megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

you were like a dream 'cause you never came true, cw, damia
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Something within your eyes said it could be the last time.
Aspen Kailasa
Mar 5 2018, 02:35 PM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Aspen's eyes brightened when Damia seemed to recognized her voice -or at the very least, react to it. Even though the situation was nothing sort of a disaster, there was some small, sick part of the sin that enjoyed this. Finally, Damia was talking to her. Not one of the girl's many fabricated personalities, but the real Damia. She'd hit rock-bottom and now, with her web of deceit seemingly torn apart, she spewed everything, and Aspen was the one to witness it. On a base level, it was true that the sudden output of negative emotion was empowering Aspen as it did all sins. But that was not the sole component to her elation. This all felt...fated. She didn't even know what she was feeling, really.

Just that maybe following Damia home wasn't such a bad idea after all. If the sin hadn't appeared in this vulnerable moment, Damia might have lived this lie for years to come. Damia might never have been able to bring herself to trust Aspen. Things would stay the same. Boring. Lonely. Longing. Nostalgia-tinged streets of Aryoch would torment the sin for the long duration of her immortality. But now...something was changing, and it was all so dramatic that Aspen once again had this feeling that maybe she was apart of something bigger rather than just another pawn in a one-sided holy war meant to create a lonely, homogeneous world she truly had no interest in.

Aspen had listened intently to Damia's words, nodding along the way and sporting sympathetic yet intense eyes. Fear sparked there for a moment when she realized there was something eerily similar between them, but she tried to not dwell on it for longer than necessary. What was going on right now -it wasn't about Aspen. Well, in her mind, part of it was. But right now, Damia was the one who needed the focus.

The sin let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding, closing her eyes for a moment as she briefly squeezed Damia's shoulder in an attempt to comfort her and perhaps reinforce the babbling girl's tether to reality. "Selfless," Aspen suddenly said, opening her eyes again and smiling. "You don't think about yourself. You live for others. You know, that's one of the most endearing traits a person can have," her tone was tinged with a deep longing and she felt a bold and borderline-inappropriate question bubbling to the surface -but for now, she quelled it. "But for some people, that trait is endearing because it means they can use you. And when you take it too far, it becomes self-destructive." Aspen's tone dropped into a regretful sounding one at that, as if she was relating to some extent. That was enough of that -she definitely didn't need to depress Damia any further.

"You don't like it here at all, right?" Aspen asked, heart rate spiking at the thought of what she was about to propose and the crushing possibility of it being refused. "If that's true, why don't you try devoting your life to me instead? I have always needed you, Damia. If you say that everything we are -everything we were- was fake, I won't believe you. You're a good actor, but no one is that good," she maintained an encouraging tone despite the fact that nerves were tearing her apart on the inside. This was messed up! She'd just told Damia to leave everything behind for her even though this was the first time they had seen each other in years! "I'm sorry...I probably sound like a total asshole right now," she murmured, briefly bowing her head.

"With a fresh start, you can figure out who you are. That's what I think..."

@Nyx
Damia Callisto
“”
Damia Callisto
Apr 9 2018, 08:49 PM
Unsorted
Viscount
Human
14 posts
currently Offline
played by Nyx

Selfish the word slapped her like a whip’s lash, ripping into new, hidden parts of her left uninjured by the ravages of this horrific lifestyle she lead. Where selling her body, changing her mind, tearing apart her very heart itself was key to survival, still in all this there was a part of her left to injure. The smile on Aspen’s face was twisted like a leering jeer of a crowd egged onto a witch hunt, mocking her, laughing just as she’d always known the girl would do.

Except it wasn’t not at all, the smile was soft and as the words continued to flow they described another word, close but still very different and the meaning it was a baffling thing, one only fools would believe in. Selfless? Her? Thump thump thump the banging from down the hall and the wail of a witch getting her just desserts in her old age screamed for a daughter she did not want but simply needed. What did she have to gain from helping that wicked witch of the west whose entire life had not done Damia a single kindest to the youngest child. Taken away everything, books, friends, her interesting in the machines of the world, Aspen. Aspen who was right here with Damia at her darkest hour for surely it could be no worse. Here with a smile and words that offered healing, even if their meaning wasn’t entirely picked up by the shattered mind, their intent made it home.

