megalomania
animanga original fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that a war lurks on the horizon.
rules premise factions wanted ads f.a.q. face claims directory notifications

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

you were like a dream 'cause you never came true, cw, damia
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Something within your eyes said it could be the last time.
Aspen Kailasa
Nov 6 2017, 05:46 AM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Uncanny happiness took hold of Aspen when Damia confirmed that she hadn't meant what she'd said back then. In that moment, it was like the lights had been turned back on. Something that had stuck with her so relentlessly the past few years was finally lifted. Damia wasn't the one at fault! Damia didn't hate her. She didn't need to be sad or alone anymore --wait, wasn't she getting a little too ahead of herself? Damia could be lying. But stuck there, looking into her eyes, Aspen couldn't see a trace of deception. Even if she was a good liar, there was no way anyone could hold such a steady gaze while doing it. Aspen was the sin of judgment; she would know.

But it bothered her that Damia wouldn't tell her why she said something she didn't mean. Even if the truth was painful, she needed to know why this had happened. She was unnaturally driven to see to it that whoever had come between them was punished. She was always like this, but even more so now that it was personal.

Aspen squeezed Damia's hand with renewed vigour, maintaining eye contact. "Damia...no matter what it is, you can tell me. There is no such thing as 'outlandish' in this world," she assured the other girl, her demeanour more serious now. Aspen had always possessed a vivid imagination. Before, she'd thought this world was boring. But her eyes had been opened upon becoming a Sin. Nothing was too 'weird' or 'unbelievable' to her know as long as she could tell that the spoken words were true. But she knew this assurance wouldn't be enough to get Damia to spill, because everyone said what she just had when they wanted to know something. Everyone pretended to listen and later went to ridicule the person foolish enough to tell them something in confidence.

No, if she wanted to learn a secret, she had to give one away herself.

"You saw what I did to those guys back there, yeah? I'm sure you've already figured this out...but I'm not human anymore." Technically, Aspen never had been human, but that wasn't important. "If someone is manipulating you...I can put an end to it. I can do a lot more than throw trees. So you can tell me, okay?" she implored, hoping she didn't sound too desperate.

@Nyx
Damia Callisto
“”
Damia Callisto
Nov 10 2017, 12:01 AM
Unsorted
Viscount
Human
14 posts
currently Offline
played by Nyx

Damia saw the change in Aspen's demeanor as she brightened, instead of angering and as the powerful woman grew cheery it unwound some coil that had wrapped around her insides. A gust of relief blew through the pink haired woman, and a smile returned to her own features. Aspen believed her, that fact felt better than she had expected it would and it helped washed away some of the awful things that had happened tonight. Yet an upturn was a fickle thing, the confident squeeze of her hand, the eye contact made all felt hollow as the push came for more information.

"I can't" Reiterating this in response to the first time her dear Aspen pushed for more information. As quickly as it had vanished, that winding feeling gripped her heart in a tight clench. Yet the other girl didn't seem content with that and she continued, stating the obvious that something had happened and she wasn't human anymore. That had been apparent and she'd been suppressing the desire to ask more about that all night, but now that the subject had been brought up, it was far from the focus of Damia's mind. Recognizing it for what it was, a secret for a secret, desperately the noble wanted to look away from the one who held her gaze so strongly. It wasn't the same, the exchange wouldn't be fair, but that secret part somewhere deep within that had been locked away was desperate to be free. "I....it's..." Tripping over words that wanted to come out, but a tongue that was paralyzed with indecision.

Squeezing the hand that held her, seeking courage to open the flood gates that strained under the pressure. Desire to spill raged against the fear that contained it, two opposing forces clashing felt like it was a living hell. A crinkle of paper caught Damia's ear's and she broke Aspen's gaze and stared at the paper bag that had suddenly turned into a two ton weight. What was inside, everything it represented all the things she had worked so hard to keep from the world, it caused the pink haired girl to let go of the hand that held hers. "I can't. I'm sorry, I should go ... I have to get this home, it's getting later than I thought" Turning her face upwards so that her eyes could return to the gaze of the other, there was that bright cheer that she wore so openly. "We can hang out tomorrow though if you'd like, we can go shopping! or out to a cafeee~ ! "

Acting like everything was normal, as though the fact that one of the people she held dearest hadn't just admitted they weren't human. Simply brushed it all away with that smile as though everything was right in a world filled with nothing but wrong.

