megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hot Java, Eres/Sol [Invite only]
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
I'm burning only as hot as my passion.
Solencia Paris
Apr 6 2018, 01:39 AM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Hot Java

It took more persuasion than she expected to get Roux to let her meet with Ereshkigal not because of the fact that he disapproved of the idea, but rather the sheer fact that he was too preoccupied with other tasks to remember to send the damn letter. Ultimately it took her threatening to go stand outside of the base before he would cave to her demands. She merely wished to apologize to the Enforcer that she treated rather rudely upon their first meeting. Jealousy was a nasty monster to face, but she was thankful it happened. There had been some progress since that day during the week before. Development that continued to show signs on her figure when she could corner her knight and pry his attention away from all the paperwork that was piling up. The cause of that also being her it seemed.

the princess paced around the door outside of the cafe. Were the streets not decently paved within Riparias the girl was certain she would've worn a path into the places her feet traced.
She was nervous about this meeting. Roux had explained that they were just friend, but up until a few day ago she thought she knew a decent amount about her guardian. Now all thoughts thoughts were flying out of the window as she was learning more about the world and how her role was going to be affected by it if she ever did come to a position of power in the monarchy.

"Building friendships is good. Hopefully Ereshkigal won't hate me for how I acted and everything will be just fine." She tried to smile as she attempted to encourage herself, but considering the fact she was currently alone and talking to the air made Sol realize she was probably losing her mind to her nervous nature. She needed to stop spending so much time in the company of her knight before she ended up becoming a big scaredy cat like him.
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
I apologize in advance for apologizing.
Ereshkigal Waldstein
Apr 6 2018, 06:41 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

When Ereshkigal received the letter from Roux, she at first thought it was a mistaken letter, and made sure to zip outside of Welts' prying eyes before opening it. It was one thing for Ishtar to have a Commander friend, but for Eres to have a Demon Knight friend? Probably a risky thing to do. Also the possibility of Soren trying to kill her later which was the last thing she wanted. Reading the contents of the letter during a monster hunting mission, she made a note to visit the coffee shop after beating up this dumb tusked elephant...bear thing. Whatever. Samples were samples.

Finally finishing up gathering duties, she made her way over to the cafe to find a very anxious Solencia pacing back and forth. Well, a greeting should suffice for now. Eres felt that if she'd acted just like when she furst met Roux, things woyld probably work out. Besides, the girl looked plenty nervous as she was.

"Ah! Sol...encia, right?" she asked, making her way to the girl. "I got your letter. What did you want to speak to me about?"

@Acia
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
Apr 7 2018, 02:50 AM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Solencia knew what she had done wrong. Like a little kid who stole from a store and was awaiting punishment for their actions she continued to pace with her nerves on high alert. It wasn't long after the designated meeting time that the guest of honor made it to the location. Roux was certainly sweet for doing as she asked and sending that letter to Ereshkigal for her, but she hadn't considered what it meant for her to receive that letter from someone that was technically her enemy in social standing. Why did everything have to be so confusing in this world of politics?

She was greeted in a casual manner. This was a nice start, but she could tell quite easily that Eres was reading her own mood and nerves that were clearly showing.
The reason for her summoning having been left out, the woman coming at all was a blessing from the gods that she had no association with. "Ereshkigal...thank you for coming." Sol smiled sweetly and tired to act normal. Why did this woman make her feel so nervous?

"I'm sorry for the rather sudden request to meet up. I just felt it would be better to chat over a cup of coffee. I also wanted to apologize. I know our first meeting was not ideal due to my...immature nature." She blushed a vibrant hue of cherry then.
Getting so mad at Roux over calling another girl cute really was pointless, but it ended their night on a good note and she didn't regret stealing her guardian away from the enforcer either. She just wished that the encounter was something more positive in nature. "I asked Roux to recommend what we do together. I hope you don't mind going out for coffee again. We can go elsewhere if you prefer though."
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 3 2018, 11:34 PM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Ereshkigal waved a hand of dismissal. "It's fine, really." she said, smiling. "I didn't expect Roux to bring someone with him, and to be quite honest, I didn't really expect him wandering near the Weltschmerz base." Her plain expression returned and she answered, "Coffee is fine. I don't particularly have a taste for other drinks anyhow."

As she turned and made her way into the coffee shop, making sure Solencia was following, she said, "So are you two like, dating?" she asked. Dating was such a weird term that she didn't exactly understand the specifics, but Ishtar had mentioned it at one point, and she supposed that what Ishtar had set her up on was a date of sorts. "Hee hee, that brings back some memories. I didn't exactly know Roux and he didn't know me and my sister decided to set us up on a blind date, or whatever it was actually called." she explained. She chuckled a bit and said, "It was kind of awkward at first, but we became friends that way, oddly enough."

