megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

To All & For None [Ravanar], open, 3
Noa Orcavont
“Grand Ballistae of Lions”
"Mercy is a right for no human being. It's a gift to all willing to simply accept it."
Noa Orcavont
Mar 14 2018, 12:49 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
112 posts
currently Offline
played by Unknown

It was finally time. No more distractions! No more interruptions! The damned chains that kept strapped to this god-forsaken world was now about to break. The legacy of lions, the era of nobility and pride in will of man was now reduced to smoldering ash and cast into the wind never to be seen or heard of again.

Closing her eyes, Noa simply smiled as the soldier charged with sword in hand. “Pay attention Festerhilde. My victory is now complete.” Is what the malefactor said and yet there was no response from the limp, white avatar.

Unaccustomed to silence from her other half in this crucial hour, Noa’s left eye turned to the Festerhilde to see her eyes of contentment. “Festerhilde…?” The clock ticked and seconds past. The cold sweat broke out on Noa’s non-existent brow before that sudden realization that caused a single tear of blood to be shed.

Melchior’s blade pierced her chest. Slowly Festerhilde’s and Noa’s body began to dissipate in unison. Once again, when the two are one can the flames of rebirth would be lit. Slowly dissolving into thousands of white salt crystals and a single soft, emerald pillar consumed them and went skyward. The glow was held like a bridge and the earth began to produce colorful plant life and green grass in the wake of the light. It was a light so holy that even the clouds in the sky cleared way.

This was it. It certainly was the end. Not the end of an existence – no, it was the end of self. The pillar of light subsided and left middle –aged woman with long, flowing storm blonde hair laid bear naked in the small garden. The woman’s eyes fluttered open; a pale green hue was sensitive in her eyes.

Slowly, this new woman would rise onto her knees and placed her hand on her heart. Ba-bump. Ba-bump. The beat of new life filling through her body - a glance toward her hands, a touch of her hair before this woman found herself fighting back tears of joy and losing. This new woman lowered her head until her forehead touched the ground and cried out.

“Thank you…. Thank you…. Thank you….!”

@Hiraeth I know.
there's a lesson that we learn in the pages that we burn
made by hiraeth exclusively for megalomania
Melchior
“Salvation Blade”
We were just sinking too fast to save, the two of us whispering away.
Melchior
Mar 24 2018, 09:29 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Bellicosa
66 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Melchior felt a pang of guilt as he carried out his duty, his glowing blade hitting home. As Noa's form began to fade, he could see the other one also starting to disappear out of the corner of his eye. He'd never stopped to consider just how deep the woman's connection with the demon was, but she had warned him. Unable to listen, Melchior had ended up killing her as well. Even though she wasn't a demon...he killed her -or at least, he was responsible for her disappearance. How was that possible?

Melchior let his sword form vanish once more, his hands dropping to his sides as he hung his head. He should've been happy. He'd ended the demon's painfully apparent suffering. That satisfaction was utterly stunted when he thought of the sin that had come with it.

Before the hallowed could get too ahead of himself, however, a green light overtook his vision and he looked up in awe of the holy aura that streaked through the clouds, inspiring the sudden growth of plants where there shouldn't have been any. The light didn't harm him -which was typical, since he was a holy weapon himself. It was...warm, and Melchior didn't entirely know what to make of that.

When the green luminosity finally dimmed, Melchior was left alone, surrounded by unexplainable greenery. Well, he'd assumed he'd be alone at first but when he tore his gaze away from the sky, he saw a woman with blonde hair slowly getting up. Who...was that? Where did she come from? She was familiar, though -at least, about as familiar as someone you've known for ten minutes could be. Instead of trying to make sense of the situation by asking a simple question like a competent individual would, Melchior just stared, utterly perplexed as the blonde prostrated herself before him, thanking him vehemently. For what...? He hadn't done much to be thankful for.

Although still shell-shocked, Melchior eventually managed to ask "who are you?" before realizing that he was inadvertently acting in an indecent manner. The hallowed promptly shrugged off the white coat of his uniform before kneeling down and offering it to the woman. "Take this," he told her, averting his eyes for the moment. Melchior didn't have much in the way of worldly desires and thus went unaffected by the sight of a naked woman. However, he still felt the need to parade as a human, so this gesture was deemed necessary.

@Unknown - sorry about the wait, work hit me
Noa Orcavont
"Mercy is a right for no human being. It's a gift to all willing to simply accept it."
Noa Orcavont
Mar 28 2018, 09:10 AM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
112 posts
currently Offline
played by Unknown

It was but a mere question on the surface. Who are you? Well, who was she now? When the blonde woman raised her head to see that the soldier had offered his coat. With a slight smile, she took it and held it over her, clutching onto it with vigor as she continued to contemplate. In but a few minutes of silence, the blonde compiled her life that leading up to this moment. This in essence the second time she managed to escape death.

