megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hot Java, Eres/Sol [Invite only]
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
I'm burning only as hot as my passion.
Solencia Paris
May 10 2018, 03:42 AM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

A direct beam from the sun could not come close to rivaling the level of brightness that amped up in Solencia's expression once Eres confessed to loving books. She nearly squealed with delight as the enforcer explained the kinds of things she read and seemed to enjoy. The endearment for classic tales of love, betrayal, beauty, and strength, but also cliches that were just so silly and yet lovable. "I absolutely agree, but its because of the language that paints the images we imagine which makes such texts so beautiful! Like the way the party where he revealed himself in The Count of Monte Cristo was depicted just makes you wonder if something like this could rival the beauty and opulence of somewhere like Empyrean, or even how beautiful the ruins were at one point! I just love it so much!" She giggled and seemed to bounce in her seat with the delight she felt.

While Roux was certainly intelligent, most of his readings tended to focus on Economics, magic, and something about industry? She read a lot of it, but it didn't always click for her. She tried though. It wasn't just his stupidly cute face that she had a tendency to be drawn to, but his smarts as well. Eres spoke about how she was usually limited to a world of science when choosing books back at the base. The idea of having a dedicated library wasn't something that Sol would've been able to indulge in as a child. Actually she lost a fair number of books in her collection once Roux stole her away from her prison a year ago. "Books honestly, saved my life. I don't think I would be as social and aware of the world as I am without them." She smiled softly before continuing. "Roux has bought me a fair number of books to read. I tend to raid bookstores whenever we go out shopping. I sometimes think it might annoy him, but its the one love I probably have....well beyond the more obvious one." She blushed a bit.

"If you would like Eres, I can lend you a few books. I know a few great titles that would go along with your preferences. Romeo and Juliet was a wonderful work, but I think you would like Hamlet as well. It's quite dark, but speaks to how the author loved to write his works." The conversation steered away from the idea of books and onto the topic of her missions, primarily the bear attacks around the region. "Yeah that must get annoying. I've never seen a bear in person, but I don't think I should be afraid of them. I mean in the pictures they seem fluffy enough...." She giggled a bit. "Plus I honestly prefer animals that are much smaller and more fluffy. I'm currently trying to get a cat...but Roux won't budge on the topic. I just want something cute to cuddle when I'm stuck at home by myself."

@kyoka
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
I apologize in advance for apologizing.
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 10 2018, 04:29 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hot Java

Eres's eyes seemed to sparkle slightly as she nodded in agreement with Sol. "I especially love how intricately the author sets up the relationship between the priest and the prisoner to highlight the beginning of change in the main character. It's so wonderful to see!" she exclaimed, a great smile crossing her face. She hadn't exactly been this happy in a while, and certainly she hadn't expected to talk about books extensively at all. Ishtar often called her a nerd for that. She nodded as Solencia continued, agreeing with pretty much every statement. It was way different from their first meeting where a confused Eres could only detect nothing but hostility and suspicion. And now? They were practically on the same wavelength.

And yet despite all the books she read, Ishtar had noted that most of what happened in them didn't exactly happen in Sium. It was quite unfortunate, but Eres supposed that was to be expected. Real life couldn't quite have a happy ending, and more than anything, Eres understood that all too well. Her negative thoughts were soon replaced when Sol mentioned lending her a few of her books. Eres quickly nodded in excitement, the mention of the same author who wrote Romeo and Juliet made her extremely happy."Of course I'd be more than happy to borrow some bookd from you! It's better than reading the confusing jargon and research in the base anyways, and more than anything it'd probably help me interact with others more." she said, nodding her head as if she was confirming her own words.