@Hiraeth
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Aspen Kailasa
Nov 16 2017, 07:22 PM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Aspen nodded and leaned forward slightly as Damia struggled to vocalize her burden. She would try to be patient. Still, she felt her anger burn at the thought of what could be so hard for Damia to say. Someone must have threatened her. Aspen wanted to know who it was so she could kill them! She'd go do it right now! She wouldn't just kill them, she'd torture them for hours! And then...when she saw them in Alptraum after the fact, she'd present them to the thirstiest sin available as a fucktoy!

The sin was so sure she was about to get the information she desired, so when Damia suddenly looked away and let go of her hand, she couldn't help but let her determined expression falter for a split second, looking like she'd been slapped. She stepped back, feeling ashamed of herself for some reason. She had pushed too hard, hadn't she? Damia probably thought she was crazy. They had only just reconnected and already, Aspen was talking about how she'd strike down the other girl's enemies. She had to admit, it was a little...much.

"Ah...I guess that wasn't enough, huh? It was already obvious..." Aspen tried to laugh it off before realizing she should just stop talking about it altogether. She was saying too much when it was obvious that Damia wasn't interested in hearing it. She was busy...she had her own life. "I mean...right. Forget I said anything," she finished abruptly, glancing off to the side and toward the ground.

Aspen straightened up when Damia suggested they get together again tomorrow. That was good. At least she wasn't completely written off. "Sounds good. Meet you halfway again?" she replied with forced cheer, ignoring the fact that she didn't even live in Aryoch anymore so they could meet anywhere.

Once Damia had set on her way, Aspen turned and started shambling in the opposite direction. "Why do I feel bad? She should just tell me and it'd solve everything..." she grumbled out of earshot, absently kicking at a rock and scowling. She stopped when a thought struck her; she didn't need Damia to tell her. It was underhanded...but if Damia wouldn't accept any help, what else could be done? It'd be better this way in the long run.

Aspen looked back over her shoulder to make sure Damia still had her back to her. Once she was sure the coast was clear, she let herself fade out of the physical plane, effectively becoming invisible, intangible, and entirely undetectable.

@Nyx
Damia Callisto
“”
Damia Callisto
Dec 11 2017, 10:50 PM
Unsorted
Viscount
Human
14 posts
currently Offline
played by Nyx

Damia hurried back towards her home, leaving Aspen behind as she made her way along their familiar route, past the field filled with death that had yet to be discovered, it gave the woman pause, although just for the span of a moment as she continued onwards. The land was surrounded on four sides by thick hedges on all four sides, the lush green vegetation stood over eight feel tall and completely hid the imposing iron wrought fence that was within the leafy confines. With two large gates in the front, decorated with ornate carvings, and polished to a shine, to the more common folk it was meant to give off a more imposing and powerful atmosphere. Carefully maintained, the gates uttered not even a squeak as the girl opened them and slipped between the metal doors before locking them once more. Castillo manor loomed in the dark of the night, a sprawling three tiered mansion that had once been the envy of all the world, once.

The Castillo's had ceased their balls and their parties so many years ago that Damia had only been five, the only memory she had of such were vague and unfocused. Everything looked as though the mansion was in perfect condition, pristine as the day it had been built on this city's founding, so very long ago. For over a hundred years, the girls family had ruled with wealth and fortune, bending nearly the entire city at their whim, such was the power that Damia's family once held.

