megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hushed Whispers, open
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
Jun 5 2018, 03:09 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

Titus nodded calmly as the girl began to explain about her disdain of fire. Well, certainly fire wasn't the only way to destroy fields of grass. It seemed the girl had some basic understanding of what love was, but Titus simply couldn't feel it. It of course had been quite some time since he last loved something dearly. And that was taken before his eyes twice. He chuckled softly and said, "Well, if something is beyond your capability of understanding then perhaps it is not your time or place to learn it at the moment." His interest piqued when he noticed a small village in the distance.

A perfect time to test his skills.

"Information gathering? Well, we can start in the village down here. It's quite close to Linden, after all." he said, continuing his brisk stride towards the place. It was a simple, run-of-the-mill village, but there was enough to satisfy him for the time being. "Allow me to show you a new way to interrogate others." he said smiling, creating several blades of ice, sending each of them to point at a random villager. Striding up to one, he placed an index finger on an elderly lady's chin and spoke again, "Threaten them until they give the information you ask for. And once you're finished..." he said, a slight murderous glint in his eyes, as the blade of ice became a bubble of water that quickly lashed out, trapping the old woman within. She struggled to breathe as the water scalded her skin before the bubble forcibly exploded, the woman inside forcibly torn as well.

Keeping his smile, he continued. "You can't let a witness get away with what they see after all. You try it. I do have them all wound around my finger."

Tag: @Acia

Notes: :^)

yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
Jun 5 2018, 02:34 PM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Millicent followed her new big brother blindly. Happy to be with someone during a time when she was previously alone and scare. She was the type to cling to anyone as long as they would not leave her alone. Right now she was beginning to question if she would ever see her mother again. Though Ishtar always came back to her or found her when she needed to be found the young girl knew at her core that her usefulness could dry up at any moment. She was not necessary in this world any more than the other siblings that were destroyed so long ago. "I know what that feels like. It's not a good thing..."[b] She frowned softly.

They came to a small village. Her brother mentioning that he would help her with improving her skills of interrogation. Milli really had no reason to interrogate others, but she would indulge her wonderful sibling's desire to teach her something new. She smiled sweetly as she watched the ice fly from his fingertips. He explained his methods with a level of confidence. Everyone had their own unique ways of doing things right? The poor old woman though. Was her flesh properly cooked?

The girl picked up one of the bits of the old woman's left arm. Calmly she brought it to her mouth and took a bite. Nope. It was still raw and quite chewy. Plus she tasted like old lady. Millicent quickly spit the bits of old person out of her mouth. [b]"Ew. She taste like perfume and sadness."
Theo made the mention of her trying to show him what she did. She tilted her head to the side. "Mama says I can't kill without permission. It's not a nice thing to do."
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
Jun 6 2018, 02:52 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

Titus smiled amiably and explained, "In certain situations, yes, it's wrong to kill people. But if they refuse to give you information, killing them ensures they won't feed information back to the enemy." Walking up in a stride towards a younger man, he then asked, "Now, what was it that you needed to do interrogation on? We can start with the young man here."

The icy blade pointed closer to the man's neck as his eyes seemed to look to a farther place. No doubt, he would do his best to change the girl's...passively positive perception of the world. Sium wasn't as sunshine and rainbows as she seemed to be inclined to think it was. Or maybe he was simply unlucky. "Think about it this way." he offered, crossing his arms, "You'll get practice in your field. I'll even help you clean up afterwards."

Tag: @Acia Notes: let me know if i need to change anything!

yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
Jun 6 2018, 10:58 AM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Her new brother was being quite adament that she needed to do bad things without her mother's permission. A little frown formed on Millicent's lips a she watched the blue haired male torment the poor man. Informing her that she wasn't doing anything bad by doing her job. That wasn't exactly the point. She didn't exactly have moral codes to follow. Those were things that people seemed to hold close to their heart, but for Milli it was a pointless concept. Her purpose was to make her mama happy and do what was ordered by her creators. Killing being among the list of chores she often carried out.

"You can't make me do what I don't wanna do." She pouted a bit. This man wasn't her boss even if she was a brother that she was now quite attached to. "My mama said I can't kill without permission, so that's what I gotta listen to. Or else she'll kick my legs off like that one uncle. Mama is scary when she's in the mood to do that kinda thing big brother. I think you wouldn't like it."