Aspen posed a question and a solution all at once and from then on the rest of her words were not different than the adults in a cartoon where everyone bullies the nice guy. They meant nothing, not a damned thing, all the encouragement and support, persuasive thinking in the world not a syllable of it reached her. The answer would have been the same, no matter the demon, for that was all she could be. Everything froze inside of her and as Aspen continued to speak in another languages of wah’s and wuh’s there was nothing, but a terrifying echo of words spoken by someone else, it was deafening and overpowering. How could silence be so heavy and light at the same time. Light?

Then she realized it was not that everything had frozen,, the thousand screaming ideals had simply stopped their wails of agony no different than the old woman down the way. Instead for once, in so fucking long that the mere memory of it was but a whisper, Damia;’s mind moved as one.

”Ok”Damia said it so plainly as though she were being told the weather was rain in seracier. That was all she could say, that was it, the answer in ten thousand lifetimes could never be different. Not now, and not if Aspen had asked that question years ago. Tears were streaming down the exhausted face that sagged with the weight of sleepless nights piling on top of each other. Her tone was flat but a cracked, damaged smile struck its self into her lips, sincerity trying to fit into deceptions mold, leaving the oddest of twisted smiles. ”I will Aspen….” Reaching out slowly, tentatively, a beaten dog weakly asking for permission from its rescuers. Hopeful, weak, pleading but still she were allowed to do so Damia pull herself against Aspen. Clinging on so tightly her nails would claw at the skin.

@[Hireath]
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Aspen Kailasa
Apr 14 2018, 06:19 PM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Aspen blinked, not entirely comprehending Damia's words at first. Did she actually just say yes? Well, it was an unenthused-sounding "okay", but that was still a yes, wasn't it? The sin stared disbelievingly, yet still elated by the unexpected turn of events. When Damia confirmed her decision, Aspen started a little, looking like a deer in the headlights. "Really?" She'd fully expected to be denied and yelled at for saying such insensitive things.

She soon came back down to earth and wrapped her arms around Damia, resting her chin on the other girl's shoulder with a soft smile. "We're gonna have so much fun together." It didn't come out right for the situation, but she hardly cared. She'd finally gotten her back. What she'd desperately wanted for so long. For once, Aspen didn't feel empty. She looked forward to the future even though she had no specific plans in store for them -it was more fun that way though, right? It was honestly a strange feeling. It almost felt wrong, but that was probably just because she was a sin now and these sorts of emotions weren't something she deserved or was meant to have. But...to hell with that.

"What should we do with her?" Aspen whispered after a while, referring to Damia's mother. She could hear her making a racket down the hall. How could one person be so annoying? The sin knew exactly what she wanted to do with that wretched woman, but it wasn't her right to make that decision, so she didn't offer any unseemly suggestions.

@Nyx
Damia Callisto
“”
Damia Callisto
Apr 24 2018, 10:45 PM
Unsorted
Viscount
Human
14 posts
currently Offline
played by Nyx

Damia clung to Aspen and held herself to the other girl as tears stained her cheeks. Aspens offer was like a chain around her neck dragging her down, salvation, grounding the girl and keeping the storm inside from ripping the noble away.Yet the damage had been done, the cracks ran so deep they might never be filled, the broken pieces may never find their way together again. That was okay, for now their purpose was singular and the broken shards if her might never be whole, they were united in this one desire.

Of course Damia’s salvation would be an act she considered so selfish it fit her nature perfectly. How many times had she wounded Aspen, ravaged her with words the had done so much harm with remorse little more than an echo of humanity long sold away. Without any hesitation to accept the hand that she’d spurned so many times. Not a single fuck was given, the relief was just so overpowering, the scent of her savior was so familiar and nostalgic that her eyes closed as memories surfaced. Immediately she banished those warm safe thoughts, she didn't need them this moment, Aspen was here, now, right before Damia. She would be, forever.

