megalomania
original dark fantasy
Practice of Sedition
In a world built upon a foundation of conflict, the past year has been notably violent. As Crux Fidelis, the Crusaders and ruling faction of Sium, suffer heavy losses from a particularly bloody Aphelion, other factions are emboldened to take action. Despite being allies, Weltschmerz's ambitious and duplicitous nature sees them taking bigger risks which threaten to break their alliance. All the while, Apocrypha continues to gain public sympathy and support while the Black Sun Cabal and Poena Damni continue to wreak havoc. As Sium races towards yet another conflict, it’s evident that yet another war lurks on the horizon.

Closed
New Poll

Never Let a Demon Get Bored [CW], (Daeva/Roux)
Daeva
“Eternal Flame”
"That's a horrid idea. Honestly, killing them all is smarter and far less hassle."
Daeva
Oct 14 2017, 01:59 AM
Unsorted
Baron
Phoenix Demon
5 posts
currently Offline
played by Shirochan

Bored!!!

Daeva was about as bored as one could be. Roux was currently out of the room grabbing something for them for dinner. She'd managed to piss him off, which wasn't hard to do. Oh, that wasn't to say they didn't get along or enjoy one another's company. They got along really, really well. But she was a demon. She wasn't some simple human who made no sense. She didn't worry about such simple things. They were confusing beings and if it wasn't for Roux, she'd be out killing them and getting rid of the dumber ones as swiftly as she could.

Why he wanted to protect such stupid beings, she'd never understand.

It was also one of the reasons for the latest fight and why she was stuck in their room while he headed out to grab dinner. On their way here, she'd been hit on by several men. All of which she 'politely' had turned down. When they wouldn't take no for an answer, she'd broken their hands. In several places. Which had then upset her partner. Damn it. She really liked Roux. He was a nice kid. It was just depressing he wanted to be a 'Hero'. Of course, that meant doing everything in a way that was neither efficient nor wise.

One of these days, she'd get him to see things her way. Till then, she was stuck doing things as he wished. At least, for the most part. After all, she wanted him to be happy. He had saved both their lives after all. She owed him. It helped that he was nice to look at and she normally got to spend a lot of with him. After all, they were reliant on one another. If one died the other would too. Her own powers of regeneration were not working in the least. At least not after whatever had happened during the fight, oh so long ago, when they had first met and formed a contract.

Damn she was bored!

Shifting on the bed till she found a comfortable way to sprawl out, she made a very welcoming sight to see when Roux returned.

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Oct 20 2017, 01:00 AM
Apocrypha
Detective
Cambion
89 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

The trip to Gaothaire had almost been uneventful. Almost. Of course there just had to be someone desperate enough to hit on the first female they saw, who just so happened to be Daeva. And of course she just had to their hands instead of just walking away. It was honestly infuriating but not something that even surprised him. He'd grown used to Daeva's more... Violent tendencies but he still didn't approve of them. As such, when they arrived at their lodgings he just left her in the room while he went out for food. The truth? He wasn't even hungry, he was just annoyed.

Which had been the case ever since Aligheri.

To say he had a chip on his shoulder would be an understatement.

Walking down to the dining area of the small lodge they were staying at, Roux grabbed whatever looked appealing without much thought. A little bit of this and a little bit of that piled up on the plate would be filling enough for anyone as far as he was concerned. And as he walked back up the stairs, he took a deep breath as he just attempted to regain his composure. Pushing open the door, Roux stared at Daeva before rolling his eyes as he shut the door behind him.

"Well, someone's comfortable." He joked as he walked further inside before setting the plate on the bed. "Luckily, despite everything, no one really noticed us. Which means we can continue our investigation unnoticed." Roux said as he made his way over to the window and peered through the blinds to the dimly lit street below. They had been sent to investigate a rebel which had apparently been having contact with a Weltschmerz informant. The last thing the fledgling rebellion needed was one of their own ratting them out to an ally of the Cross.

