be aware that it was me, but not at all. My role is to break people down into their basest, purge them of the world-colored paint they slathered upon their bodies so that they understand that there is nothing to living than preparing to die."

For the first time, his lips curled into an irked smile. "If you'd like, I can kiss you. It'd be like embracing a rock."

@Bubbleh

words: idk

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 13 2018, 11:35 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

Makko went silent when Simeon spoke, he spoke of having no desire. That confused her, everyone is driven by some sort desire or ambition. Makko blushed when he got closer, using his finger to make her look up to him. He spoke about breaking people, something she can imagine he does well. It speaks as if he knows the world, unlike Makko.

Her face turned redder when he spoke about kissing her. When he finally showed some kind of emotion, a smile with annoyance she turned wide-eyed. “N-no.” She stuttered, taking a step back to put space between them. She quickly turned around without a word, she felt flustered. She didn’t even think about him recuperating the teasing.

She rubbed and softly slapped her face in the hopes that the redness will go away. She turned back to him and smiled. “Let’s go back, yeah?”

She walked back to him, got a hold of his arm and started to walk again. “Were you always a deadly sin?” She asked, actually curious what they were “so you’re a demon…” She understands that there are different races in the world, even though she traveled a lot she didn’t get to learn about the places she went to.

“I know you said that I travel, is that suppose to mean I know about history?” She asked, "I don’t understand the world I live in…Tell me what I need to know.”

@Nauta

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.