Hurrying along the path, through the doors that led into the grand entrance way that before Damia's time had been the host of all the most envious of parties, now it was in shambles. A grand staircase dominated the round room, for sheer theatrics only, it seemed desolate and almost abandoned. Once a crystal chandelier hung from the high ceiling, powered by electricity which at its installation had been a thing for the nobility only, that had been sold years ago, the same could be said about the expensive artwork, the hand carved onyx and marble statues, even the coat rack. A hall that had once been the epitome of wealth and fortune was now empty for all that wasn't nailed down, the paint was cracked and peeling, the staircase creaked and groaned with its age, protesting against every foot that weighed against its boards.

It was an open secret, the family was broke had been for so many years, when their gold mines ran dry and ancestors both living and dead had squandered the fortune as though the family was still in their prime. Maintaining even the illusion of wealth was a cost that only ever grew when the house was already over a century old, before their coffers had dried. So things had been sold one by one, in order to pay for the things most essential to maintaining this guise, clothes, the yard, the outside of the house. Despite the fact that there were almost a hundred rooms (for what, she did not know, their family had never been more than 10 living at anytime in their history) almost all of them had been sealed up simpyly to keep the heating bills lower. The house had been gouged, from the inside out stripped of almost everything of value, every so often the bills would pile up, and the young lady would scour those abandoned rooms looking for artifacts that could be worth their weight in coin. This task was only growing increasingly difficult with each passing venture, sometimes it felt like there was nothing left, yet the house always seemed to have just one more jewel tucked away in some forgotten corner to keep it afloat another month. What would happen when it didn't, Damia didn't have the luxury of worrying that far ahead.

This mansion might be a good metaphor of the girl herself, pretty on the outside, but gutted by greed and desperation on the inside, filled with naught but a hollow cold feeling where that desperate scramble to stay afloat devoured anything of value. Yet the leaking roof, the sagging floors, the water pipes held together by duct tape alone, actually a scary amount of home repairs including parts of the homes furnace and chimney. (She also didn't have the luxury of worrying about the consequences of using tape near a heating source) All of these patches, repairs and make do's had been done by the girl with pink hair who crept across the floor trying not to make a single sound as she ascended the stair case. Maintaining everything was an endless task, bailing an ocean liner with a bucket that had a hole in it, all the while having to keep up with a social circle, trying to outsource income from other places.

Despite the weight of this place, the debt that dragged her down, the endless list of tasks that needed to be done. Only ever growing longer no matter the struggles against it, despite the fact that every part of her heart, and body had a price if that would provide some relief, none of it was the biggest weight that held the girl who was drowning in life down. Halfway up the stairs, the fickle old things betrayed the girl, perhaps as punishment for not caring for them better, creaked and in the dead silence of a dark house it might as well have been a gunshot.

Damia? a voice called out and Damia's blackened twisted heart sank.....A woman came out from around the corner and stood atop the steps. Her willowy build suggested she had once been beautiful, but the tattered moth eaten silk dress she was wearing and the stringy white hair that had been left unattended only helped exaggerate the lines in this face that told the story of a youth filled with weight not too dissimilar from the younger girl. Ninian Callisto was 56, but she looked 66 at least, why she was wearing a dress that had been sitting in some trunk somewhere, was anyone's guess. This was the hardest part of the pink haired girls life, at least this time her mother had recognized the youngest daughter. "Hi mom....how are you feeling?" Asking tentatively to the woman who held a candle aloft in the darkness, this was a mine field she would tread carefully.

Damia dear, are you alright? Ignorign the question her daughter posed, the mother stepped forward with grace that existed in muscle memory alone and held up the candle light so she could see the battered markings from the events earlier. Oh my, what happened?! "Mom it's a-[/i] Trying to speak, Ninian cut the girl off, as though Damia's words had gone unheard. No one does this to a Callisto and gets away with it, I'll head right over and we'll get the authorities in on this [b]"Mother! i'm alright, they're.. she hesitated and then continued. "gone...Aspen saved me, you remember my friend ri-" The crack of a slap like a gun shot (Wow. I really abuse these poor girls) as Ninan's hand cracked out like a whip striking the battered girl who stood still as a stone, her face showed nothing. "I've told you! a thousand times I don't want you associating with that common trashy whore, why can't you be like your sister? She's such a good girl, always does what I ask of her and doesn't spend time with her lessers. Now then where's your brother, he promised to go out for a walk with me before your father gets home

