megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hushed Whispers, open
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
May 8 2018, 10:44 PM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

It was a scene that Titus was familiar with all too well. He could remember the screams, his screams to be exact, the day he was commanded to kill his own brother. He could feel it, the anger in his father's words, the despair in his mother's eyes. That expression too was quickly transformed into one of disgust. He watched only in horror as his child self screamed from the pain of burning flesh. And it would soon be over. Eyes devoid of emotion as the blade was brought down upon the head. And everything went black.

Titus gasped as he sat up, finding himself in the vast sprawl of grass. What was originally supposed to be a meditation session quickl became a nightmare-fueled trip down memory lane. It wasn't the first time this happened though, Titus was aware that he was constantly experiencing such nightmares, expecially during his short time as a mercenary. The constant task requiered of him was to kill his targets, and each time he did, he would be brought back to that day.

Was it not his duty to have slain his brother? His brother had no magic and no trace of Sillage. And yet, he probably would have made a much better leader than Titus, who only led the house to its destruction. It wasn't right to dwell on the past though. It had already happened and nothing could be done to rewind time. That was just stupid.

Instead the opposite needed to be done. Titus decided he'd look towards the future. Grasping his blade and setting it down in front of him, he sighed. "Now then. How shall I conduct research today?" he asked himself. It had been a good year or two since Ava's revival as a Sin, and he had yet to be called upon for assistance. Whatever, she was probably busy on her end trying to figure out how the accident even happened in the first place, which was totally fine to Titus. He'd focus on getting his own ass in gear.

The prospect of that happening quickly became zero as he readied his hand towards his sword again, all sorts of indicators going off around him that something wasn't right. Did he flood the village earlier a little too much? Hopefully it wasn't more trouble. "I'm afraid if you were trying to get a jump on me, then you have unfortunately failed. Step out of the shadows so I can see the person who wants my attention." he said, his hand on his blade and his face towards the bush where he'd heard a stick break.

Tag: open
Notes:
yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
May 30 2018, 01:18 AM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Grass was weird. She really didn't like it because it smelled...well grassy. The annoying green color and the way it poked at her feet. It was annoying and it made the pink haired female want to puke. Not like the 'I'm gonna gag because its gross' puke but the pregnant and projectile vomit kind of puke that humanoid females had a tendency to enjoy in the form known as morning sickness. Of course Millicent wasn't pregnant. Honestly she didn't even understand how the whole baby thing worked. She had two mothers and was a creation of science. Babies were...also weird.

Still the grass and the greeness was better than that icy dumping ground of Seracier. It wasn't a secret that much like her mama Millicent hated being stuck at home. Going anywhere except home was nice. How she ended up in the Itzel Grasslands though was left with many more questions than answers. She wasn't supposed to be out by herself. In fact she felt a little scared at the idea of being lost. Sure she was a good tracker, but when there wasn't a path to track...well she was hopeless.

She a burning sensation in her eyes. Clear liquids started leaking out from her tear ducts as she wiped them. Wandering around and stepping on a stick. Being all by herself was scary and stupid. Why was she all by herself? A while left her mouth as she heard the sound of someone calling out to her. The voice stating that sneaking up on them was pointless pretty much. What did he know? She wasn't sneaking up on anyone as she continued to rub her eyes and whine.

Milli was small even if her curves clearly showed she was a female. Her size certainly didn't convey any form of danger as she continued to cry even as she stumbled out of the bushes and into the view of the blue haired figure. The young woman only uttering a single statement to make the situation clear. "I'm lost."
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
May 30 2018, 05:35 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

He blinked as a small girl popped out of the bushes, declaring herself lost. This girl...she carried an air of a small child, and yet, was built like a fully grown woman. Well. There were much weirder things that happened in Sium anyways. His hand leaving the blade, he snorted, and then let out a small chuckle. "Haha. I suppose we all are kind of lost in a way, aren't we?" he asked as the tearing girl approached him. His tense shoulders relaxed as he sort of breathed a sigh of relief.

"Where's your next destination? I can guide you there." he offered, standing up and placing the sword back on his side. "Unless you're, uh, completely lost. Like a hundred percent. I'm afraid I won't be able to help you there." he added, a soft smile on his face. It wasn't every day that someone walked up to him lost and confused.

In fact, the last time that happened, it was Ava, who made the same joke about him being lost, adding on the stupid nickname that warranted her swift return to Alptraum. Was that too much? Perhaps. Maybe him killing Ava over and over only made it more annoying to Pride which he...kind of found funny in a way. Chuckling at that thought, he asked the approaching girl, "Is there a name you go by, or shall I address you as 'girl'?"