Still to drop the subject she removed her noise cancelers for just s few moments. With the headgear removed Millicent could hear the sounds of all the internal voices of those in the village, including that of the brother who had been lying to her about...everything. Slowly she turned to face him. Her expression calm and even more mature, as if a wisdom had been unleashed inside of her. "Brother...what I'm supposed to hunt...is you." She was quite relaxed as she pulled a few gumdrops out of her pocket and threw them on the man.

Screams of agony filled the area as the flesh began to melt from the poor victim's skin. She wasn't in the mood to deal with this task now, so she simply slipped her headgear back over her ears and smiled. "Let's go to Linden, Big Brother Titus..." She grinned. The change in name being a dead giveaway to the secrets that she now knew all too well. "If you don't fight me then I don't have to fight you, big brother." She was all giggles and sunshine as she started skipping towards the third victim. She didn't even bother to wait before she grabbed the ice and shoved it through the person's throat. "Leave no evidence and there's nothing to worry about!"
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
Jun 7 2018, 04:43 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

Titus's eyes widened slightly. In the brief span of time the two had spent together before they reached the village, he had accustomed to responding to "Theo", the once treasured name of his older brother, now deceased. Had the girl known from the start? Or perhaps she found evidence of his true self through the recent events?

Regardless of the reason, the child knowing his name put a smile on his face. "A Cross lapdog I see. So your people chase my family to the ends of the roots to ensure its destruction, I assume? I must say, it's quite an elaborate and effective strategy. Perhaps you lot have gotten much smarter...Or not."

Snapping his fingers, the remaining blades of ice dived deeply into the rest of the visible villagers' throats, before melting into a ball of boiling water and exploded, blood lining the streets. "With that being said, however..." he said stopping at the center of the small village, "You and I are at a crossroads. Should I let you go, knowing my identity would be quite the unfortunate circumstance for the peeping mind. On the other hand, it would be a waste if I simply did away with talent like yours." Drawing his blade, he continued.

"I'll give you a choice here. Keep this meeting between the two of us secret. Otherwise, we will unfortunately need to fight." His calm smiled remained, yet there was a hint of an inexplicable sadness behind his gaze.

Notes: let me know if i need to change anything
yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
Jun 7 2018, 11:05 PM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

The tone of their adventure was suddenly changing and the tiny pinkette was now so confused. They were having fun together, so why was her darling big brother was now being so mean. Threatening to fight her and calling her a lapdog. What was a lapdog? "Crux lapdog? But....what is a Crux?" She had an idea of what Crux meant, but she never really cared enough to actually learn about any organizations outside of the one she was created to serve.

"I don't wanna fight you big brother...I just..." She was so sad. She could feel the tears building up in her eyes again. "I'll go away...I didn't mean to upset you..." She wiped her eyes and whimpered. "Mama just said to observe any sins I meet. It's important to understand people outside of our organization...she encouraged me to make new friends as long as they didn't prove to be a threat to me." Millicent didn't like fighting if she could make friends instead.

The pink haired girl began backing away. "Maybe the scientists are right...I am a mistake..." She was crying now. That attachment meaning nothing on the part of the male. She decided that it would be best to just turn around and leave.
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
Jun 8 2018, 02:10 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

Titus blinked at the reaction. Out of all the reactions he was expecting, this was one that he had expected the least. Was the girl toying with him? After all, she didn't seem to know what Crux was, despite knowing his identity. That only left the question of how much the girl really knew. Did she only attribute the name to the face? Or was there more she had yet to reveal? She already was aware that he was allied with the Sins. Perhaps he was indeed jumping to conclusions too quickly.

"They sent you to hunt me down...for being a Sin? Well, it's useless for me to lie to you, but unfortunately, I'm not an actual Sin that you're likely looking for." Titus explained, calmly striding over to pat the child's head. "There is a reason for each life to exist. No life itself is a mistake, but the paths that each life chooses determines what is and isn't a mistake."

