megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Sinnlosigkeit, "futility" [bubbleh]
Simeon Zhirayr
“The Person That Does the Thing”
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 10 2018, 08:12 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Along the city streets crawled lines, orderly, but without direction, strings and strings of centipedes scrambling about roads, admiring the sights and purchasing from their shops. This was life upon one of the largest cities in Sium, and it made perfect sense as to why so many people would flock to this corner of the continent; it was exceptionally diverse, utterly amazing with its variety, and the weather was too perfect.

While the sun shined down upon civilian and tourist alike in such a perfect day, a certain, pale figure remained inside of an apartment of sorts, a small home that had might as well be a single-roomed hovel. Its typical inhabitant, a young, spectacled man with a fascination for abstract magicks, was tied up and shoved into the corner of the room. And then, he was transmuted into literal dust, only that and the remnants of his bindings where he was once placed present.

Meanwhile, the invader, Simeon, laid himself flat upon his bed, chewing and sucking upon this boiled sugar confectionery attached to a stick. The uncaring houseguest that he was, he was still completely dressed, the heels of his sandy boots pressed against the sheeted mattress. There wasn't a particular reason as to why he was in the city, for such a large city possessed a correspondingly large amount of security. Any misstep would place the Cross on his tail.

And, unfortunately, he'd made his first misstep: the man he had just eliminated was expecting a package that day, containing roughly seven vials of quicksilver and three pouches of gunpowder. Whatever strange alchemical project he was working on, they would unfortunately not find a use.

Mercy to the poor messenger who'd inevitably come to deliver this pointless package.

@Bubbleh
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 10 2018, 09:14 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

Xoanan, this was Makko first time being here. It was beautiful, every corner of the city made her stare in awe. She had a firm grip on the package as she tried her best to slip through the cracks of the crowd. The crowd was making her freak out but she pushed herself. Eventually, she reached a building, the crowd was gone by then. She sighed, happy to be out of the Menschenmenge.

It was hot as Makko knocked on the door. Sweat was running down her forehead as she knocked again. Still no answer her eyes reverted down to the package. "Odd the sender said he would definitely be home." Her thoughts process the information, maybe the man was asleep. She knocked harder so that the sound was loud. The hard-knocking made the door creaked open.

Without much thought, she poked her head inside the apartment. Cold air reached her face, it felt pleasant to her skin. It was a one-room apartment, shades on the door kept the sun out and the cold in.

Makko looked around, there was someone laying on the bed. "Sir..." She whispered softly "your package..." Makko stepped into the building, letting the package guide her closer to the man in bed. She didn't question why he wore his sandy boots to bed,

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 10 2018, 10:55 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

There was that ringing in his ear for which he could not identify its source. It was not, objectively speaking, the sound of actual 'ringing'. Rather, it was a knock. Several of them. They became more and more intense as time went on and as he maintained his position on top of the bed, laying around as if it was his own. Through a gaze into the bigger picture, however, it was probably quite strange that a proxy would be resting when the main body in Alptraum was doing the same, and both required no need of it.

The slamming against the door finally dislodged it from its place, loosening the knob and the screws so that it drifted open. The wave of heat immediately struck him, and finally rising to meet whomever had come to enter the room with a raised flintlock pistol, Simeon was only inwardly surprised at the sight of a young woman carrying what seemed to be a package. Crap.

He loosened his grip around the pistol, letting it hang by its trigger guard around his finger, and then finally setting it back into its holster. "Oh. I suppose that I've forgotten." From the bed, he got up onto his feet and approached carefully, momentarily glancing behind him at the ash and rope in the corner of the room. And then, as he snatched the package from her hand, he stepped toward the door, stopping once he could serve as the barrier between herself and her only way out save for the couple of closed windows at the opposite end of the living space.

"Except... not. 'Tis not -my- package." Simeon turned on his heel, and dropped said package on the floor with little care for its contents. Even with consideration that it could have been a bomb, he likely would have still dropped it. "If I were to make a guess, you're just another underpaid laborer, working at some sort of dead-end job. Little chance of rising in stratum. Pitiable, really."

The man that greeted Makko in the original recipient's stead was exceptionally pale, like a corpse that had decided that it had enough of laying down. Even his eyes were lifeless and without light. "It was rude of you, knocking down doors like you did. Redeem yourself by giving to me your name."

@Bubbleh
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 10 2018, 11:26 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

The sigh of a pistol gave Makko anxiety, she didn't exactly relax when it was gone. When he grabbed the package she flinched, watching as he dropped the package to the floor. Surprise grew in her, the package was said to be important.