Tag: @Acia
Notes:
yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
May 31 2018, 12:08 AM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

It must have been strange for a grown man to see a girl like her out in the middle of a grassy area like this. On the surface Millicent could easily pass for a grown woman, but developmentally she hardly surpassed that of a small child sometimes. Her emotional growth was just such a mess, but her mind was a sharp as a blade when she needed it to be. She continued to wipe the tears away as her current companion questioned her about where she was going. What was the last palce mama mentioned going to? Right...she was going to go investigate something around Linden. That was certainly a far distance from here.

"My mama spoke of Linden. Something was in Linden and I'm not supposed to be alone. I could get taken or something worse." She motioned to the collar on her neck. The last thing she wanted was to end up dying because she managed to get lost in a place as simple as Xipilkha. Honestly she had no idea how she managed to get all the way to these grasslands. All she wanted to do was find a good candy store during a time of impatience.

"Millicent....my creators called me Millicent, but Mama says I can also be called Milli...which makes me happier." She smiled softly at the male before tilting her head to the side. "Does Mr. Stranger have a name?"
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
May 31 2018, 04:33 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

Oh so the girl was separated from her mother? That figures. Linden didn't seem to be too far away anyways, and he could always start finding Ava there. Chuckling he said, "Well. You're certainly not alone if I'm taking you there." And possibly flooding the village there too. Someone had to do Ava's work for her. He raised an eyebrow at the mention of a creator though, and so he crossed his arms.

"A creator you say? So what you're saying is you were made? In a lab? Fascinating." Smiling, he continued, "In a way, the way I am now also happened as a result of a failed lab experiment. I suppose that's one thing that makes us alike." He began walking towards the direction of Linden, as he called out behind him, "Millicent...That's a wonderful name. I hope you cherish it dearly."

Waiting for Millicent to catch up, he said, "As for my name, you may refer to me as...Theo. Yes." He smiled at her and then turned to walk towards Linden. There really wasn't much need for the girl to know who he was. They were simply passing by, after all. Until a circumstance arose where he'd need to divulge his name, he'd simply wait. Unless of course, a certain someone decided to crash the party. Thankfully, he didn't sense her presence anywhere near him, so he deemed himself safe.

For now.

Notes:
yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
May 31 2018, 11:16 PM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Theo was a strange man, but most people were weird. Her mother taught her that much about the world. People couldn't always be trusted because of their motivations in the world, but Millicent wasn't completely helpless...She just didn't like being by herself all the time. Ishtar should've known better than to let her curious child wander off by herself. She had a special skill for getting mixed in with the wrong crowd. Her mama often compared her to the Princess that bird man was dating. The one named after a bean or something...Rooster? No....that wasn't right. Roux! Yes that guy who mama liked to pester because of his pretty face. She personally thought Eres could do better. Her Aunt was a queen and he was....gross.

She didn't bother to ask as she followed the man and causally took his hand. She held onto him gently as they headed in the direction of Linden. It was funny considering it was in almost the complete opposite direction of her previous wandering. So was she going backwards now? The pink haired girl was getting so confused by the directions. "You were created by sciencey things too?!" Her eyes lit up as she stared at him. Was he one of her siblings that she never met? Not that couldn't be possible since most of her beloved siblings were slaughtered with her own two hands. Plus he was pretty and most of them were ugly honestly.

"You have a very pretty face Brother Theo." She smiled cutely. Admiring people for their beauty was something she enjoyed doing. "How do you know your way around so much, brother? Are you like really really smart or part bird maybe?"
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
Jun 2 2018, 05:28 AM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

"Well well." he simply said smiling brightly. "In a way yes. Perhaps not by the same people or under the same circumstance, but yes." It was a half truth anyways. Ava did indeed create him, but from casting away several properties of his old body, accidentally fusing him with a new one. Well, he trusted that she would find an answer to why it failed anyways. He technically died from that so at the very least, Ava could help in that department.

As the young woman complimented Titus's face, he simply chuckled. "Well now, that isn't really something I hear every day, but a compliment nonetheless. I thank you for that." As the two continued walking, Millicent brought up a question of how he knew his way around and asked if he was a bird or something. Blinking for a moment and then laughing, he replied, "Me? A bird? Well, if I truly was a bird, we wouldn't be having this conversation now, would we?" He continued to laugh to himself and shook his head. "I'm simply from around these parts." he said, offering another lie, "I do some odd jobs here and there, so it isn't really surprising, honestly."