Damia's father had been dead for years, so had Madelyn, and Christopher had run away to avoid paying his gambling debts. Dementia they called it, the eroding of the mind due to age, but for Ninian it had come fast and harsh, ravaging everything that made the woman who she was without mercy. All of the stress from this damned household had turned a slow creeping ailment to a forest fire that was only getting worse, sometimes she talked to people who weren't there, sometimes she could scream for hours at nothing, swearing spitting and clawing like a savage cat. Other, more blissful times she was calm and almost helpful, this was somewhere in between, the paper bag held the medicine to help the matriarch of a damned family sleep.

There was no point in explaining that mother was waiting for those who would never come, instead some arbitrary excuse as to why they were delayed (past midnight nonetheless) so began the monotonous task of getting her mother into bed.

Chip

chip

chip

splintering more of the girl who was sure she had nothing left to give, it was like minding an adult sized child who could go into fits because of some slight that had happened a decade ago. Undressing mother and helping her into bed, all the while the woman would praise a dead sister and insult the one who was killing herself for the mad woman, as though she didn't exist at all. With only one tantrum, it would take just under an hour to get the older woman ready for bed give her the pills that did nothing for the condition, just to help her sleep.

another chip gone.

Damia made her way back to her room, hollow, alone and hurt, was her fate to end up like the woman in bed who talked to ghosts that didn't exist? Too tired to think about it, too tired to wonder why she stayed in a place that was nothing but a crypt. As she past an old warped mirror, weary eyes caught a glimpse of the scattered grey roots that had become more common with each night, time to redye then.

There were no more tears, hadn't been for years, just cold and empty exhaustion.

@Hiraeth
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Aspen Kailasa
Dec 24 2017, 11:45 AM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Even though Aspen had already heard a lot about Damia's massive house, she didn't quite expect it to be so over the top. Everything was so shiny, and the sin had to wonder, was the huge yard worth it when they had to walk so long to get inside? Really, it seemed to be mostly for show, and Aspen wasn't sure how she felt about it all. She was more of a practical girl though. She floated along behind Damia, trying to wrap her head around the fact that a girl with such an elegant lifestyle actually had some huge burden to worry about. Maybe it was bullshit and Damia had just wanted to get away from Aspen after all.

When they went inside, she banished that thought entirely. Clearly, it had been a nice place at some point, but now, it almost looked abandoned. There wasn't even much in the way of stuff. Did Damia actually live here? Or perhaps, did she live here alone?

As they ascended the stairs, it seemed like Damia was trying to do so quietly. So there was someone else here. Even though she couldn't possibly be heard as she was then, Aspen also tried to walk as quietly as possible while she followed the pink-haired girl. When she realized what she was doing, she felt stupid. Really, everything she was doing at the moment was stupid. What did she expect to accomplish by following Damia like this? It wasn't as if she could actually use any of this information. She couldn't possibly tell her childhood friend she'd stalked her so closely. Just the thought had Aspen wanting to die. She'd never stalked anyone before. She should've left right then and there, but honestly, Aspen wanted to know more about Damia. Asking outright had never gotten her anywhere, either.

Unfortunately, the fact that Damia was secretive didn't justify any of this. Aspen knew she'd be pissed if she found out someone had stalked her. Well, unless that someone was hot. Somehow, that made it into somewhat of a turn-on.

Aspen jumped when she heard a gravelly voice call after Damia. She hung back as a thin, older woman came to stand at the top of the stairs, the flame from a candle she held shedding some light on the situation. Who was this, Damia's grandmother? Wait, mom? Oops.

