megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Family Ties and Wet Thighs [probable CW], Soren
Kalidas Sardana
“The Cross' Heart”
I found what I'd been looking for in myself Found a life worth living for someone else
Kalidas Sardana
Sep 3 2017, 01:26 AM
Crux Fidelis
Commander - Kindness
Human
202 posts
currently Offline
played by Linn

My Soul..
..It Beats?

Kalidas was absolutely flabbergasted. He knew that Incest hadn't died. He watched the last one get away with his own eyes. He knew the Branch Sin would show up again some day, and he had every intention to deal with it when it did since he knew its tricks. But... The last place he expected find it was the same place it had shown up before. Apparently it really liked Lake Cyanea. Kalidas had no idea why. Its family was no longer there. There were more girls, but from what he heard there wasn't a string of missing cases. There was something odd, definitely odd, but once he received reports that sightings of something like it had surfaced... Well, he just didn't question it.

He was about to head out on his own when he was hit by a stroke of genius. Without waiting he tracked down Soren Kincaid and explained the situation. He gave a little extra push by... fibbing a little and saying Soren was ordered to go with him. Kalidas could basically say he was ordering it. He didn't hold power over Soren per say, but.. It wasn't always about power.

Kalidas had been meaning to talk to Soren anyway. He had returned from Apri city with... a disturbing amount of information about the younger man and there was only so long that he could just keep quiet about it. He couldn't just out right say he met Soren's parents though. It had been too much time for that to come up naturally... This was the perfect opportunity.

"So what's your family like, Soren?" he asked. It... made a little bit of sense since they were going after incest. Well... No it was very odd timing. It almost insinuated that there was incest within his family.. No! If he thought that way he was sure Soren would also think that way. This was just... filler talk. They had a little ways before they reached the lake. Because last time small talk had gone over so well... Visibly defeated he let out a sigh.

"I just don't know much about you is all. If we work together we might as well get to know each other, right?" he offered, trying to seem like a little bit less of a creep. He knew WAY MORE than he was letting on, but... Soren didn't need to know that.

digit
Soren Kincaid
“--”
All the things that went away were those I thought would last.
Soren Kincaid
Sep 3 2017, 11:52 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Wrath
Demon
588 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Words couldn't explain how pissed Soren was at the thought of his latest assignment. That disgusting branch, Incest, had recovered enough to return to the lake. It must have bounced back significantly well to be cocky (or maybe just stupid) enough to return there. Even worse was the fact that Soren was being sent there with Kalidas again. Wasn't that a terrible idea given what had happened last time? Perhaps it was because they had already faced Incest before and would best know the branch's abilities, but he still felt like it would be more logical to send only either himself or Kalidas along with someone new, one who hadn't already failed spectacularly.

Of course, Soren wanted to kill that thing more than anyone, but he couldn't handle the thought of falling under its control again. He would really kill himself if that happened this time. Usually he would just shrug bad possibilities off, telling himself he wouldn't let them come to pass. This was different than simply losing a fight, however. If he focused on the incident enough, Soren could still clearly remember that possessed version of himself, raving about free love like some greasy hippie and lusting after a literal tentacle monster. So fucking disgusting. Just thinking about it made him want to turn around, leave, and disappear off the face of the earth.

Needless to say, Soren was uncharacteristically thankful when Kalidas broke the silence and his vile train of thought along with it. It only ended up being replaced with extreme annoyance when he realized the other Commander had asked about his family. What the fuck did that have to do with anything? He was like some old woman grasping at menial nonsense to talk about to fill the silence that was likely better left alone. What was he going to do next, comment on the weather? Wait, was this topic coming up because of the nature of the sin they were hunting?

Soren was about to snap as Kalidas, who luckily gave away his reason for asking before he could. Still, the question was annoying and not something Soren was interested in discussing. How could he even begin to talk about his disgrace of a father? Then there was his mother, who couldn't be bothered with him because he broke a few things. No, it was nothing but some uninteresting sob story.