Once as a child and now as an actual adult – and yet she saw neither as a rebirth but more of an opportunity to change her perspective on things. In one life, she was the noble ballista and heir of Lions, Leonidas Midas Festerhilde the second. Yes, she did things that were good and she did things that may have been questionable but all her actions, no matter how cruel or unjust was for the good of her bloodline – the very blood she still felt pumping in her veins.

What came next was the curse; a mere year that felt like an eternity. Noa Orcavont was what she called herself – the monster that she had become or perhaps what she always was. To deny both would result in regression, and even though she currently sat before justice, being anything more or less than a human was simply not the answer. It was of that the blonde was absolutely positive of.

“I am both Leonidas and Noa. So I suppose Leona would be appropriate, don’t you think?” Noa slipped her arms through the coat and buttoned it up before standing and removed a few strands of hair out of the way of her left eye and over her ear. “We need to leave. I don’t have any sort of sillage in my body at this moment. The residents of Ravanar might return and I’m ill prepared to face them in my current state.” Even now Leona was planning her next move towards a new goal and it was a bold one indeed.
Melchior
“Salvation Blade”
Melchior
Apr 4 2018, 01:26 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Bellicosa
66 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Melchior slowly pieced the situation together after the newly-named Leona introduced herself. "Leonidas...? Is that the name of the lady with white hair? You mean she didn't die?" Melchior asked, sounding relieved and finally allowing himself to smile. He fervently hoped that was true, but didn't press Leona for anymore information. As she had pointed out, the situation was not ideal. They could talk after they found safe refuge.

"You're right," Melchior murmured, glancing around, paranoid now that the possibility of an attack became apparent once more. Somehow, he doubted they could be thrown into a worse situation than what had already transpired, but it was that sort of complacency that often got Melchior into trouble. He'd nearly forgotten about the ongoing Aphelion entirely.

"I'll find somewhere," he declared, taking Leona's arm and leading her down a side street that led to a string of abandoned-looking warehouses. Then again, everything looked abandoned with all the looting taking place. "I don't know if you remember this, but I can only harm demons. So if we're attacked by anything else, all we can do is run away," he explained as they traveled. He really hoped such a thing never came to pass. Melchior was fast, but he wasn't sure he could outrun a supernatural creature while carrying someone.

@Unknown
Noa Orcavont
Noa Orcavont
Apr 13 2018, 08:39 AM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
112 posts
currently Offline
played by Unknown

It was the soldier’s question that Leona’s would take a brief reprieve for a puzzled expression. “A lady with white hair?” She repeated. Leonidas was the name given to Leona when she had to parody as male during her time in nobility. Nonetheless, the subject was swept aside for the moment as Leona took note of the soldier pitching in on reasons why being here in Ravanar wasn’t a wise thing to do. What Leona didn’t expect was the soldier taking her wrist and led her into some abandoned warehouses.

In that moment, Leona looked a bit dumbfounded when the soldier explained his ability to only be able to harm demons or for what was assumed to be other creatures that were sinister in nature. That little tidbit went from one ear and nearly out the other but was caught when Leona refocused herself. It wasn’t long until the sounds of thrashing and footsteps were heard seldomly as the corrupted citizens began to rear their heads once more.

It was then that it clicked in Leona’s head that Aphelion was still going on. What once she thought were mere random rioters and looters were mystically charged rioters and looters. This posed even more of a question. How exactly was she human again? The last thing Leona knew, she had been taking a nap in the woods and didn’t Aphelion occur later in time?

There were so many questions that were zipping back and forth in Leona’s head that she eventually called out. “Hold on now.” The befuddled one tugged back as a signal to have the soldier slow down. “There is far too much I do not even understand right now. First of all, who or what even are you?” Was the inquiry the former noble started would start with. Yes, she was aware that there might be enemies about but Leona wasn’t even sure of the circumstances and for all she knew, this man could very well be take advantage of her confusion.
Melchior
“Salvation Blade”
Melchior
Apr 22 2018, 06:19 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Bellicosa
66 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Melchior didn't answer Leona at first, merely urging her onward as he tried to find a place they could hide in. He eventually chose a dimly-lit building, stopping at the entrance and giving the place a quick once-over before leading the woman inside and around the corner so that if anyone passed by the broken down door, the two hopefully go unnoticed.

Sure that they were safe for the time being, Melchior let go of Leona's wrist and turned to face her, looking uncomfortable. Her obvious confusion was a definite cause for worry. If this wasn't the white-haired girl, then...who was she? Why did she suddenly appear? What happened to the one who'd been helping him? Did he really kill her after all?

He didn't have time to be thinking about the past, though. It was terrible and sad, but for now, he had to focus on braving the Aphelion, and maybe, saving this one person to somewhat make up for his most recent transgression.