Aspen didn't have to feel bad about her misguess for long, as what started as a mother fussing over her daughter quickly devolved into abuse. The sin nearly became tangible again and leapt forward when the old bitch suddenly slapped Damia. Oh, no, she really didn't fucking like that. Aspen kind of really just wanted to set that woman on fire, but even she wouldn't go so far as to kill one of her friend's parents. She was sure it wouldn't help her relationship with Damia -which she still wasn't entirely sure why she was trying to rekindle.

It seemed as though the second Aspen's name had been uttered, everything went to shit. She had no idea Damia's family even knew of her, let alone this. "Common trashy whore..." the sin muttered, grinding her teeth a little as she listened to the unpleasant woman drone on. How nice of her to start talking about other people so easily when the daughter in front of her had obviously been attacked recently. Why was Damia just putting up with it like this?

She continued to follow the two, getting increasingly annoyed which each passing second. Did that woman ever shut up? Aspen was surprised Damia didn't just kill the old bag. What was even the point of keeping someone like that alive? Not only was she a bitch, but she was obviously riddled with mental diseases for being so old. If she were to die suddenly, it'd be a mercy, and not only for the deceased.

But, she reminded herself that it was Damia's mother and the girl probably loved her even if just for that. It was something Aspen could hardly understand, though, since he didn't really care about her own mother. It was shameful enough that she was born from some Cross-fucker.

It was when the old crone was finally sleeping and out of the picture, and Damia and Aspen were in what seemed to be her room that the sin found out her abilities had a limit. What had been a slow-building tiredness (that she attributed to losing her shit and killing those men earlier) suddenly vanished, and Aspen became visible once more. She didn't even realize that her glamour had worn off until she walked by a mirror and saw her own reflection. Her eyes went wide and she started to slowly tiptoe backward, not even daring to breathe.

@Nyx
Damia Callisto
“”
Damia Callisto
Jan 18 2018, 10:32 AM
Unsorted
Viscount
Human
14 posts
currently Offline
played by Nyx

Weary and tired Damia entered her room, this place was a haunting memory of the haven it had once been to a girl the age of 12. Colors once bright and vibrant had also been mercilessly blasted by the ravages of time, they looked as though were just as tired as the Callisto girl. Money and time to repaint these walls had never been an option like the rest of the house, so watching slowly, as like her, the house, mother, the room degraded into a shell of its former lustre. Only the bare minimal furniture remained, a desk filled with bills and notices, things to pay and people demanding more money, normally even at this late hour that desk would require an hour of attention. Keeping all the creditors in check required a very precarious balance of circling around to different loan sharks, each pass pulled her deeper into the depravity but there was no way out.

Tonight though she was just so tired, that even the concept of looking at that pile added a pound of weight to the lead in her gut. Likely another restless night of sleep, getting the bare minimal to function, as the pink haired noble started to undress. In doing so, she noticed a small penny on the floor just behind her, not one to believe in luck but desperate enough that every penny counted, Damia turned. Intending to pick up the lucky coin, instead she saw Aspen as the woman was backing up. Everything stopped, her heart ceased its beating, breathing became forgotten and a choking sense of dread wrapped its way around her neck. "Y..." She was speechless, utterly and completely.

Horror hit her like a freight train filled with sledge hammers, for so long she'd battled with everything that the girl could muster to keep the secret hidden from everyone. The pain she'd endured it had it all been for this, now someone, Aspen of all people had seen the truth. How, Why, those questions didn't even bubble up to the surface of the girls mind, at least not yet. Pain, exhaustion, this night had ravaged Damia without a shred of mercy, for far too long she'd been struggling against too much and now this, might just be the thing that broke her. A haggard wheeze left the girl, perhaps frustration, or maybe despair, perhaps it was the only sound the normally chatty girl could make.

Something inside snapped, how curious that she'd anything left to break after all this. "You followed me! I ... you, how did you?" The words were tumbling out, and in her short life she'd always learned to assume the worst. There was no time for answers from Aspen, she kept going. "Well go on then! laugh! T-that's what you came here for isn't it?!" There was a trembling note to each word, instability leaked from each syllable, her voice was on the rise with each word spoken. For once the sleeping woman down the hall forgotten, the unhinged girl was starting to tremble all over. The pace of her breath quickened into fast shallow breaths that took in no air, as panic strangled her, if Aspen told anyone it would all be over. Damia looked as though she might collapse at anymoment as she wheezed trying to breath.