As for the bears, "Well, you'd think they'd be fluffy, but actually they're more like some hybrid fusion between a demon a bear and maybe a boar." she explained with a wave of her hand. "It's quite large as well, and honestly it's pretty concerning. Especially if the Cabal or even the Sins got their hands on them. With how many are popping up every day, they could easily have an army of these destructive bears! It's a wonder they don't do that already." She nodded as Solencia continued, wanting to get a cat for herself and she let out a small giggle. "Well, if he's not home most of the time, I don't see what's wrong with getting a cat. So long as you're responsible with it, I'm sure it's fine. Plus, cats make wonderful pet companions." she smiled. "Maybe if I came along with you to help beg for a cat he'll listen! There is strength in numbers, right?"

Tag: @Acia
Notes:
yuki of shadowplay
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
May 11 2018, 01:34 AM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Sol couldn't help but beam with happiness as Eres continued to gush over books with her. This moment was like a dream. Being able to go toe to toe with someone on a subject she had memorized by heart just made her blood get pumping better than any training session with Roux. Although a training session with her boyfriend usually meant she would just get frustrated and try to hit him, but fail miserably every time. Physically she was a mess in combat, but mentally she could do pretty well for herself. "The internal struggles of the characters are what capture my heart in most readings. I've been trapped in a prison before so I know what its like to endure such darkness at times. Watching a character grow gives me hope for my own future, you know?"

The way Eres responded to her offer made her smile. She was more than happy to share her books with others so that they could find the kind of joy she did in seeing the words of the page. "I will make sure to bring you some as soon as possible then. I certainly encourage you to keep reading the books in the base though. Understanding your world is as useful as gaining social skills." She smiled gently before taking a drink of her coffee.

Though she nearly spit out her drink as the enforcer explained that the bears were actually more like demon boars. Just what the hell was being crafted around the lands in Sium? First she had to deal with a plant monster in Plona and now she was learning aobut bears that were far different from what she read in books. She shook her head. "Your position must drive you crazy sometimes. All the hunting and stuff you must do. I'm sure you enjoy that kind of freedom though."

Her friend's offer to help her in the battle for getting a pet made her giggle. It was a sweet concept, but she had a feeling Roux would never let her get a cat. He hated the way their personalities were and the fact they were assholes that ruled the space. it was probably the one fight she could never win against him. "No need my dear. Roux will surrender something to me eventually. If it isn't a cat, then perhaps a trip. I wouldn't mind going on a little vacation with him honestly. He's been very busy lately. Do you ever get the chance to go out and relax for a few days at a time?"

@kyoka
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 11 2018, 01:56 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hot Java

Eres let out a soft chuckle. "Well. As an Enforcer, it's kind of my duty to uphold the peace, so if wild bear-boar-monsters are threatening Riparias, then obviously it becomes my duty to stop them." She took a sip of her drink, happy that the taste was fairly mellow and light. She could appreciate coffee like this. Maybe there was much more in the world of coffee that she had to experience. For now though, this would do.

Besides, bear hunting didn't actually bother Eres too much. Sure, there was an infestation or whatever that may drive her crazy from time to time, but it wasn't bad since she was pretty much just chilling afterwards. She smiled at the young monarch and said, "I tend to have some free time on my hands after my duties are taken care of. They're usually not a big deal besides the usual law enforcement so I either stay in my room to read, train in the Welts training facility, or visit my sisters." She then frowned and crossed her arms. "Well, to be more precise, Ishtar's the one who visits me anyways. I always think of trying to go to Seracier to see her, but just as I'm ready to head out, she's already in front of me in Riparias because she hates Seracier." Eres then offered a small apologetic smile.

"To be honest, I'm not even sure if the two of you would hit it off. She says some weird things sometimes, and she's usually pretty blunt, but she means things in a good way, I think. Especially if she likes you." Taking another sip of her coffee, she continued, "In any case, I think a vacation is a wonderful idea, especially if Roux is spending way too much time dealing with the members in his own faction." She sighed and scratched the back of her head. "I, for one, think he works a little too hard. Aren't there other Demon Knights? They could help with the amount of work he does, trying to keep the Rebels in line. Don't you think so too?"