Notes:

yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
Jun 4 2018, 02:26 AM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Millicent was an easily excitable child, so getting the chance to learn as much as possible about her current companion made her extremely happy. The pink haired female grinned widely as she stretched her arms up towards the sky and allowed her joints to release a popping sound. It was quite refreshing to be with someone outside of her home and even without the watchful eye of her wonderful mothers. She was typically a good girl and loved staying beside them, but if moments like these allowed her to go out and make new friends then it was all worth it.

"Grass is so icky, but it can be nice when it's not making my skin all scratchy and uncomfortable." He thanked her for her compliment about his face and that idea confused Milli a great deal. Wasn't it a normal form of interaction to be nice and say nice things about the people you were with? No matter how random and obscure that interaction may be it was always important to pull one piece of something good from it. "So you are from around these lands? How odd. My home is far from here. There is lots of powdery white stuff that is cold to the touch. Mama calls it snow, but it's just terrible. So we go see Auntie Eres instead!" She grinned at the idea of visiting her aunt. She loved her dearly.

"You have people you love lots too...right brother?" For whatever reason she seemed to be developing quite the attachment to the male. Though it wasn't exactly hard for Milli to grow attached to someone as long as they did good things most of the time. Of course no one was perfect, but so long as she had her noise cancelers on she was a perfectly pleasant individual that liked to get excited over topics. "You grew up here so you must have a handler nearby right?"
Titus Izmir
“Scion of Water”
Titus Izmir
Jun 4 2018, 10:14 PM
Poena Damni
Servant
falcon demon
10 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hushed Whispers

The girl was certainly quirky and had a charm of her own. He stifled a chuckle as he listened to her complain about the grass and how it made Millicent uncomfortable. "I would think that if you disliked it so much, you'd simply burn it. After all, they are causing you great distress, no?" He stared at the girl questioningly. If it were up to him, he'd simply destroy something he found unpleasant, but to this girl it seemed she had a lack of wanting to do something like that. Unfortunate. Maybe he'd go wreak some havoc in Linden so he could instill some level of desire for destruction in the girl.

Snow definitely meant Seracier though, and Seracier was quite the distance from here. Perhaps Linden was a sort of pit stop before anything else. And she found snow annoying too. Snow was easily meltable though, so Titus didn't see any problems in simply melting it. "Love, huh? Hmm...Perhaps I did once. Perhaps I did once." he mused in thought. It wasn't that he didn't really care for his house any longer, it was simply the fact that it was just gone. He was the head, and he had abandoned it. This too, was punishment.

He had blinked in confusion when the girl mentioned a handler. "I...I beg your pardon? A handler?" he asked before laughing aloud. "Ahaha I'm not that old, am I? To need someone to handle my day-to-day activities? Haha. Even the one I defer to has been quite too busy to call on me for some time." he said with a smile. What in the world did the girl mean by a handler? Her parents? Maybe. Well. He'd find answers in Linden or so. "Forgive me if you've already answered this, but what business do you have in Linden? I'm curious to know."

Notes:

yuki of shadowplay

user posted image
credit to yuki
Millicent
“The Cuddles Demon”
What's this?
Millicent
Jun 5 2018, 02:42 AM
Weltschmerz
Spy
Ephemera
10 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

"Well Brother Theo...I don't like fire. I tried to eat it once and Mama got upset. It burned my mouth and it was too hot." She frowned slightly at the idea of burning the grass. Sure it was icky and quite annoying, but the green plant had a purpose in this world, just like she assumed she had. Once it was to destroy her siblings and rip them limb from limb. Now it was to make her parent's life happier and to enjoy all the sweets that she can before her teeth had to be yanked out and replaced again. Mama mentioned that constantly repairing her jaw was starting to become a hastle. It wasn't her fault that her chewing gum was so yummy and explosive.

She smiled softly as they continued on their journey. His mention of maybe loving someone once upon a time made her confused. Either you love people or you don't right? Well her understanding of love was probably different from what other associated with the emotion. It was consumed by dedication and attachment. She loved to be with her mothers and her aunt and now her new brother. Yes, brother Theo was now someone she loved. "Well it means attachment right? I read it in a book once, but then it got sciencey and I became annoyed."

Linden wouldn't be too much further away from their current location. Soon she would be reunited with her wonderful mother and everything would be so much better. "My business is my mama. She had...stuff to do. Information to gather or something...or maybe I was supposed to do that..." She began to think about what it was that Ishtar had said to her before she ran off. Something about sightings of Sin and bears. Spying on sinful things...but what was a sin exactly? She really didn't understand, but her mama could explain it all again. "I just want to find my mama again."

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.