@Hiraeth

Felt right to make it a bit shorter as Damia cracks.
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Aspen Kailasa
Feb 4 2018, 02:40 AM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

Aspen was so close to the door. She was sure she'd make it, but for whatever reason, Damia started to turn around. She tried to vanish again to no avail. Left with no other option, the sin covered her eyes with her hands and stopped dead in her tracks -not that it would accomplish anything. She remained deathly still even as she heard Damia struggling to find words, obviously in shock. Somehow, Aspen had a distinct feeling that she had seen things she wasn't supposed to. She was awaiting screaming and cursing from one of the only people she couldn't defend herself against.

Realizing that hiding was useless, Aspen slowly lowered her hands. Her eyes were downcast at first, but she eventually dredged up the courage to look at Damia. She understood that her suddenly appearing in this room made no sense. It had been a while -felt like hours- and if Aspen had been visible during that time, there was no way she could have remained undetected. That part, she understood. What she didn't get was why the pink-haired girl thought she would be laughed at. What was funny about this situation? What sort of person did Damia think Aspen was that she would laugh at a friend in a bad situation? Well, she had killed several people earlier, so maybe that was justified... Plus, it wasn't like the two girl had ended things on a civil note years ago.

"I uh...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have followed you. I wanted to know what was going on, and I knew you would never tell me," she mumbled, struggling to keep the tiniest hint of bitterness out of her voice at the last few words. No one ever trusted her with anything. Now that she had the power to just take whatever she wanted, it was hard not to. But she shouldn't have done that to someone she cared about -even if the feeling wasn't mutual. She'd wanted to help, but it didn't look like she was helping anything right now. Damia looked like she was about to faint.

"I don't really know what's going on here, but I won't laugh...or tell anyone." Aspen looked down and off to the side, waiting for Damia to tell her to leave.

@Nyx
Damia Callisto
“”
Damia Callisto
Feb 4 2018, 10:53 PM
Unsorted
Viscount
Human
14 posts
currently Offline
played by Nyx

[[CW warning]]

Damia stared at Aspen as the woman before her spoke, babbling trying to justify it all, but barely a word registered within the pink girls mind. A hollow rotting feeling had taken hold, it wound tighter and tighter around the girl who was stressed to the absolute max it felt like something physically had its self wrapped around with a strangling grip. Pulling tighter than the hang man's nose, it seemed impossible that any being could sustain so much pressure it was like wearing a choke a dozen sizes too small. The final statement by Aspen, the girl making a promise that anyone would surely believe in, yet the demoness had a single thing against her that made all the difference in the world, something lacked by Damia.

Empathy, the ability to place your self in the shoes of another and understand them, this lack of empathy was truly the root of all her problems. Whether inherent or learned, it meant she could not look at something from someone else's perspective, she could only relate to what she would do in that situation. Simply put, it wasn't that she didn't trust Aspen for who Aspen was, it meant that Damia couldn't trust Aspen because if their situations were reversed she'd probably sell the woman out because she couldn't even imagine not being sold out, Damia wouldn't trust herself with anything. Had things always been like that, she couldn't remember it was impossible to remember, everything from long ago seems foreign, like it happened through the eyes of someone else. Had she died, only to be replaced by some sort of automaton who'd the memories of a dead girl but could never feel feelings like she might remember having experienced once, whose sole reason for existing to preserve this, this dark secret was now ruined.

She'd said all that aloud, from the floor down on her knees in a slump. That entire time, she'd been mumbling it aloud as if talking to herself, slowly rocking side to side, banging her head against a dresser in the perfect rhythm that was madness. Eyes glossy and vacant as the woman babbled with a soft thud, thud, thud, thud, thud suddenly stopping with dead stillness hehe the sound was unnerving, completely without hinge the sheer disparity between the notes enough to instill chills. Then came more, the damn broken, as Damia began to giggle uncontrollably, as though she were trying to hide some girly secret.