When the two found a table and sat down, Ereshkigal asked, "So how did the two of you meet?"

@Acia
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
May 4 2018, 09:37 PM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

The princess followed the woman with alabaster hair into the coffee shop.Their conversation seemed to linger on the one common trait they both share, Roux. She blushed a bit as conversation shifted to the elephant between them, were they dating? She smiled shyly. "We are."

She giggled softly as Eres mentioned the way her sister managed to pressure Roux and her into going on a date. It was quite sweet honestly. They could've made a cute couple. She wouldn't deny that there was a little pang of jealousy in her at the idea of it, but she trusted Roux and when he said that Ereshkigal was someone he considered a dear friend and she would do the same. Still the girl was too cute for her own good.

Sol stood near the table and smiled. "Do you have any drink preferences?" She leaned against the chair across from the Enforcer. She glanced at the counter and considered what she wanted to order for herself. Perhaps one of those things called a latte? The girl really didn't have much experience with this kind of setting either. She didn't even know Roux could drink coffee up until the day she met the female with her.

"He came crashing through my door. Literally." She smiled softly at the memory. "The idiot took down an entire prison to rescue me. That was over a year ago though, so we've been living together since." She was a bit embarrassed of the confession though. It was weird for a girl to live with a guy and not be in a relationship right? At least that was what all her books said. "Have you ever dated someone before?
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 5 2018, 05:38 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Eres blinked at the question, unsure of how to really answer it. She had only had one type of coffee and that was basically all she had ever ordered because she thought it'd be weird to suddenly switch. "Hmm...I suppose I don't really gravitate towards any specific drinks." she mused, placing a finger on her chin thoughtfully. "Though to be fair, I've only ever really had one type."

Eres let out a soft chuckle at Solencia's story. "That must have been quite the adventure. I'm sure it'll make a great story to tell others one day, really." she said, ordering a latte. "I would imagine you were quite happy with the rescue though, since after all, you're alive, right?" she smiled.

She became slightly embarrassed at the second question though, scratching the back of her head. "Ah, well. The only date I've really been on was that blind date. To be honest, I don't think there's anyone I've really talked to that would qualify as being my 'date'." she explained. She omitted the part about not actually knowing what a date entailed because, well, that wasn't really important. Probably. "Would this count as a date?" she asked, tilting her head in confusion.

@Acia
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
May 7 2018, 03:14 AM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

Relief washed over Sol's expression once she realized that the enforcer was just as inexperienced in the world of coffee as she was. "How do you prefer it? I tend to go with mostly cream and a small pinch of sugar...and like coffee on the side. I know it sounds strange but I don't really like the taste of coffee so it's mainly cream." She laughed nervously. This was honestly her first time in cafe even. Roux wasn't really big on going out for things that weren't absolutely necessary so she spent a lot of time at home reading. Though the idea of actually going out and exploring Riparias was becoming more and more appealing to her.

"I mean it's one of my favorite memories. The damn hat he was wearing though. It brought me to tears with laughter after it was all over. I think he still has that uniform too." She grinned just thinking about the image of her boyfriend in a Cross uniform for guards. It was terrible. White definitely wasn't his color.

"Could this be called a date? Perhaps not a romantic one, but certainly a date between friends." She smiled softly. "Though a first date with a bug zapper like Roux? That must have been one hell of a date. On our first date we went out for sandwiches, new clothing, and he ended up turning a guy to dust." She selectively left out the more inappropriate areas of the date, but the implications were still there. Her date was certainly far from boring after that little encounter with Eres. "I don't really understand all the political stuff when it comes to like the different organizations, but thanks to my affiliation with Roux that I'm pretty odd. I like books. What do you find interesting Eres?"
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 8 2018, 01:20 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Ereshkigal had to wonder what went into a latte in the first place. It felt weird just saying something like "I prefer it as a latte" or even make some sort of latte pun which is probably what Ishtar would do. But she wasn't Ishtar, and she was talking to a member of the monarch, and so that kind of weird talk probably wasn't appropriate. "Just cream and sugar." Ereshkigal said. She didn't say anything else and it felt awkward so she explained, "Um, well, I suppose I use equal amounts of cream and sugar."

Did that even make sense? Probably not. Ereshkigal was only feeling more embarrassed by everything she was saying, but luckily, Sol had already change the topic of the conversation. "That's definitely a surprising first date." Eres agreed, a smile and nod of her head. "As for what I find interesting...Well, I'm not sure there is much, but I do find books charming in their own way." she said, trying to think about interesting things.