"I don't want to talk about my family," Soren bluntly refused. He felt bad for getting Kalidas injured the last time they were here in Cyanea, but that didn't mean he was going to indulge the other Commander's odd questions. He still didn't get why the other man tried to hard to get on his good side.

@Linn
Kalidas Sardana
“The Cross' Heart”
I found what I'd been looking for in myself Found a life worth living for someone else
Kalidas Sardana
Sep 4 2017, 11:29 PM
Crux Fidelis
Commander - Kindness
Human
202 posts
currently Offline
played by Linn

My Soul..
..It Beats?

Oh. Soren flatly rejected him. It wasn't... the worst reaction but it definitely wasn't what he was expecting. For some reason he thought Soren might actually divulge a little bit, like maybe that he didn't like his father, or he hadn't seen his mother in a long time. It was a stupid thought. It was a rough subject to jump right into and Soren wasn't that close to him. He'd just... ease him into opening up.

"I see. I didn't mean to pry" he replied. "What kind of things do you like?" Kalidas quickly followed up. He could see the lake already, but... they maybe had a minute or two, possibly three. It wasn't a very personal question. Kalidas was sure it was a short list too, so they had plenty of time too.

They didn't have that much time though. They had no time at all. Just after Kalidas asked, a girl came flying from the woods. Her legs were spread wide, and Kalidas didn't mean to look, but her thighs were soaked with a purple liquid. It was just perfectly in his line of sight because she was coming right for his fa- Oh, hell!

Kalidas dodged to the left once he realized what that liquid was. Incest had used some purple liquid before. Apparently it had new tricks for how to use it. The girl landed between himself and Soren. However she quickly made dash back for the woods.

"Hey! Stop!" Kalidas called out to her out of instinct. He knew she couldn't hear him. He grit his teeth and reached out for her, only to see the substance covered her arms too. She was covered in the stuff. They couldn't touch her without falling under that magic.

Even if they wanted to grab the girl before she could get away, a blast of fire came down from above them, creating a temporary barrier for her to get away. This was more of a mess than the first time they had come across Incest's pawns.

digit
Soren Kincaid
“--”
Soren Kincaid
Sep 9 2017, 01:51 PM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Wrath
Demon
588 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Kalidas told Soren he didn't mean to pry...but then he continued to do just that. What did he like? What kind of question was that? How was that even relevant to the task at hand? Soren only had enough time to give the other Commander an obviously annoyed sideways glance before something shot from the trees ahead of the two.

He looked up just in time to get an eyeful of a girl flying crotch first, soaked in purple. As soon as he saw that colour, Soren instantly recoiled and bolted away before she could get near him. His skin had turned black as he instinctively armoured himself even though he knew it wouldn't help against the properties of the liquid. Eyes wide, he only watched blankly as the girl ran back into the woods, uncharacteristically shaken by the thought of how close he had been to falling under Incest's control again.

Soren snapped out of it when flames came down like a curtain to cut them off. It was strange. At first, it had seemed like she wanted them to follow. He wouldn't admit it, but Soren almost didn't want to follow. If he failed again, he wouldn't be able to live with it. He already hated himself for those thoughts.

Soren didn't bother giving it anymore consideration. Wordlessly, he used his pressure magic and concentrated on a single spot, forcing the flames to move away from each other and create a hole. He walked through with a grim look on his face, leaving it open just long enough for Kalidas to follow. He didn't have a way of putting the fire out, but that wasn't something Soren cared about right now. Besides, Incest seemed fond enough of this place; it was highly unlikely he'd see it burn down.

Once on the other side, Soren couldn't help but feel a feeling of foreboding. Now caged in the forest with Incest and his pawns, they could be attacked at any moment - from any direction, even. But there was another feeling. There was something pulling him in a certain direction and he followed it without even checking to confirm that the other Commander was behind him. He knew that wherever he ended up from following this intuition, Incest would be there.

@Linn
Kalidas Sardana
“The Cross' Heart”
Kalidas Sardana
Sep 9 2017, 11:18 PM
Crux Fidelis
Commander - Kindness
Human
202 posts
currently Offline
played by Linn

My Soul..
..It Beats?