For her entire life she'd been raised for this in the shadow of her sister who died, and a brother who ran, to protect the family honor, protect the family honor, these words had been etched into Damia by their mother. That had been the only interaction between the two, when the matriarchs mind started to slip the words had turned into lashings, harder and harder by a mother whose mind had been rotting away into nothing who knew nothing of restraint. Damia's half removed shirt had fallen off, revealing the battered bruised upper body. Then a clink as the ring around her middle finger fell to the floor from a limp hand, the magical glamour dispersed revealing the dozens of scars, old yet sharp lines whiter than the flesh around it that crisscrossed in an x pattern along the girls back. The perfect tracing of an arm stroke. Protect the family honor, and she'd endured it all, every single thing, each hell all of the stress the lack of sleep the pain, the crying the hate, the rage, mistrust, betrayals, abuse, the rape she'd endured them all. Now it had all been for nothing, just like that, all she had strained to keep had frayed too much and her mind was coming undone.

Giggling louder, both hands over the girls mouth as she struggled to contain the hysterics. Damia? Damia! I can't see, where are you?!" the confused scared voice her mother made Damia seize for a moment, a loud breaking laugh sounded out. Shoulders shaking as the girl started to laugh wildly, a hand over her face, though between the cracks in her dainty fingers you could see the pupils of her eyes shrunken to pin points. Tears streaming freely down the girls face, spasms racked her, the more you look the more a person realized that without her ring more scars would be revealed. Burns along her arm, a gash on her breast, they kept popping up little ones here and their. They couldn't all have been from her mother, just what had Damia endured for this secret, perhaps that was why the realization that it had all been for naught ripped her apart.

All the while she laughed as though it would never end, babbling the entire time.

How much she said and what Aspen hears is up to you, could all just be nonsense. up to you..

@Hiraeth
Aspen Kailasa
“The Dark Sentencer”
Aspen Kailasa
Feb 21 2018, 06:45 PM
Crux Fidelis
Aracelis Hallowed
Valkyrie
76 posts
currently Offline
played by Hiraeth

"Damia...what are you saying?" Aspen could only stare in confusion and worry when the other girl started babbling incoherently. She caught words and sentences here and there which made it clear that Damia did not trust her to keep the mansion's state of disarray a secret. Aspen felt a spark of anger, but she calmed it surprisingly easily upon seeing Damia's vulnerable state. No, that was an understatement. Even more than before, the woman looked like she was about to lose her mind -or maybe she'd lost it already. Aspen didn't know what to say or do. What could she possibly gain by spreading this rumour? Who would believe her? Who could she talk to? There was no one to tell and nothing in it for her even if there was.

But even if she said that, Damia would think she was lying. Somehow, she knew that with certaintly. Somehow, she knew it had always been like this. Damia had never trusted her. She didn't trust anyone. Aspen was a fool for thinking she was special.

Even so...why did Aspen still want to help?

Aspen knelt down beside Damia, sighing. "This has been painful for you, hasn't it? I always knew there was something up with you, but I...never tried to help or understand you properly." Her words didn't seem to be finding any purchase, but that was okay. Aspen had similar breakdowns. She was sure her words might reach Damia later when things had settled down. Maybe. Perhaps it didn't matter. Saying nice things like this felt right sometimes. It was selfish, but at least she was trying to make Damia feel better as well.

Aspen blinked and her face fell when she saw various injuries appearing all over Damia's half-naked body. Basically anywhere she could see skin, there was a bruise, a cut, a burn, or a scar. How exactly did she pay to keep this place going? How long had this been going on? Aspen began to wonder how many of the people she'd seen were perpetrators. How many of these fiends had she passed by in Aryoch without doing anything about them? Was it that mother of hers? Someone like that was better off dead. Well, she was almost dead already so she might as well, right?