@Shirochan
Daeva
“Eternal Flame”
"That's a horrid idea. Honestly, killing them all is smarter and far less hassle."
Daeva
Oct 20 2017, 01:23 AM
Unsorted
Baron
Phoenix Demon
5 posts
currently Offline
played by Shirochan

The demon pouted as she watched her contractor come back, making a small joke even while she could notice he wasn't happy with her. Damn it, she wasn't human. She couldn't understand all these complicated things he wanted her to. It was just... so boring.

"Roux, come on, you're not still upset with me over that guys hand, are you?" she asked, even as she moved to sit up and look at the man. "I mean, I thought I was holding back much better than you seem to think. I mean, I wanted to kill him but I didn't," she let him know. It was far beyond her to understand why anyone would want someone like that alive. They were disgusting examples of humanity and she saw no reason to let him continue his mouth breathing ways. Yet Roux would have been upset even worse if she'd killed him. So she'd merely broken his hand so he wouldn't dare to touch anything again. It was a valid point and much nicer than anything else she'd been tempted to do.

"Look, I get it. I'm not what you want. I'm violent and noisy and flamboyant. Yet we're stuck together. Both of us. So we need to make the most of it. That includes understanding me as much as you want me to understand you." With a soft sigh the demon moved toward the plate of food, wincing at some of the fruit and vegetables piled onto it. Instead, she took a piece of chicken, nibbling on it as she could.

Honestly, it was the one unfair thing she was learning about this arrangement. While the two of them were stuck with one another, she at least was trying to change and be understanding of Roux's wants and needs. On the other hand, he seemed to only be upset with her no matter what she did. It just wasn't fair. It was almost as if she was a pet instead of an equal partner in this, and that was something she didn't like in the least.

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Nov 4 2017, 09:49 PM
Apocrypha
Detective
Cambion
89 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Never Let a Demon Get Bored

"Daeva." Roux breathed out, scratching the back of his head. He really didn't want to have this conversation; he was stressed enough as it was and this just wasn't something he was looking forward to. He understood it, though. There was a part of him, despite everything, that still managed to understand Daeva in spite of their differences. He didn't fault her for her nature, nor did he expect her to change to suit his preferences. All he could do was try and make things work, but even then that just felt difficult.

"I'm not really upset. I'm barely upset. A little annoyed? Maybe. I just have a lot of stuff to deal with, currently." It was true his life was slowly becoming a mess of proportions he wasn't exactly prepared to deal with. His sister had become a Sin, his other sister hated him, he wasn't sure where Noa was, his ancestor wanted him dead and everything was just too complicated. "You're who you are, I get that. And I'm me. We're not all that alike and that's fine. Sooner or later I'll figure out a way to separate us without both of us dropping dead. And then you'll be able to just do what you want and vice-versa." He said, still staring out the window, searching for any signs of movement.

"None of that is really important though. We just need to focus on our mission. Being distracted won't do us any good."

@Shirochan
Daeva
“Eternal Flame”
Daeva
Nov 4 2017, 11:34 PM
Unsorted
Baron
Phoenix Demon
5 posts
currently Offline
played by Shirochan

Daeva moved over to Roux's side and slipped her arms around his neck, hugging him from behind. "Honestly, I don't mind being stuck with you, you know. There are far worse people I could have ended up with, even if you are a human who wants to protect the world from everything," she remarked, smiling even as she said what she did. It was kind of funny, but it wasn't horrible in the least.

Daeva then chuckled, kissing his cheek before moving to settle on his lap to watch out the window with him and give him a reason to watch out the window without being suspected, since it would seem as if he was watching her instead of what was going on outside.

"So serious, Roux. Always focused on work. I swear, I'm going to have to get you to take a break at some point. Even if you can access my power due to our bond, the last thing you need is to over do things."

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Nov 9 2017, 07:19 PM
Apocrypha
Detective
Cambion
89 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Never Let A Demon Get Bored
Roux was pretty rigid the moment Daeva got close to him. It wasn't her, necessarily, but having spent a majority of his life in seclusion away from his peers and with his nose buried in books, he wasn't a fan of physical contact. At least not to this extent; handshakes and fist bumps were one thing, but he hated being hugged and touched by people this closely. Even hugging his own sister had left him uncomfortable.