To be frank, Kalidas had no idea what the right choice was here. He had no idea what incest was planning, but it seemed like it had gotten smarter. That was quite terrifying. It was bad enough that it had numbers on its side. If it could outsmart them they would be at a huge disadvantage. One wrong move and they'd be under its control. They needed to try and come up with some kind of plan. Kalidas wasn't opposed to using the old trick of getting maimed and blowing up the entire forest...

Oh, no Soren was just going...

Kalidas followed him through the opening he created in the flames. He thought maybe they;d stop there and figure out what was going on. Soren still seemed to have other plans. He just... began walking. What was he...

Kalidas still followed him. Soren clearly knew something he didn't. That was concerning... Soren had snapped out of his mind control before. It seemed like he did anyway. there was no way it was still in effect. But really that could have all been some kind of trick. It wasn't impossible that Incest could have been fooling the Cross this entire time, especially if he had access to Soren's memories.

"S-So I met this nice couple in Apri City right? They uh- You know, they had this really old house, but it wasn't too bad. Um- What was his name.. er.. Frank? Fred? Oh. I know. Fearghas. Yeah. His wife Freja was really sweet too" Kalidas rambled out, hoping he could distract Soren or see if he had any reaction. Both would be good. The less Soren focused on incest the better. If he didn't react at all.. Well, Kalidas knew that would be a fake.

#TRIGGER

digit

Soren Kincaid
“--”
Soren Kincaid
Sep 14 2017, 08:04 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Wrath
Demon
588 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

no control left to lose
Soren was so focused on whatever feeling was leading him to Incest that he nearly forgot he wasn't alone. He snapped out of his trance somewhat and stopped in his tracks when he heard the name "Fearghas". He ignored the other name. Why did Kalidas know those names? There was no way he had just happened to bump into them both. Even if that were the case, why would he tell Soren about them of all people unless he knew how they were connected? He knew the other Commander wanted to be on his good side (if that even existed), but this snooping around in his personal life was way too much.

"That's really interesting," Soren drawled before turning to face Kalidas, face blank. He was still being drawn to a certain spot like a moth to a flame but he had to deal with this first. Why couldn't the other Commander take the hint when Soren said he didn't want to talk about his family? "This Fearghas. I have to ask...do you know about his other name?" he asked, accusing eyes boring into Kalidas. It didn't really even matter if he knew the handle Fearghas went by, really. His fucking face was on wanted posters that anyone in Crux would have seen at some point in their life. Kalidas had to know who he was and instead of arresting him like he was obligated to do, he had a nice chat. Surely, Fearghas was using him to get to Soren. It was pathetic that a Commander was so easily manipulated. It didn't matter because he had no intention of playing along or even acknowledging those people as his family.

Another thought occurred to him. Now that Kalidas knew about his being related to a criminal, Soren's position could be compromised. Then again, maybe not, seeing as he had let said criminal walk away without doing anything. Or at least, that was what it sounded like. They both had leverage. But somehow, Soren figured Kalidas would never actually use his.

# tagged: @Linn
Kalidas Sardana
“The Cross' Heart”
Kalidas Sardana
Sep 22 2017, 07:54 PM
Crux Fidelis
Commander - Kindness
Human
202 posts
currently Offline
played by Linn

My Soul..
..It Beats?

On one hand it was a relief that Soren didn't seem to be completely gone. However... Kalidas himself was in some trouble now. He probably could have just brought up Soren's mother and gotten his attention. Bringing up Fearghas was a bit overboard, because Soren seemed to know everything about the man, maybe a bit more than Kalidas had been able to wrap his head around. Now he had to figure out how to not make this a worse situation.

"Well, I mean... He had some other name sure. Some lady in town called him something else. I think they used to be friends or something" Kalidas replied, not entirely lying. He felt awful trying to lie his way out of this but... He wasn't the brightest, but he wasn't stupid enough to openly admit he knew a lot about Fearghas and hadn't brought him into custody.