A question was posed, what do we do with her, her being of course the screaming bitch down the hall. Reluctantly pulling away to look down the hallway, her eyes bleary as they gazed through the walls where she imagined that crone laying, screaming for everyone else in the world but her caretaker. Considering this for a time.

”Perhaps I forgive her. I go say goodbye, send for a doctor and leave. Waving her hand as if this were a casual cold. Better than what she deserves but the only thing I want to focus on is you” Turning to lean up and place her lips against Aspen’s.

That was what she had planned to do….

“i don't care…. “ finally settling on an answer.”if we left her she's as good as dead . She can't do anything for herself, wouldn't last the week people will assume i skipped town and that bitch cann die screaming for someone who won't come…” She trailed off her voice no longer a hushed whisper when it looked like she was done Damia spoke again “We can also kill her and no one would notice for weeks, until the debt collectors show up” She shrugged. “I don't really care, whatever you want to do”Reaching out to take a hand and gently grasp it. Smiling with the corners of her mouth, what happened to that bitch didn't matter.

That was what she meant to say instead.

A venomous tremble rippled through the woman, her lips quivered as she leaned towards the wall an arm outstretched. ”I want her to scream, I want her to suffer as I have, to know the pain of the flesh! D To have a spike driven into your very mind, I want you to know the pain she has put me through and I want you to know that I will never ever betray you again Aspen. Ever, I can’t….. I don’t think I can feel remorse anymore. Just Hate….I suppose. Yet I swear with all that I am, little more than dust held together by a porcelain shell. That never again will I betray you in my life or in my death”

That was what she’d meant to say next

”I want to say bye bye to mommy and show her my best friend one last time” Speaking like a doll whose words come at the whims of a child and a pull string cord. Pulling back from her salvation with a kiss on the cheek Damia stood up. One hand sliding down along the cool delicate,yet strong hands that she had missed so very much, she pulled. Bringing the other with her they walked together. Down creaky old floor boards that squeaked and squaked trying to make morbid predicitions as to what was about to happen next.

This was what she did.

”You know Aspen, I used to dream that we would run away together” Walking side by side, looking around the house, her voice even and relaxed like they were going out for a walk. There was a taste of wistfulness in the voice. ”Some far off land, we could have been pirates you’d like a fucking bad ass in those boots brandishing a cutlass…” A soft smile on her face. ”Or perhaps I’d have gone to the academy and become an engineer tinkering in the basement. You could look after the house and our 10 dogs, five of which would have been little corgis named spud. All of them and they’d all come at once when you called their name like one big happy ball” the tears for these dead dreams dried up years ago, but the pain was bitter in her voice.

All the while the wicked bitch of the west screamed, with all she had and then some . You couldn't wonder how any mortal woman could leak let out a shriek so hard that her vocal cords sounded like grating metal. You could even imagine her twisting and writhing, just by the way the tone and intensity of the wailing shifted erratically. A face slamming itself into a pillow, like a child throwing a tantrum because it tired, but this was far worse, for children need to breathe It was like this woman was some sort of monster whose entire existence was to let out this piercing shriek that hit that perfect tone to drill it right into your fucking head.

Down the old hallway, past the broken mirrors and peeled wallpaper, all that was left in their pather were the things that could could not be gained from selling. Junk among the ruin of splendors, they stopped in front of a set of double doors whose windows had been smashed out, judging by the splintered wood although the glass was long gone. Cracking open the door like children sneaking into a parents bedroom on the hunt for a sneak peak of christmas.”Shhh…”

They entered into the rotting carcass of luxury. Stained silks that had lost their colors for those sickness, say nothing of the twisting screaming mass of what some might call a woman. Whose scream never seemed tocease, screaming in agony as though her skin were on fire this very moment. ”Mother, I’ve brought Aspen to see you… Aspen, do you have anything to say to mother?”