He didn't say anything, choosing to keep his gaze on the street. He appreciated her worry, but working was all he knew how to do. Roux wasn't sure when he had adopted Onyx's trait of being a workaholic, but he had. It kept him focused and on-point, gave him something to keep his mind at ease. After all, he couldn't worry about his entire life if he was too focused on one thing in particular.

"The fact of the matter is, ultimately, we're stuck together. While it may have been a mutual agreement, it was an agreement made under extreme duress." Roux said, glancing at her as she sat on his lap before looking back outside. "I do think it'd be better if we at least had the option of living free and on our own terms, though. Separating without either of us dying isn't out of the question; I've done a lot of reading and it's definitely possible. It just... Takes a lot." He muttered out the last part, not sure if he was actually willing to take that much of a leap.

@Shirochan
Daeva
“Eternal Flame”
Daeva
Nov 15 2017, 06:09 PM
Unsorted
Baron
Phoenix Demon
5 posts
currently Offline
played by Shirochan

Daeva sighed, closing her eyes for a moment before slipping from his lap and moving to sit across from him. She always hoped he'd get at least somewhat used to being close to her. Yet every time she'd gotten close, he always tensed up. It was a little sad but something she could deal with.

"Roux, I'm not bothered by the deal we have. Sure, being able to be free if we chose to be is a nice thing, but not necessary. I see no reason to push things and stress ourselves to find a way to separate us. Its not important right now. The mission you're on and what we are needed for is far more enjoyable than worrying about something that we don't really need to focus on."

Daeva was a little sad he seemed so determined to find a way to split them apart. As she was, she liked their arrangement. Sure, there were times she didn't understand him. But that was true of any contract pairing. The understanding would come. All she really needed to do was be there as he needed.

@Jageroux
Roux Zaynesworth
“Blackbird”
Roux Zaynesworth
Dec 22 2017, 05:49 PM
Apocrypha
Detective
Cambion
89 posts
currently Offline
played by Jageroux

Roux couldn't deny he felt a little bad when Daeva moved off of his lap. He didn't hold anything against her but despite his friendly nature he couldn't really handle having people be so close to him in a casual way. The only person who had been an exception to that had been River and he was still trying to figure it out.

"I know, but it's always good to have options. And... I dunno. I guess I'm sort of scared at the thought of living forever. Watching everyone I know die while not aging seems... Sad, I guess." He explained, being honest with his reasoning.

Well for the most part.

In fear of coming off as insulting, he decided to omit his fear of changing into someone he didn't want to be. Everyone he met who was centuries old all seemed to be so... Devoid of emotion. Logic seemed to rule them and it was like there was no need heart involved.

It extended to so many people he knew... Daeva included. But the last thing he wanted to do was fumble his words and convey his feelings in and offending manner.

"You're right, though. I should focus on the mission. Have you noticed anything weird? Like... I don't know. Any strange magic or something?" He inquired, looking back out the window to the street.

@Shirochan

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

resources & affiliates
RPG-Dface in the crowdShadowplay
TOGETHER WE FALL: A NON-CANON NARUTO RPPokemon: Forever ForgottenDIVESTED - A Canon Shingeki no Kyojin RoleplayDigimon: Kids in AmericaAvalon a Panfandom RP
Rise of the BelieversThose Among UsWorld of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP
Yuri RoleplayDBS
DETHRONED GODS:RESTARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP Project GenesisN:FB
to bitter endingsBreath of Liberty; A LoZ RPAzelaniarealm of the sevenINFAMY, a non-canon one piece site
The Duality of Man: an animanga role-playShinobi Stories photo Basura
Sengoku HorizonF/BCTHE STELLARA REGIONReluctant Heroes
Megalomania was created by the staff team with inspiration from various magic/fantasy series. The skin was coded by Hiraeth exclusively for Megalomania using Merc's push sidebar, Black's formatted code/quote blocks, and posiden5665's default avatar code. The banner was drawn by -2x2-. Icons/macros were provided by FontAwesome. All characters, concepts, and other written works belong to their respective posters. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.