"I was just thinking about it because he saved me from some monsters that looked like bears. I thought maybe there would also be some out here, so we should keep an eye out. Who knows what that branch can do now" Kalidas warned, and actually it made sense. He was quite proud of himself. Maybe it seemed a little impossible. It a was stretch since Incest had only controlled human girls before.

As he thought that, the ground rumbled a little bit. Kalidas looked around, a bad feeling in his gut. To their left of course came a horde of huge, angry, and bloody bears. Looking closely Kalidas could see a purple liquid coming out of their mouths. Hell...

Kalidas acted quickly. His bellicosa activated and all twelve blades flew towards the twenty or so bears. He had no shot of killing them with the blades alone. He almost wished he had let himself get burned earlier. Each blades exploded, but the blasts would only work as a distraction. Maybe they would blind or disorient a bear or two, but they had no where near enough power built up to do anything that useful.

"Run now!" He took off in the direction Soren had been leading them, assuming it was the was toward the lake. At least if they reached the lake they'd have a cleared out space to work with. Best case scenario Incest was just waiting for them there and they could just end this quickly.

digit
Soren Kincaid
“--”
Soren Kincaid
Oct 13 2017, 06:58 PM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Wrath
Demon
588 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Soren stared Kalidas down as he stumbled over his words. He couldn't figure out whether the other Commander was playing dumb or if he was actually just dumb on his own. Maybe he was bad about keeping up with wanted criminals. There were a lot...but no, Soren wasn't going to accept that. It was too much of a coincidence. That, and the story was sounding more retarded by the second. Bear monsters? What? Was he making that up because they were in a forest right now?

"Uh-huh," was Soren's initial response. His tone made it clear he didn't actually believe Kalidas. Kindness' case wasn't helped by the fact that he seemed so eager to change the subject. It could be viewed as him starting to focus on the mission at hand like he should've been from the start - but Soren knew better.

One thing that sounded odd about the story was that Fearghas had apparently saved Kalidas. Wasn't he Apocrypha? Why would he do such a thing when it would ultimately benefit him if a Commander was put out of commission? Then again, that could be a lie too.

Soren started and then looked to the left when the ground suddenly began to rumble. He doubted it was the girl from before unless she'd suddenly gained a lot of weight. He stared blankly when he realized they were bears. No way... Of all the things it could have been, it had to be fucking bears. This didn't even make sense. How could incest possibly get access to so many of them? It wasn't like they traveled in packs. Well, these ones did...

While Kalidas was firing off a useless attack, Soren had already started following whatever it was that he knew would lead him to Incest. He didn't quite know why he'd suddenly turned his back on Kalidas again - other than the fact that he was a traitor. The bears just didn't interest him and fighting them would waste time he could use taking down the Sin and hopefully breaking the spell of its purple liquid.

The sound of waves lapping at the shore of the lake caused Soren to stop in his tracks. He knew that if he stepped through the brush in front of him, Incest would be there and waiting. Wary that he'd get attacked and consequently controlled the second he stepped out into the open, but also dying to do just that for some reason, he crouched low and peeked through the bushes, unable to stop himself from continually inching forward. There was that tentacle mass from before. It was a little different though in that some of the appendages seemed to be sharply barbed. A few purple-sprayed girls guarded Incest, and one of them walked by inches away from where Soren hid. He swore he could hear someone laughing.

@Linn
Kalidas Sardana
“The Cross' Heart”
Kalidas Sardana
Dec 11 2017, 06:44 PM
Crux Fidelis
Commander - Kindness
Human
202 posts
currently Offline
played by Linn

My Soul..
..It Beats?

At the very least the ground didn't seem to be rumbling as much as they ran. So maybe the explosions had been enough to spook the bears...briefly. If it was anything like before something like fear wasn't going to stop them from attacking. Everything was just stacked against the two commanders.

Kalidas was just going to run out and get things dealt with. There was hardly a better way to go about things. As long as Soren didn't lose himself again they he knew they could destroy incest again, no matter how smart it thought it had gotten. They were stronger. In the end that was all that really mattered.