Crossing his arms, he continued, "Whether or not you wish to stick around me is a decision of your own. I do have non-Sin-related business to conduct in Linden anyways, so it's still your choice if you wish to accompany me over." He began to walk in the direction of Linden, with the intent of accomplishing his vague goals there. At the border of the village, he stopped, looking towards the sky with a distant expression. "Though...I am certainly curious. If your powers are what I think they are, then surely you are aware of what the Cross did to my family. Do what you wish with that knowledge." he said, half to himself, and half to the pink-haired girl that he wasn't even sure was still there or not, before continuing on his way.

Notes: let me know if i need to change anything! we're set to end this thread soon, yeah?
yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
Jun 8 2018, 09:07 PM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

He was comforting her after threatening her life. This strange man that she deemed her brother and gained an odd attachment to. She really didn't understand how someone could bounce from one extreme to another except for the fact that she had a talent for as well. She wiped the tears from her eyes and looked up at the male. "No you don't understand...I've killed many of my siblings because they were failures...I'm not much different. The only thing that keeps me alive is my mama." She whined softly. Ishtar was her whole reason for existing right now.

"I don't know anything about brother that wasn't on his mind when I took off my noise cancelers..." She continued to follow behind him quietly. "I've never met a sin...but I dunno what you mean by not being the one I want. Brother Titus is a good one to meet." She looked up at him. "I dunno what its like to have a family or secrets. I can't keep them from anyone...I learn most of them because of my mind picking up on the voices in other people's head...it gets noisy...so I have to wear these..." She pointed at the head gear covering her ears.

"What did they do?" She couldn't read everything in the mind, but she could take a guess as to what happened to them. "Are the Crux people bad? Mama says to stay out of their way and be good...but nothing else without a warning..."
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
Jun 9 2018, 04:43 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

So the girl had decided to come with him. Titus was certainly surprised, but he didn't let that expression show as he continued walking. "What I mean when I say I'm not the one you want is that I'm not truly a Sin." he explained, laughing a bit. "I merely serve one, and so my affiliation sits with them." Continuing on his way to Linden, he continued, "To have a family... Well, there are both good and bad things that come with being in one. On one hand you have many who care about your well-being, who appreciate you for who you are. That is a loving and caring family."

His expression growing serious, he continued, "Of course, there is the other side of the spectrum. One where despite your blood relations, there is nothing but pain, sadness, and anger. Families where perhaps a reputation was to be upheld, and death awaits those who cannot comply. That is a toxic one." Stopping briefly to make sure the pinkette caught up, he looked over his shoulder and continued, his expression slightly vacant.

"The Cross...separated my family. As the heir, I was expected to live on to carry my family's legacy. My guards were split, either killed or went missing in action, and I simply started anew." Sighing, he looked towards the sky wistfully. "When I tried to return to the estate, the place was burned to the ground with nothing remaining. It's unlikely anyone escaped." He smiled and then continued on the way.

"You mentioned you killed your siblings for being failures yes? I'm sure it had been obvious to you, but the weight of guilt that I carry was from me being forced to murder my oldest brother. He had no magical talent and in my household, that was frowned upon." he said. Linden peaked around the horizon, the sun setting as well. "Well. I'm afraid we'll have to continue this discussion some other time. We've reached out destination, and this is where you and I part ways."

Notes: let me know if i need to change anything!
yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
Jun 9 2018, 08:29 PM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Millicent followed in silence as she listened to Titus speak about his past and what happened to his family. She studied his expressions closely. He seemed to be so sad at the idea of having lost them. Though as she thought about it losing her own mothers was something she could never bare to imagine. She still didn't entirely understand, but she knew that her mothers cared for her wellbeing most of the time, so long as she did as instructed like so many other members of their organization. "I kind of understand that feeling I suppose."

She smiled as they came to the outskirts of Linden. The farming town was certainly a welcome sight to her as she skipped ahead of her newly claimed sibling. "Well big brother Titus I liked our trip together!" She grinned brightly before pouncing on the servant and giving him a big hug. "This was lots of fun. Thank you! Next time I'll remember to get enough candy to share with you."

Milli released him quickly and took off running into the village. Finding her mother while she hunted for specimen was going to be a fun adventure to say the least, but she knew it was going to be an adventure worth having.

[EXIT]

@kyoka Its good for the closing now.

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.