"Oh, did I get the wrong-"
She spoke, never finishing her question. She listened to his words as his lifeless eyes looked at her. "I'm sorry..." She apologized at the same time she felt hurt by his comments.

"You're not very nice..."
She finally added, she was pitiful that was a pill hard to swallow. He wanted to know her name but she felt uncomfortable to share that kind of information. She felt like she was in trouble, she felt like he was going to punish her. "Makko." She quickly said, obeying his words. Makko didn't even notice how much she was staring at his face. His eyes, they caught her attention. She has never seen something like his before.

"I must have gotten the wrong address." She spoke, not losing her sight to him. "I'll just take the package and leave..." Finally, her eyes broke eye contact with him. She hoped nothing broke when he dropped it. She walked closer to it, about to pick it up.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 11 2018, 06:56 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Some people simply cannot tell the difference between 'not nice' and 'pragmatic'." He stood still, remaining a barrier between Makko and the exit. Folding his arms in front of his chest, Simeon considered the current circumstances with a tactician's acuity. It'd probably be easier to kill this woman, but why? She'd literally just come in to deliver a box, and here he was, pointing lethal weapons at her face.

But, common decency was lost upon a man who held no care in the world. His foot pushed the package towards the girl, though he did not move otherwise. "You've probably found the right address. The original recipient, however, had gone and died on you. I was always curious as to what happened to unclaimed packages."

Simeon glanced one more time at the pile of ash as if to say farewell, finally opening the door behind him as if to allow her departure. Yet... "Maker... Makki... Makko, whatever your name was. I suppose that I've time to kill." After all, someone as odd as him ought to find some sort of cover to hide behind when figuring out the lay of the land. She would serve well, if only for a little while.

It would have been difficult to tell whether or not his words were with duplicitous intent, as Sloth's voice kept at a steady monotone. "I'll follow you out. Delivery services always tickled my fancy, and the apartment's far too dusty for my liking. No, I was not waiting for you to arrive in order to make such an abrupt request. Yes, you're correct: I am suffering from the ailment known as 'boredom'. No, I am not going to find an alleyway in which to murder you. Yes, the gun is for self-defense."

@Bubbleh

words: 299

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 11 2018, 08:28 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

So he died, the man in front of her must have killed him. Should she be scared? He would have killed her already if she was in any danger. “Well…” She said unsure picking the package up. She had two options bring it back to the sender and hope for a tip or leave it here.

She sighed “I guess I gotta take it back.” Then the man spoke about spending time. She had to smile, he wanted to spend time with her? He assured her that he won’t kill her, just as she thought. At the same time, it felt like he was lying or at least it sounded like that. Ah who cares, Makko has a new friend now.

She looked at him with a full smile, she was starting to take a liking to him. The reason why was probably that this is the first person wanting to spend time with her.

“You’re my friend now.” She said, grabbing a hold of his arm and leading him out of the apartment. “Before we got back to return the package…. I want to see the beach!” She was excited, maybe a bit too excited. Her touch felt warm, which quickly became uncomfortably hot. Instead, she let go of him and turned around to check if he was still following.

The sun was out, wild colors kept the city happy and sunny. She really liked this place, it fit her like a glove.

“What should I call you?” She asked, looking at him. He still has those lifeless eyes, even being out in the sun.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 11 2018, 08:57 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

If his eyes possessed a way of displaying some indication that she was beginning to irk him, their lights would be blinking like signal flares, their message clear to see. "Reading your smile, you've suffered from a head wound or you've entirely swept past the suggestion that, perhaps, I am a dangerous person you ought to avoid, instead, regardless of his seeming promises." There was a word that was applicable to this irritating trap he'd found himself caught in. But, before it could be recalled, he'd been dragged out of the room, out into the wet heat of Xipilkha.

"Who are you to decide that I've just now become your friend...?" Simeon couldn't recall such idiocy out of a person ever, even the most brain-dead and irresponsive of infantrymen not seeming capable of drawing a line connecting 'suspicious man with a firearm' and 'friend'. But, in a way, it still brought with him the benefits of his original plan. For now, he'd have to stick with it.

Meeting her smile with that very same, dead gaze, he followed her into the sun, relenting to the human's gradually heating grip. That couldn't be normal. He could not even introduce himself properly, as now they were out in public, where the mere mention of the word 'sin' may elicit a reaction that would compromise his position.

"The beach? The... the beach?" The wheels in his head ran and ran, word association coming to play. 'Beach' equated to 'water' and 'people'. 'Water' and 'people' equated to 'recreation'. "You'd put leisure over your own work? How much are you paid for this?"