"My name is Mana, and I'm with Crux Fidelis," he said, the words feeling hollow even as they were accompanied by some fabrication of an assuring smile. He hated using that name, but he didn't have much of a choice. He couldn't have Leona referring to him differently in front of one of his peers. As unlikely as that situation was, he couldn't risk it. "I should be asking you the same question, though. What are you? You told me your name...but I don't understand why you suddenly appeared there..." He trailed off afterward, wanting to ask more questions but already knowing the blonde had no answers for him in that particular regard.

"I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll still help you through this. But we might as well figure things out while we can." At current, there was nothing they could do other than talk and hope nothing came along to interrupt them. Really, it'd be ideal if they never had to move locations again for the duration of the Aphelion, but there were still many hours left. Melchior had a bad feeling about all of this.

@Unknown
Noa Orcavont
Noa Orcavont
May 7 2018, 09:03 AM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
112 posts
currently Offline
played by Unknown

To Leona, it was an odd sensation – being pulled along without receiving an immediate answer to her questions was something she felt she should be used to by now but it only added more fog to the current situation. Nevertheless, Leona still felt calm. Why? There was no particular reason and it’s been far too long since she felt like this. To feel her heart beat once more maybe a little too riveting.

Once this soldier of the Crux had finally felt it to be safe enough for them to speak, Noa was more than ready to clear the confusion and answer his questions as well as have her own questions answered. For a moment, Leona listened to the lad who called himself Mana and pondered his question. It was rather vague in all honesty.

“Well let’s see, I am what life has made me. I was an abomination teetering from becoming a true demon due to my own folly but now, I am positive that at this moment in time that I am human.” Leona took a glance down at the palm of her hand, reveling in feeling the red coarse through her veins. “How this happened is a mystery to me I’m afraid.” There wasn’t much else Leona could think to say at the moment - well at least in regards to that particular topic.

“I can theorize that Aphelion may have a hand on this yet I’m still trying to picture how. I’m still confused on how Aphelion is even happening now.” It was then that she remembered the dark cult whose name had echoed in whispers in the abyss; the Black Sun Cabal since she was young. “Could the Black Sun Cabal have some hand in this?” Leona didn’t know much about the Cabal beyond the basics and the foundation of their faith. Although back then, Leona was more focused on toppling demons which had put her more in the crosshairs of Peona Damni.
Melchior
“Salvation Blade”
Melchior
May 10 2018, 04:41 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Bellicosa
66 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

At Leona's explanation, Melchior found himself wondering many things. For one, he thought back to Noa. That demon had disappeared to be replaced by the blonde woman. Was she a purified version of Noa, then? That still didn't explain what had happened to the other one, but it was the most logical conclusion he could come to with the information given.

"Aphelion is something we've yet to fully figure out...we just know it's typically an annual occurrence. However, it happened early this year." Melchior looked to be in deep thought as he recalled past Aphelions and what he, as a bellicosa, instinctively knew about them. The unexpected event had taken the world by surprise and the death toll had already reached a record high compared to previous years. So far, the Cross was entirely clueless as to why this year's covering of the sun had come so early. "I've seen people from that cult who seem to be empowered by the Aphelion. Anyone with sillage does get stronger at this time, yes, but the cultists are special in that they do not lose themselves. Though that could just be because they're already so far gone. But yes, I think you could be right about them having something to do with the Aphelion," he returned.

"I think you turned human because of me, though. I have the power to purify demons, either erasing their existence or reverting them to a human form if that's how they started out. I purified Noa, and you appeared," Melchior explained, unsure of how Leona would react. She was surely happy about returning to her human form, at least.

@Unknown
Noa Orcavont
Noa Orcavont
May 16 2018, 05:18 PM
Crux Fidelis
Hallowed
Human
112 posts
currently Offline
played by Unknown

It seemed that Mana knew just about as much of Aphelion’s origin as Leona did. As she stroked her chin, Festerhilde began to pace a little in thought. In all honesty, trying to piece together the mystery of this global phenomenon with such little facts would be a fool’s game.

Instead, there was something else that Mana had explained in regards to how he was able to remove her curse and restore her humanity. “Purification, you say?” She mused before she stood eye to eye with Mana once more with a clear mind. “I’m not so sure about that.” Leona added.

“Purification is essentially the erasure of negative energy; darkness, if you will and the human soul is composed of a balance between light and darkness. If you erased all of one half of my soul then I wouldn’t be standing before you.” There was another thing that Mana said that was of note. Noa – the name she took as she bore a form unfit to be called a Festerhilde.

Leona had no recollection of ever appearing before the young soldier in that form. Could it have been that her own body moved on it’s own in search of nourishment? It wasn’t out the realm of possibility but if what Mana said about purifying Leona was true then she should by all means has suffered a painless demise.

“I think it’s more likely that somehow, your abilities stabilized my soul by destroying both the light and the dark but this is all just speculation at this point. For now, I need a proper change of clothes and a few books to continue this discussion. Lead the way, Mana.” All of this speculation and talk of the soul was kind of sticking a dagger in the joy Leona was feeling. The two of them needed to get out of this area and Leona needed to find a way to better use her own magic.

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.