Aspen tried to shut out her particularly violent thoughts before they sent her on a rampage that left Damia alone in her room.

Forcibly calming down, the sin reached out a tentative hand. At first she was going to try to wipe a tear away but she changed her mind at the last moment and settled for placing her hand on the girl's shoulder, attempting to be comforting. "Why do you do this? Do you really love that woman so much? Why endure...this?" she asked, aware that Damia might not even hear her. Ironically enough, she heard the mother's voice sound out from the other room just as she'd said that. They both ignored it.

As much as Aspen truly wanted to comfort Damia, she could feel something else in her own voice. It was Lucifer. Lucifer had said similar things to her when she tried to commit suicide and instead fell through the veil to Hell. Even laced with obvious ill-intent and driven by the will to amass more power, those words were the only reason Aspen still existed. Sometimes when the world lost all meaning, it was good to restart and hop over to the other side. Instead of suffering at the hands of others, she could make those same people pay for their indiscretions.

But before she offered anything, Aspen wanted an answer from Damia -even if she had to wait a while and see more painful things. If that girl truly wanted to keep her secret alive, she wouldn't interfere --or she'd try her hardest not to, anyway.

@Nyx
Damia Callisto
“”
Damia Callisto
Feb 28 2018, 10:32 PM
Unsorted
Viscount
Human
14 posts
currently Offline
played by Nyx

Sanity was nothing but a nightmare, a dream you could only pray to the gods you'd never return to. Within the safe confines of madness, truly it was here that joy could be found, so far from the misery of reality, where every waking moment ate at your very soul. There was nothing, no bastion, no anchor from the raging tide that had swept the pink haired girl away from that cracking shell that was her physical form. The best way to describe it, a thousand shattered images all falling in different directions, all joined as a single unit longing only to be hole but to be denied in cruel agony, ideas and thoughts immeasurable rushing to the surface. All of them screaming to be heard, each a fragment of the other, a puzzle that did not know how it was supposed to look when completed. How else can the sane hope to describe madness to the sane?

Suddenly an anchor, a safe harbor in the storm to allows the pieces of chaos to collect together so that a single coherent thought could be formed. Silvered hair, piercing green eyes and a smile within a memory, it was this image that echoed like a magnet waking up and snapping the shards to its side with an undeniable command. Turning her head to the source of this, with all the resistance in the world the victim of a malakavian mind, listened to the question posed to the Callisto girl. "Love?" Speaking it like a foreign land's first taste of a new language, as though the concept was so faint it was lost under the cacophonous mind that it was absurd. "I hate her, I hate her so much I wish she would die, she never liked me, she never smiled at me, I was never good enough, The way she scorned and spurned me for spending my time with you, or that I'm not as good as my sister, who died, or my brother who gambled away his life and then ran away disappearing, I had to pay his debts you know. The words came out in short bursts, devoid of human emotion like an autonomoton on a script."They were the first, you know" A slow smile came across her face, as she wheezed like one great joke was filling her lungs.

"but she needed me, finally..... finally she needed me, I had to take care of her. She neeeded me, she's the only one who needs me, without her I-I have nothing"[b] gesturing inwards [b]"I am nothing, I don't know, theres just... I-I have no personality so if no one needs me I-I...I .. have nothing" reaching out to clutch Aspen by the arm to reveal a great secret. "All that I am is, a lie... I can tell no truths because I have no truths! I can't even remember if I ever did. Mayhap all that I have ever been is a huge facade, so that she will need me.... I ...I don't know anymore... I don't know" Those eyes of hers were as hollow as the hole in prides heart.

@[Hireath]

Lemmie know what you think of THAT!

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in America Rise of the Believers
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RPYuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RPN:FBBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPThe Duality of Man: an animanga role-play
 photo BasuraSengoku HorizonF/BCReluctant Heroes
Save Me
DBUAGE OF KINGSTop RP SitesAscendant
NoxHiraeth a Panfandom RPsurreality
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.