Notes:
yuki of shadowplay
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
May 19 2018, 10:26 PM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Sol smiled. Essentially what Eres did as an enforcer was keep Riparias safe from harm. The idea reminded her of what her boyfriend also did, perhaps they took turns? They were friends so it wasn't completely out of the question for them to have a negotiation or something along those lines right? "You're amazing Eres. Fighting bears and saving the day constantly. I'm lucky to be making a friend like you." She smiled softly.

Sipping on her coffee the princess enjoyed the sweetness. Typically bean water was a bit too strong for her tastes, though Roux seemed to enjoy a cup of the stuff from time to time and she felt the internal need to match her boyfriend's preferences sometimes. Hell that drinking contest they did on their first date was a mistake and all brought out because of her competitive nature. He definitely won that challenge between them, but it was a story she wasn't entirely ready to spill to a mutual friend.

"I tend to have too much free time for my own good. Roux has taken to sending me with babysitters because of all the trouble I tend to find." She giggled before laying her hand on her head. "It must be nice to have a sister that loves you so much. I usually get to pick out my own clothing, but I usually just steal something from Roux and call it a day. His stuff is stupidly comfortable for so much black in his wardrobe."

"You never know. I mean...how many people would actually expect me to be dating one of the most undateable individuals in Sium? I charmed him, so you never know. Ishtar could totally love me." She tilted her head and wondered if the way Eres looked at books the same way she did, to understand people.

"Do you ever compare real life to what you read in a book? I mean like how the characters act."
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 21 2018, 05:58 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hot Java

Ereshkigal's eyes widened in surprise at Sol's comment before she quickly waved a hand of dismissal. "Oh no! Oh not at all. While protecting Riparias from bears does probably sound fun to you, fighting the same type of enemy constantly gets tedious after a while." Turning a bright shade of red, she continued, "If for whatever reason I do get bored though, I often ask Roux if he'd trade places with me for the day and I'd go about his duties while he'd help with mine. Perhaps you've seen me around sometimes?" She then shook her head. "If anything, I'm the lucky one. To be in good standing with Roux's girlfriend...It's so exciting!"

Eres nodded, sipping on her coffee as she listened to Solencia talk about the kinds of clothes she wore. Maybe the two of them could go to a shop some time to browse? Perhaps Sol could offer her some fashion advice that Ishtar never had imparted on her before. It would be interesting to find out. "Black is an objectively neutral color." Eres stated, a finger on her chin in thought. "Most of the time, black can go with anything, even what appears to clash at first. Maybe it's why it's comfortable?" she asked before shaking her head. "No no no, it must have something to do with the materials then. Different clothes are made of different materials, after all..."

She gave a small laugh as Sol compared charming Roux with possibly charming Ishtar. "Well. She does have her ways, but often times she'll be the one who declares you her friend first. That's usually how it goes with most people she meets." She took a quick look around the cafe to check whether or not her fair haired sister was there before leaning towards the princess, whispering, "I heard that if you're not careful, she'll whisk away a fedora from the nearest hat shop to place on your head!" She then frowned. "Or well, that's how the rumors go anyways."

Notes:
yuki of shadowplay
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
May 28 2018, 05:01 PM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Eres liked to ramble. It was a cute trait that she was already beginning to pick up on, but the way the enforcer spoke so excitedly about the topics they were addressing just made the princess feel all warm fuzzy inside. She nodded her head and smiled as her friend continued to express her appreciation and admiration for her boyfriend. "Well I still think you're amazing." She giggled and finished off the last of her coffee.

This visit was pleasant, but her little comment about being on the good side of Roux made her happy. She wondered if they would've been a good couple had she not come along and ruined their fun. Perhaps it would've been good for Riparias at the very least. They certainly would've been cute and had cute kids someday if both of them wanted it. "Yeah I would love to go shopping with you. It would be a lot of fun and just a bit of girls time is good I've read. If you want we could even invite your sister along to make it a bit more crazy." Hanging out with Eres was warm and it was easy. This made her so much happier than encounters she had with other people before this.