It was weird now that she thought about it, but their interests seemed to line up. "Ah! I've been trying to figure out what kind of 'cute clothes' suit me since mostly Ishtar has advised me on fashion. Honestly, all I do is put on a shirt and call it a day, but she tends to have other plans." she said, chuckling at the last part.

@Acia
Solencia Paris
“The Rebel Princess”
Solencia Paris
May 8 2018, 02:46 AM
Freelance
Bookshop Clerk
Angel
171 posts
currently Offline
played by Acia

The enforcer was making perfect sense honestly. Sol smiled as Eres tried to explain her methods of equal parts cream and sugar. Honestly it sounded much more civil than the methods the princess used to tell when her coffee was just right. Usually it required her staring at the color for a while. Normally the coffee had to be almost completely white before she was content. It really was terrible how much sweetness and creamer she added. "You know that sounds quite reasonable. It wasn't until recently that I even started drinking coffee. Roux seems to like the stuff though. Not like obession, but a necessary habit from time to time. He's terrible about smoking though. I read somewhere that it helps rot the lungs. He's cute...I don't want his lungs to rot." She let out a mildly distressed sigh before the subject shifted to something she knew by heart.

"You like books?" Her face lit up with excitement. "Do you have any favorites?Authors or maybe collections? I've read everything I can get my hands on! Roux probably gets annoyed because he has to keep buying me new ones all the time. Honestly, we probably need to get a bigger library because my room is running out of space. But that's okay because I go back to so many of them. I read about everything from fashion to the stars. I mean even some of the lore about Sium is really interesting. Though the different organizations are still super confusing. I know that there's just so much!" She was rambling like a kid who just got a new toy. Quickly she felt her face get super hot and a bright red hue covered her cheeks. Solencia, a princess, was a massive nerd about reading. "I-I'm sorry. I spent a long time reading in my life, so I get really excited when books are a topic." She smiled shyly.

"I mean you're really pretty so I think most styles would suit you. Though I think simple is best? Honestly, most of my clothing gets bought from the same place as Roux's and I've just gotten used to it. I like leather pants a lot though. They feel nice against my skin, but they're such a pain to get on and off sometimes. Though with your hair color....maybe try something blue?" She was terrible at fashion choices. This was why she had a tendency to be willing to let other people dress her. "I'm trying to be more girly though, so maybe try a dress with lace? I think you would look cute in anything you put on."

Solencia then went over to the counter and ordered their coffee. She decided to just get the cream and sugars on the side so that they could do it themselves. Carefully she went back over to the table and sat the drinks down.

@kyoka
Ereshkigal Waldstein
“Swallowtail”
Ereshkigal Waldstein
May 8 2018, 03:10 AM
Weltschmerz
Enforcer - Riparias
artificial human
105 posts
currently Offline
played by kyoka

Ereshkigal's eyes seemed to brighten at Solencia's mention of books. "I tend to gravitate towards history books myself." she answered smiling. "Though from time to time I enjoy classic literature like Romeo and Juliet or The Count of Monte Cristo! Those stories are riddled with different emotions and it's just so interesting to see how they react to different circumstances. In particular, I really appreciate the aesthetics and the setting the classics provide since it fills me with a sense of wonder. Like what possibly went on in the world before I was created? It certainly gives a new point of view and wonder, don't you agree?" Ereshkigal turned pink slightly and then apologized. "Erm, sorry, it's not usually like me to talk like this. I rarely find anyone who has similar interests to mine..."

She offered a smile and said, "I think books are wonderful. It's great that you have a dedicated library. If I wasn't on duty most of the time, I'd try finding the nearest library to read at since all the books in the Welts base is all sciencey stuff." As for clothes, Eres turned slightly pink at the mention that anything would look good on her, so which she responded quietly, "Most of my wardrobe is clothes that Ishtar had plucked out simply because I couldn't decide on something I thought looked nice. Plus she's older, so I'd assume she has a better fashion sense than I do, eheh..." She scratched the back of her head in embarrassment. But a lacey dress? Perhaps she'd look into it at some point. She hadn't thought about it, so perhaps she'd ask Ishtar about frilly dresses later on.

As the drinks came, Eres thanked Sol for bringing the coffee over and adjusted the sugar and cream to her liking. It felt kind of awkward without conversation, so Eres started up a new topic. "Can you believe it though? Half the time I'm dispatched on a mission, it's some new bear attack somewhere in Sium. I never considered this before but it's like there's a bear infestation as of late. Have you met anything as monstrous as a bear?"

@Acia

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.