Soren stopped last second though, and Kalidas followed suit, worry taking over. Was Soren starting to feel odd? He couldn't deal with this again. At least before he had some kind of help from Soren before he lost his mind. If it was like this from the start... Kalidas was regretting not bringing someone else with them now. He never thought things through. He needed to start thinking things through. How in the world had anyone thought he was ready to be a Commander?

He laid a cautious hand on Soren's shoulder. Normally it would seem like he was trying to comfort someone or let them know he was there for them. There was just a little bit too much pressure behind the touch for it to be so simple. He was getting ready to push Soren into the ground and immobilize him if he had to. He couldn't keep an eye on Soren, so just having some hold on him would have to do. There were other pressing matters.

Like the fact that incest and some girls were right there on the other side of the bushes they were crouched by. Chances were there were others around too, hiding in the trees somewhere. And just as he thought that, he heard the same laugh Soren had.

Kalidas looked just in time to see the fire girl from before flying at the pair. Kalidas had just enough to push Soren to the ground and out of the way with one arm while he raised the other to block the girl's outstretched arms. She came flying with enough force to push him well beyond the safety of their hiding place and onto the sand of the beach around the lake. He saw her open her mouth, which was filled with the purple liquid, and she looked like she was going to try and bite right through his clothes.

He had to act fast. The blades that had been playing ctach up since the bear incident came rushing toward the both of them, and maybe it looked like he was just going to kill the girl, but of course that wasn't the case. Instead he maneuvered his way out of his coat quickly enough to turn the tables on her and wrap it around her tightly before she could bite him. The blades then caught the edges of his coat and pinned the squirming girl to the ground to be dealt with later.

That was one problem dealt with. Now there were countless others to deal with, because of course now he was right in the open, and chances were Soren wasn't hidden anymore either. They just... had to do this.

digit

Soren Kincaid
“--”
Soren Kincaid
Dec 19 2017, 01:46 AM
Poena Damni
Deadly Sin - Wrath
Demon
588 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Soren wanted to tell Kalidas to back off when he felt that hand on his shoulder. He knew exactly what the other commander was trying to say. He was afraid Soren would fall under that thing's control again. Fuck, if Kindness had no faith in him, why was he asked to come along? Still, he couldn't deny that his fixation on the sin was strange. Yes, he wanted to kill it, but this went beyond that. Some part of him wanted to be near Incest. He'd get rid of this gross feeling by killing the branch and making sure it didn't want to come back to this place again.

Soren had barely registered the girl's laugh before he was shoved face-first into the ground with an annoyed grunt. He shot to his feet an instant later and stepped out of the bushes as their cover was obviously blown -if they'd even had it in the first place.

Soren had no interest in the girls that served Incest and he made that clear when he sent quite a few of them flying through the bushes and right into the lake not too far off. Surely, the group could swim since they seemed to like camping so much.

With his path to Incest clear for the time being, Soren focused on the sin and sent a large blade shooting through the mass of tentacles, attempting to nail the abomination to a tree behind it. What ended up happening was Incest split down the middle around the blade before both pieces regenerated on their own. Now there were two independent, smaller tentacle monsters. "Oh..." Soren lowered his hand with a blank face, feeling pretty hopeless now that he knew they couldn't kill Incest through conventional means. It made sense, really. Last time, the sin had still been alive even with only one tentacle left. Wasn't immortality enough for these fucks? So like last time, they had to just keep blowing it up until it ran away.

"Hey. Let me punch you so you can blow it up quicker," Soren deadpanned, looking over at Kalidas. That was how his power worked, wasn't it? It'd be better if Soren hit him so that he didn't fall under Incest's control. It wasn't like Soren actually wanted to hit him or anything.

Incest, however, didn't give a shit about any of that. What he would've liked was to get two commanders on his side this time. They'd be invaluable assets in many ways as long as he kept them sufficiently lubricated. Several sharp tentacles shot out toward Kalidas, who seemed to be the bigger threat between the two when the sin remembered the last time. The other one could be left alone for now, as Incest was counting on him helping the division process since he clearly only knew how to fling sharp objects everywhere -which was so much easier to heal than a burn.

@Linn

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.