It was difficult to think in the heat, much more when her grip brought slight pain to his wrist even after its release. "If you absolutely need it, you may call me Simeon. Haven't you some sort of schedule to follow?"

@Bubbleh

words: 318

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 11 2018, 09:26 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

"If you were truly dangerous to me, I would be dead by now." She smirked Everything about him was so monotone and it was hard to read him. Makko kind of like that.

He was worried about her schedule, it was kind of cute. "Calm down, I only want to see the beach." She looked back at him, "plus rules are meant to be broken once in a while!" Makko tracked the beach down and when they finally arrive she stood there in awe. Tourists were having a blast at the beach, children making sandcastles and swimming. The residents were working, offering drinks to those that had a thirst.

"It's so pretty Simeon!" This time she grabbed his sleeve, keeping skin contact to a minimal. She didn't give her new friend any choice, dragging him through the sand to the water. She knocked her shoes off and dropped the package next to them.

She wanted to dip her toes into the water, the water was breathtaking for her. It was clear with a splash of turquoise. The sand was white and fine, oddly soft to her feet. Makko rushed over to the water, stopping right before it. With the tip of her big toe, she tried the water. It was cold and it felt good against the hot sun. She looked over to Simeon, smiling big at him. Despite all, he didn't look any different at her, as if he was tired.

She knew that he was an oddball, but somehow she felt like he has a huge heart under all that armor. No matter what, she'll stay by his side like a true friend. Even though he didn't agree with them being friends...Somehow she'll soften that idea to him, hopefully.

@Nauta
Simeon Zhirayr
Simeon Zhirayr
Jun 12 2018, 04:34 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Sloth
Sin
114 posts
currently Offline
played by Nauta

Harmony is to be
utterly stagnant

"Danger doesn't necessarily need to come from one's risk of causing death... though, I suppose there is a point to be made." She must be a liar, herself. There was no way that she could be so optimistic. No human was like that, not even he was like that. Was she even duller than Gwyn, that boy on the rooftop?

Raising his brow, he followed her along anyway, surveying the beach and its visitors like a man searching for a place on which to wage war. If it could be personified, he supposed that this girl would be its best template. "Then, rules lose their point, Makko. Humans require their rules, else everything about them turns to disorder. And disorder leads to extinction. Better a systematic method of loss of time and life than something with enough chunks and inconsistency that it'd make pancake batter blush."

Without a means of exerting his own will in the situation he was placed in, given that she had once again grabbed hold of him, Simeon continued closer to the edge of the water, the bright, sun-lit sand crunching underneath gloomy, dark boots. The same contrast could be made for his stare into Makko's sunny eyes, as if they were defying the truths of the world. Ignorance, typical of the young.

If she wishes to continue this little act of denial, then he'll utterly break her. It would be the greatest of challenges, and no doubt, it'd provide an abundance of opportunities to ruin lives on the way out.

He pressed forward, feet splashing gently against the water until he was a little closer. "Why do you think that a continental edge could provide such solace to these people? Isn't it all just sand, salt water, and unbearable heat?"

@Bubbleh

words: 302

liv's codes
Makko Mori
“Little Monkey”
Makko Mori
Jun 12 2018, 06:28 AM
Freelance
Messenger
Human
111 posts
currently Offline
played by bubbleh

„That’s silly, pancake batter can’t blush.“ When he spoke, she had to admit she felt stupid. His way of words confused her, but she still enjoyed listening to his monotone tired voice.

“Well…” Makko started, trying to think why the beach was fun for people. “Do you want to try swimming in it?” She said with a smile, walking deeper into the ocean. She lifted her dress so it won’t get wet.

The cold water felt good against her hot skin. She looked back at him, “take your shoes off!” She commanded him. There was doubt, she knew he wouldn’t go in with her. Makko just looked down, the water flow was mesmerizing and the feeling was soft and calming. It made her think how she was going to show Simeon that life is great and enjoyable. She looked over to him, his eyes, so lifeless.

She wondered what happened to him that made him so, she stepped closer to him. Finally getting out of the water. “Tell me, what do you do all day?” She was curious about what he enjoys doing, where he lives, what his job be. She also needed to know where to find him, so she can stick to him like glue.

Her first friend, she wasn’t going to let that go any time soon. “Why does courier service interest you? Do you get a lot of letters?” She poked him with more questions, she a little too eager to know more about him. Makko stepped into the dry sand which stuck to her wet feet. Makko grabbed her shoes and the package. “I guess I’ll show you what happens to this package…”

She needed to make more time, the moment he sees and learns what he wants to know he might leave her. “Oh my, look at the time.” She said cheekily “it’s break time.” Her grin was big, “Where to eat?”

@Nauta

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.