"Hey Eres...I know this is a silly thing, but Sium is a dangerous and scary place. If anything ever happened to me...would you try to keep Roux in one piece? I know he and I just started dating but I do care a lot for him...and I don't have many friends to trust with that favor." she knew it was a lot to ask, but her boyfriend had more people that loved him than he ever wanted to accept. "I've never been a fan of hats honestly. I feel like they make the head look weird. Cute shoes though...that is something I can get behind. Even if I can't walk in them, I like the look of high heels." She lay her head on the table and slid her cup off to the side. This little date between girlfriends was just so much fun. "Do you have any duties to deal with today?"
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 29 2018, 05:30 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hot Java

The sudden change in Solencia's tone froze Eres in place. As if she was simply stuck in the position of bringing the cup to her lips. After what seemed to be quite some time, she gently lowered the cup onto the table, her expression becoming serious again. "If anything, if something were to happen to you in a situation where I could not be around, I would never forgive myself." she replied, a grim frown crossing her face. "There are many regrets that I carry on my back, and if something were to happen to you, it'd weigh even more heavily upon my back."

She sighed and lifted her cup again. "Roux would never forgive me if I couldn't protect you when I was able to. I would not forgive myself either." Taking a sip, she finally responded, "I will do my best, sure, but know that even a broken heart takes much more than care to heal." After a deep breath, she managed to force a smile onto her face.

"I'm finished with my duties at the moment. I'll get paged if something comes u-" she said before realizing that she still had to report on the bear issue. Well. That could always come later. Date first. "No, never mind. It's nothing."          

Notes:          

yuki of shadowplay
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
May 30 2018, 02:23 AM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Sol noticed that the air in the conversation changed to something much heavier than she originally intended. The weight of her words sinking in after she spoke of her concerns. Falling in love with someone was scary be it as lovers or new friends. The attachment that grew from it could hold a great deal of power that few could understand. That power of friendship being the strength that kept some people alive. No one was promised to live forever, but that didn't mean they could stop living before the point of their impending death.

"I don't want anyone to have to mourn me. I know I haven't known you for very long, but you're very precious to me. I worry about you as much as I do Roux and I'm glad the same could be said for me. Though being a princess means I will always have a target on my back and I don't intend to let it go. I have the power to do some good in this world and with everything that's happening...I know its dangerous. So even if he falls to complete darkness...don't give up on him or anyone you love okay?" She smiled softly.

She tilted her head as she noticed that Eres seemed to space out a bit when asked about her duties. Perhaps there was still a task she needed to deal with? "You know if you need to go we can make plans for another day. Perhaps a shopping trip next time you're free." Sol smiled softly. She would understand if her friend needed to leave. Every date had to come to an end. "Just don't expect a goodbye kiss. We're strictly platonic my fair Juliette. Though the parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say goodnight until it be morrow."
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 31 2018, 04:18 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Hot Java

Eres smiled and said, "That indeed is an answer that makes me feel a little more at ease." While Sol hadn't exactly promised that she wouldn't go out and get herself into too much trouble, she always had some remnant of worry for the girl. "As long as you promise to return safe and sound, then I have no qualms about further helping Roux." She then frowned. She couldn't exactly promise Sol that she'd be able to help Roux if anything would happen. After all, their positions differed greatly and Roux was simply a natural enemy for any other Welts member.

Why, oh why did they have to pair with Crux again?

Eres smiled and nodded at the prospect of the shopping trip. "I have to report the results of the bear skirmish near the border, so I'm sure another time would be wonderful for shopping." She did giggle at Sol's romantic way of quoting books and said, "Ahah, and of course, I you," before finishing her cup and standing. "Thank you for this wonderful little date though. I appreciate the distraction from work. You should do it a bit more often so I won't get bored waiting for Ishtar or Roux." she said before waving. "Let's meet again next week here and go shopping in Gaothaire, all right?"

Notes:
yuki of shadowplay

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.