@Hiraeth
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Aspen Kailasa
May 9 2018, 03:46 PM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Even after all she'd witnessed, Aspen was visibly surprised when Damia suddenly switched demeanours, calling for her mother's blood and reaching for the wall separating them from the woman as if she wanted to wrap her hands around the frail neck right then and there. A rush of energy flooded into the sin as the pinkette's negative emotion fueled her. It wasn't just one's garden variety of general negativity - what Damia displayed and felt correlated directly with the sin Aspen represented: judgment. Suddenly, her fatigue from going intangible for so long earlier seemed to vanish. Her pupils dilated, and it was difficult for her not to march into the matriarch's room to pass judgment herself. No...that woman's fate was to be decided by Damia, the one who'd suffered by her hands for so long.

Suddenly, Aspen wasn't entirely against the idea of bringing Damia before Lucifer. She sounded like premium sin material. It sounded like something she wanted, honestly. But that was something they could easily discuss later.

"And now, you can do all of that if you so wish. You're truly free, Damia," Aspen told the woman, voice coy and honeyed. She felt like a devil whispering into the girl's ear, egging her on. The analogy wasn't totally unfitting. The empowerment from Damia's will to pass judgment made Aspen feel more antagonistic than usual. It should have scared her, but in the moment, she loved it. This was the salvation Pride granted the sins for a meager price. They could do anything they wished without lasting consequence. Who in their right (or wrong, even) mind could resist?

She couldn't deny Damia's doll-like tone after that was a tad disconcerting, but at the same time, it was freaky, which was...not a bad thing in the sin's books. Excited goosebumps rose where the pinkette's lips pecked, fingers traced as she stood, and Aspen immediately complied to follow her - admittedly surprised by the other girl's strong grip. Yes, they were going to have so much fun together. Aspen wasn't going to let her go. Not again. Not ever.

"Oh yeah?" Aspen mused after Damia had expressed one of her past wishes. She couldn't deny it was something she'd wanted as well; running away together, that was. Back then, there wasn't much to tie the sin down other than her job, which honestly...wasn't a big deal. She'd never had the courage to ask Damia that favour - to abandon everything for both their sakes. Or at the time, just for Aspen's sake. She'd never known the full extent of her first love's torture before now.

Aspen felt her eyes burn slightly while Damia went through possible futures they could've had together, chuckling at the phrase "happy ball". "I wanted that too. Always..." she replied quietly, wistful eyes staring into the distance. "I had no courage back then. Because of it, you suffered longer than you had to..." She sounded regretful, but realized she sounded too guilty and her tone picked back up, "there's a way we can make up for that lost time. And then some." Her eyes flashing knowingly.

Aspen resisted the urge to cover her ears as they approached the doors, scowling with annoyance. How was someone so ancient so tenacious in their pursuit of attention? Sweet Orpheus...was she actually dying, or was this nonsense a regular occurrence? Aspen would've knocked this bitch off decades ago if she had to deal with it.

When Damia brought her before the old crone, and prompted her to speak, the sin found she could barely even think over the racket. She quickly tired of the screeching serenade and stomped her foot down, barking, "shut the fuck up!" Her sinful aura flowed out unseen, affecting Damia's mother alone and forcing her into compliance. Despite whatever she might have been feeling physically, that woman couldn't bring herself to disobey someone who's approval she desperately wanted. Of course, this wasn't the actual case but a mental affect of Aspen's browbeat which a sick, age-addled human had no hope of resisting. "Not you, of course," Aspen giggled afterward, elbowing Damia.

Trying to think of what she could say to Damia's mother, she came up empty. She had nothing to say to this wretched creature. Aspen decided that was the best, most demeaning path she could take considering her browbeat's current affect on the matriarch. She surveyed the previously screaming wreck with mock pity which quickly transitioned into a smirk before disregarding her entirely as if she wasn't there. "Nah, this one's all yours," she told Damia, hoping it was an outcome the other girl could appreciate.

@Nyx

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.